12/30 6pm fireworks timing ? And others

flipflopmom

DIS Veteran
Here’s my scenario: months ago booked dessert party beginning at 5:00 for 6:30 fireworks in MK on 12/30. The heavens opened an ADR for the new Storybook Dining at WL 7:55. Will we make it? I am on the fence about cancelling the dessert party and just hoping for the best. Don’t care as much about the desserts as I did the spot...

How long does the castle lighting Frozen show last and what time does it start?

Thanks!

Here’s my scenario: months ago booked dessert party beginning at 5:00 for 6:30 fireworks in MK on 12/30.

ADR for the new Storybook Dining at WL 7:55.
1. Will we make it?
2. I am on the fence about cancelling the dessert party and just hoping for the best. Don’t care as much about the desserts as I did the spot...
3. How long does the castle lighting Frozen show last and
4. what time does it start?

Thanks!
1. You can. But there will be a SEA of other guests in the park and exiting.
It will be tight.
2. You can cancel the dessert party, if you like.
(I'd not try BOTH of those premium "dining events" on the same night.)
Watch the fireworks from mid-way up Main Street. Then, you can exit more quickly.
3. 10 minutes, give or take.
4. About 6:00 or 6:15pm

Last edited:
Here’s my scenario: months ago booked dessert party beginning at 5:00 for 6:30 fireworks in MK on 12/30. The heavens opened an ADR for the new Storybook Dining at WL 7:55. Will we make it? I am on the fence about cancelling the dessert party and just hoping for the best. Don’t care as much about the desserts as I did the spot...

How long does the castle lighting Frozen show last and what time does it start?

Thanks!

The 12/30 6:30pm fireworks show is Fantasy in the Sky with a new years countdown tag at the end, which is a bit of a short show... 11ish mins. Let's round up and say you're leaving the dessert party at 6:45pm. Hopefully the bypass is open and you can scoot to the front of the park / WL boat dock quickly.... let's say 7pm'ish. Unfortunately I have no clue what the line for the boat will be like at that moment - you could hop on a boat easily and make it with time to spare, or you could encounter really crowded conditions and the journey take double or triple what it would 'normally' take. I don't have a lot of faith giving you specific advice since that day has a lot of variables.

Granted there's still more inbound traffic at MK at that hour for the late show than outbound traffic, but it's still very busy with a lot of comings and goings.

We had the dessert party for the 6:30pm show on 12/30 last year and I was very happy to have the spot. To me that trumps Storybook Dining, but to each their own based on priorities.

If you waived off the dessert party, watching from the Town Square/Train Station area ensures a quicker getaway, but you lose some viewing angles of the 180 degree portions back there, to some extent - so a bit of a trade off.

but you lose some viewing angles of the 180 degree portions back there, to some extent - so a bit of a trade off.[/QUOTE]

Where would be the best location to view this show? I will be watching this one on the 30th and then at EPCOT on the 31st for their new years show.

but you lose some viewing angles of the 180 degree portions back there, to some extent - so a bit of a trade off.

Where would be the best location to view this show? I will be watching this one on the 30th and then at EPCOT on the 31st for their new years show.[/QUOTE]

I’ll defer to @Robo and his maps (there is a link in his signature above), but in my opinion anywhere where you have a decent view of a good portion of the horizon towards the left, back, and right of the MK is a good spot. The hub is the perfect ‘central’ spot to view the whole show framed around the castle and surrounding fireworks, but of course it’ll be packed.

Since there are no projections, other locations like some spots in Tomorrowland and Fantasyland (behind the castle) are also options too - just have to position yourself somewhere where you can see a good chunk of the surrounding sky if you want the 180 degree visual. Sorry, that’s kind of vague advice but it’s hard with the potential for trees/buildings/etc in the way in any given location.

Unfortunately I have no clue what the line for the boat will be like at that moment - you could hop on a boat easily and make it with time to spare, or you could encounter really crowded conditions and the journey take double or triple what it would 'normally' take.

Another option, if the boat line at the park is nuts, would be to walk over to the Contemporary and take the boat from there to WL. The walk from MK to the dock is probably 10 minutes.
  • Blue Flag Launch: The blue route consists of two launches transporting guests around Bay Lake between Disney's Wilderness Lodge, Fort Wilderness, and Contemporary Resort. The two launches operate in opposite direction, meeting at the Contemporary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter