• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

12/31 at IOA and MYTHOS

MIB999999

<font color=purple>MIB Fantastic Four sensei<br><f
We got to IOA at 7:30pm and walked around looking at everything. the wait time were 60 for Hulk, 70 for Spiderman, 45 for DOOM. No wait for Bilge Rat. 25 for JPRA. 45 for Dragons. 45 One Fish, Two Fish.

We discovered what the band stand was for in front of dragons. It was for a D.J. primarily for the teen set. I must be getting older cause what passes for music today holds no appeal for me.

Swung by Alchemy but no sign of the LUSH TROOP.

The food at MYTHOS was outstanding as we have come to expect. There was a double crew working and they were all going at top speed. The corn/lobster bisque with lump crabmeat was outstanding. The Rib-Eye was still attached to the rib bone and was at least 10' in diameter. It was a large piece of meat as was the three bone pork tenderloin. You could have fed a family of four with the pork tenderloin. It was nice to be able to walk out onto the patio and view the fireworks.

Happy New Year to all

:smooth: :smooth:

I did not since the overnight low was to be 47 degrees. I did see a tourist with a kilt on by the mystic fountain. :smooth:

The "lush club" met at 3pm, and consisted of myself, my kids and RobertWalker...and for the record, we didn't have any alcohol (in fact, I decided to get an Alchemy margarita at around 9pm, my only one! :eek: ) We waited and chatted until about 4, hoping that Robin would make it since RobertW had seen her earlier in the day and told her about it. We never did see her...

Ryan and RobertW hit dragons twice and we hit single riders on Spidey...and we saw the XTreme Xventures show...and wandered about a bit.
We left IOA and hit US for a couple of rides on MIB, and were back at IOA at about the time MIB must have been arriving! We ate at the Comic Strip (again with only 10%AP discount, I'm getting annoyed with this!!!), got our party favors, and Ryan and Robert W hit the Dragons 3 times. Alex and I headed to the fountain, around 9, he was sleeping or absent or whatever (we waited there a good 15-20 minutes too!) and then we waited next to the Enchanted Oak for Ryan and RoberW who resurfaced at 10. I hung with the "teenagers" and enjoyed the music with my margarita while my son complained that he was the only one not having fun:rolleyes:. I like techno...so I enjoyed the music and festive atmosphere! I'm surprised that we didn't run into MIB in that area!
I was going to walk up to Mythos at about 10 to see if we could say hey to MIB and co., but I didn't want to not be where I was supposed to be when the "boys" came off of the ride.
We then went to Pteranadon Flyers where I allowed RobertW to borrow a child for his first ever ride. :D I only charged him a nominal fee!:D
Then we made faces across the lagoon at the Mythos people as we fought for a spot to watch the fireworks! ;) Ryan rode Hulk for the first time of the day after the fireworks and we left to enjoy our time in the garage! :eek:

Glad MIB999999 didn't wear his kilt, I would have been really disappointed to have missed THAT!:D

Fun day tho...much better than sitting at home watching the ball drop! :)
Karen

Techno, is that what they call that. If it were not for the back beat i do not believe anyone would attempt to dance to it.

I actually had more juice to drink than you that nite MsDis. it was a mixture of 151, coconut milk and condensed milk. very potent and very good. Careful i may run for president of the LUSH CLUB.:smooth:

Hated that I missed getting to Alchemy to meet ya'll that day. DW & DD were in dire need of naps by 12:30, and we sure enuff over-napped that afternoon. (Like how I pushed that blame off on them? I grew rather spoiled on those PM snoozes myself)

Made it there around 4 PM and did Dragons and Spidey, but by 7 PM we were heading back to the room again. I got out-voted on if we were staying for NYE festivities.
Grabbed snacks & drinks and watched all the fireworks from our 12th floor room. Quite a nice view from there actually. (I'd have preferred being in the mix tho!)
Hope we can meet up at MG-Con next month!!
Jim

Hey Jim! We're sorry we missed you...but kids have an agenda all their own! Sounds nice watching the fireworks from the hotel...and it must have been REALLY nice watching the hords of people herding out to the parking lots from the comfort of your room! :eek:

MIB...The backbeat IS the music and the reason why you can't help but dance! (in my case!):D And yea, you could be our new president...I do my lush club thing on Sundays with the football fun!

151 eh.....did it make you stupid? :p

Karen

just one made me kind of sleepy so i had coffee with dessert.
Two and i would have been stupid.

KEv-I enjoy all types of music, but electronica/techno/trance is my gig. I'm actually an amateur dj on the side. Give me two glowsticks soemtimes and I'll show you how to dance to it! The style's called liquiding, and though it's not dancing in the traditional sense, it leaves really cool trails that "go" to the msuic!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter