12 Hollywood Studios Rumors (A Disney Rumors video is on pg. 1) and (an update is on pg. 16)

disneysource

Mouseketeer
Hello guys, I'’ve got more rumors for you. These ones are about the much rumored about expansions at Hollywood Studios. I’ve heard from my great uncle that the Cars Section is not going to happen. They are thinking of expanding Pixar Place and adding a Lucas Land section. The Pixar extension will be towards the back of Studios. While Lucas Land looks like it will take up most of the left side of the park. The only drawback about this revamping is that it probably won’t happen until at least 2020.

Hollywood Studios rumor video

1. Crush Coaster (would replace the Backlot tour/Warehouse)

2. Monsters Inc family ride (would replace the Backlot tour)

3. The Incredibles thrill ride (would replace the Backlot tour)

4. Pizza Planet (replaces Studio Catering and Honey I Shrunk the Kids Play area)

5. Indiana Jones ride (Dinosaur-like one) (replaces the stunt show)

6. Indiana Jones ride (Rollercoaster) (replaces the stunt show)

7 Indiana Jones warehouse restaurant (replaces Backlot Express)

8. Star Wars Meet and Greet (replaces ABC sound studio)

9. Star Wars Muppet 3d show (replaces Muppet Vision 3d)

10. Mos Eisley Cantina (replaces old Pizza Planet and Mama Melrose)

11. Rebel Blaster ride (replaces set pieces on the left side of the park)

12. Star Wars stunt show (replaces Lights, Motors)

Last edited:
Hello guys, I’ve got more rumors for you. I’ve heard from my great uncle that the Cars Section is not going to happen. They are thinking of expanding Pixar Place and adding a Lucas Land section. The Pixar extension will be towards the back of Studios. While Lucas Land looks like it will take up most of the left side of the park. The only drawback about this revamping is that it probably won’t happen until at least 2020. 1. Crush Coaster (would replace the Backlot tour/Warehouse) 2. Monsters Inc family ride (would replace the Backlot tour) 3. The Incredibles thrill ride (would replace the Backlot tour) 4. Pizza Planet (replaces Studio Catering and Honey I Shrunk the Kids Play area) 5. Indiana Jones ride (Dinosaur-like one) (replaces the stunt show) 6. Indiana Jones ride (Rollercoaster) (replaces the stunt show) 7 Indiana Jones warehouse restaurant (replaces Backlot Express) 8. Star Wars Meet and Greet (replaces ABC sound studio) 9. Star Wars Muppet 3d show (replaces Muppet Vision 3d) 10. Mos Eisley Cantina (replaces old Pizza Planet and Mama Melrose) 11. Rebel Blaster ride (replaces set pieces on the left side of the park) 12. Star Wars stunt show (replaces Lights, Motors)
Star Wars is coming that's a given. As for Pixar I won't believe until I see it. I would also agree with you that nothing is going to happen until around 2020. Pixar place has been rumored to get more for years and nothing has happened. I just heard that DCA is getting a monsters expansion that may start as early as next year. Also because this project is so far off I would say a lot of this is very subject to change.

Also because this project is so far off I would say a lot of this is very subject to change.

I agree, who knows what the final expansion will actually end up being. I hope they end up doing this plan though. They seem like really good ideas. One things for sure something needs to be done. Streets of America has always been a waste of space and the Backlot Tour stinks.

I agree, who knows what the final expansion will actually end up being. I hope they end up doing this plan though. They seem like really good ideas. One things for sure something needs to be done. Streets of America has always been a waste of space and the Backlot Tour stinks.
DHS was once good when it opened but has fallen off into a drift where practically the whole park needs updating.

I don't believe the rumors, but the rides do sound pretty good. I would love to do the Crush Coaster. I'll never go to France because I don't like French people. So it would be nice to have one in the United States.

Any of those would be wonderful additions. We enjoyed Crush's Coaster at Disneyland Paris. Would be great to have more Star Wars stuff...I would miss the playground, though can see that they need to seriously re-do or update that...but, it is nice to have a play area to let your kid run around in for a bit. I hope they eventually add something, maybe indoors like the one at Mission Space. The AK construction zone play area is wonderful, too.

I hope you are selling that as a group of stuff that they could possibly put in, not all of it. Because I would have a hard time believing they would do half that much stuff. That's basically a whole new park what you are listing there.

There's also no friggin' way they put in that much Indiana Jones stuff. Not until they manage to bring him back to the screen.

There's been strong hints that the Monster's Inc Coaster is going in at DCA, NOT DHS, but I suppose it's possible they could build it both places.

I'm glad to see the rumor mill churning back up though - after last year it looked for sure like DHS was going to get an overhaul and then they pulled the plug - supposedly temporarily - then everything was quiet for quite a while. Now seems like Epcot and DHS rumors are starting to come out again.

While I'd love to see stuff at Epcot, DHS is by far to me the park that is the biggest wasted opportunity. It's got a few good things, but is this disjointed hodgepodge of stuff.

There's also no friggin' way they put in that much Indiana Jones stuff. Not until they manage to bring him back to the screen.

I guess they still see Indy as a draw in their theme parks. The character is still very iconic and memorable. Plus they must be making a sequel or reboot to along with their new attractions.

There's been strong hints that the Monster's Inc Coaster is going in at DCA, NOT DHS, but I suppose it's possible they could build it both places..

It's actually a family-based ride like the one in California. I guess they want to have a few attractions for the whole family and not just rollercoaster fanatics.

I don't believe the rumors, but the rides do sound pretty good. I would love to do the Crush Coaster. I'll never go to France because I don't like French people. So it would be nice to have one in the United States.
In reality, the French people are very accommodating and hospitable as long as you don't go in with an arrogant American attitude!

In reality, the French people are very accommodating and hospitable as long as you don't go in with an arrogant American attitude!

I agree wholeheartedly. Parisians were fine as long as we didn't try to butcher the French language, which we hadn't studied, and were very helpful with directions. The Normans were so appreciative of American sacrifices during WWII and offered us free room and food at their homes several times while visiting Normandy--which we turned down but let them know we appreciated very much.

LOL, you must have met some French People while they were sleeping.

I agree wholeheartedly. Parisians were fine as long as we didn't try to butcher the French language, which we hadn't studied, and were very helpful with directions. The Normans were so appreciative of American sacrifices during WWII and offered us free room and food at their homes several times while visiting Normandy--which we turned down but let them know we appreciated very much.

Well, you should never try to butcher any language!

I think that The Incredibles ride could be great. If this version is created as it is currently planned it would be like the Spiderman ride at Islands.

4. Pizza Planet (replaces Studio Catering and Honey I Shrunk the Kids Play area)

So by this, are you suggesting a move or expansion of the current Pizza Planet location? I would appreciate a large arcade, but the food over there is crap.

I guess they still see Indy as a draw in their theme parks. The character is still very iconic and memorable. Plus they must be making a sequel or reboot to along with their new attractions.

Disney purchased the marketing and distribution rights to any future Indiana Jones movies late last year, I understand that 2 movies are in the works.

8. Star Wars Meet and Greet (replaces ABC sound studio)

9. Star Wars Muppet 3d show (replaces Muppet Vision 3d)

10. Mos Eisley Cantina (replaces old Pizza Planet and Mama Melrose)

11. Rebel Blaster ride (replaces set pieces on the left side of the park)

12. Star Wars stunt show (replaces Lights, Motors)

Love the fact that there is chatter on DHS. But if this is what they decide to do with Star Wars Land, it will be the let-down of the century. They need a Potter-killer, and their only hope is Star Wars (not Indy, as much as I like that franchise, too). Meet-and-greets with overlays on existing attractions (Muppets and stunt show) don't really add anything to the park that will bring new people over. Need MEC and a couple of good rides (maybe this rebel blaster option, along with a real E-ticket level attraction that could headline the whole new area) if they really want to cut into Potter.

Love the fact that there is chatter on DHS. But if this is what they decide to do with Star Wars Land, it will be the let-down of the century. They need to Potter-killer, and their only hope is Star Wars (not Indy, as much as I like that franchise, too). Meet-and-greets with overlays on existing attractions (Muppets and stunt show) don't really add anything to the park that will bring new people over. Need MEC and a couple of good rides (maybe this rebel blaster option, along with a real E-ticket level attraction that could headline the whole new area) if they really want to cut into Potter.
I agree DHS needs a Star Wars e ticket

So by this, are you suggesting a move or expansion of the current Pizza Planet location? I would appreciate a large arcade, but the food over there is crap.

Yep, it would be where Honey I Shrunk and Studio Catering currently are at the moment. I would love to see a more authentic version done that actually looks like the movie version.

Love the fact that there is chatter on DHS. But if this is what they decide to do with Star Wars Land, it will be the let-down of the century. They need a Potter-killer, and their only hope is Star Wars (not Indy, as much as I like that franchise, too). Meet-and-greets with overlays on existing attractions (Muppets and stunt show) don't really add anything to the park that will bring new people over. Need MEC and a couple of good rides (maybe this rebel blaster option, along with a real E-ticket level attraction that could headline the whole new area) if they really want to cut into Potter.
I agree DHS needs a Star Wars e ticket

I think that Rebel Blaster would be the biggest draw in this part of the park. It is described as Toy Story Mania meets Buzz Lightyear. I was surprised that they would do a similar ride to Toy Story though, but maybe a similar ride on the opposite side would get crowds to split up more when the park opens.

Well, Avatar land at AK is scheduled to open in 2016-2017, Disney Spring is in the works with that finishing sometime in 2016 and the One Billion they spent on the Magic Band project, I'm guessing HS doesn't see anything new started until late 2016 early 2017. Plus EPCOT is going to need something new soon also, perhaps a Frozen Attraction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter