12 Hollywood Studios Rumors (A Disney Rumors video is on pg. 1) and (an update is on pg. 16)

HS will probably have a new ride opened by Spring of next year, and the new TS track as well. I think they will open things in stages and are probably planning at least a 2-3 year overhaul of the park.

This makes sense to me...having been involved in large building projects on the outside looking in (multi-million dollar residence hall building and renovations at a university) the longer the project goes the more expensive it becomes because of inflation (materials prices go up annually, labor costs go up annually, etc.)...while I know Disney is not known for being all that fast when it comes to construction...it's financially in their best interest to move things along more quickly! I also think if you look at how New Fantasyland had a phased opening - people were excited to go see the new things and then had the anticipation of other things opening up and wanted to return to see those things...so it's a way to continue to draw people to the park even while construction is happening.

View attachment 110092
I'm not going to tell him.

I got an inside source that says he was behind it. He's been using his power behind the scenes for decades. Last year Mickey got jealous at Donald's birthday and trashed the place. There was cake every where, Goofy kept slipping on it. I've heard that other characters can't even look him in the eye or he'll freak out at them. That's not even half of it either, he's been hanging out with Chuck e Cheese lately and getting into some real bad stuff.

Story may not be completely accurate

They need Sleeping beauty for sure! They could do some amazing things with the dragon! Lone Ranger would be an awesome ride theme! The game is really fun and loved the movie. Perfect balance for kids and adults.

I just read they green lite a 3 billion dollar expansion of HS!!!! I hope it is true because this park could be EPIC with that kind of expansion.

Anything with the 3 Billion price tag attached I don't believe. DCA got 1 Billion for the redo. DHS is hardly as in bad shape as DCA was.
Actually I'd say DHS is much worse. Much of DCA's work went into theming. It actually gained a surprisingly low amount of rides for the dollars spent. One great E Ticket, a D Ticket, and a couple carnival style rides (with one already shuttered).

DCA was and still is a better theme park than DHS. That's saying something...

Im dreading going to Hollywood Studios September 2016. I can just imagine it being completely bulldozed over with about 3 or 4 attractions/ rides to do.

Has there been any rumours about whether Fantasmic or Beauty & The Beast show is going to get affected?

Im dreading going to Hollywood Studios September 2016. I can just imagine it being completely bulldozed over with about 3 or 4 attractions/ rides to do.

Has there been any rumours about whether Fantasmic or Beauty & The Beast show is going to get affected?
Both are staying for now. I can't see them getting rid of fantasmic yet. There were rumors for a while that tangled would go where beauty and the beast are but that's not happening at least for now.

That's the same time I'm going.

I haven't heard anything about Fantasmic going. It seems very popular so it will probably stick around. B & B maybe on the chopping block though. It's gotten old and stale like moldy bread. I've read multiple ideas, but no rumors. Some have said Tangled or Aladdin could be a decent replacement for it.

My worry is that after all this Pixar/ Star Wars expansion that Fantasmic as well as Beauty & The Beast on stage will be the only 2 attractions in the park which will be based on classic Disney animated films? Either they're going to need to add more in to balance everything out or they are going to stick out like sore thumbs.

That's the same time I'm going.

I haven't heard anything about Fantasmic going. It seems very popular so it will probably stick around. B & B maybe on the chopping block though. It's gotten old and stale like moldy bread. I've read multiple ideas, but no rumors. Some have said Tangled or Aladdin could be a decent replacement for it.

I could see them doing tangled. They are putting Tangled on the Disney Magic so they have would have a base to work off of. DCA already has aladdin and also the Disney Fantasy.

Does this amount budgeted for DHS include the new parking garage(s) and new entry ways? Those two projects could eat up some big money.

I am sure that this huge overhaul will finally bring this park up to par. I am looking forward to the changes as they happen. Just heard the rumor of the Star Wars Launch Bay walk through.

I am sure that this huge overhaul will finally bring this park up to par. I am looking forward to the changes as they happen. Just heard the rumor of the Star Wars Launch Bay walk through.
there are much bigger plans than just a star wars launch bay

At first I was really excited about the idea of more Indiana Jones...but then I realized that it will probably be *new* Indiana Jones, and not Harrison Ford :-/ I really have to try to stop hating this movie before it even starts filming haha.

And yay for more Pixar! I hope this means a Wall-E M&G will become reality!

Now if only Disney World would make a Yesteryear area and shove all of the old characters in there...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts