• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

12 nights at BWV and not one Keister Coaster ride

Lora

DIS Veteran
Can you believe we were at the BWV for a total of 12 nights and never once got to the pool?? I think we were too tired the first 3 days, then it rained the next 3 days. We did 2 waterparks the 2nd week, so that seemed like enough. Even so, we were disappointed to miss the clown slide.

How is it we can go for so long and still not do everything on our list? :earboy2:

Lora said:
How is it we can go for so long and still not do everything on our list? :earboy2:
I don't know, but it happens (or doesn't happen) Sorta speaks to the folks who claim they've been to Disney after a 4 or 5 day stay and can't seem to understand why so many of us keep going back.

I can't wait to go on the Keister Coaster!! Have only stayed at BWV once last year and it was too cold to swim (even for a New Englander!). Hopefully this year I can find the time even though we are only there for four days.

How was the room/hotel? Is construction complete (pipes)? New mattress on the sofa bed?

Any updates would be appreciated - Thanks. Hope you had a great time!

Thank you for the reassurance that even if we stayed longer than our short stays, it wouldn't feel like "enough."

At least one of my group of 4 did use the slide. I'm determined to do it once before the walk up the steps becomes too hard for me to do. I need to ask, is it a "rough" slide, or would you consider it "smooth?"

Bobbi :flower:

bobbiwoz said:
Thank you for the reassurance that even if we stayed longer than our short stays, it wouldn't feel like "enough."

At least one of my group of 4 did use the slide. I'm determined to do it once before the walk up the steps becomes too hard for me to do. I need to ask, is it a "rough" slide, or would you consider it "smooth?"

Bobbi,

I really should say that I think we got enough during our trip - it's just funny how you can do SO MUCH and still not do it all. Since we upgraded to the PAP this year, we spent more time on those extras we never had before (waterparks and Disney Quest).

Talk about walking up stairs...we had plenty of that at the waterparks and some great slides as our reward for the work. The Keister Coaster is smooth, in my opinion and the climb up the stairs if relatively short. The slide is not bad at all. I sit up so it goes a little slower. I think the slide at SAB is a bit more rough and goes through a dark tunnel - if you ever been on that one.

Tinkbellfan said:
How was the room/hotel? Is construction complete (pipes)? New mattress on the sofa bed?

Any updates would be appreciated - Thanks. Hope you had a great time!

Our rooms were fine. I did notice some wear in 2123 in particular (missing peg in the chair, one side of the curtain rod missing, grout in shower looking like it needed to be re-done). We saw mattresses going into the room next to us, but I'm not sure if we got them - probably did. I don't know about the sofa bed though. My kids slept on it and they can pretty much sleep anywhere.

They were working on those pipes while we were there. Everything in the hall we went down seemed to be patched up by the end. They had plastic covering much of the hallway for the repair work. No complaints about the property other than that.

I'm just remembering that there is a section of the Boardwalk itself that is being repaired. It's near the model rooms. There is (was?) a wall up as usual to enclose the area under repair.

Another note... I was so sad to find out that the pizza window no longer makes calzones. :( I had them there last year(??) and they were great! Now it's just pizza and salads.

Lora - thanks for the updates. Too bad about the calzones, they were a meal for two.

Maybe I've read Stephen King's IT too many times, but that clown scares the #$%@ out of me!

That is the best thing about Disney World, you can really never complete your "list of things to do" , and with DVC you know you will be back soon!!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter