12x12 software ????

SplshMtn99

<font color=blue>She talks to me in pretty <font c
Stupid question. I have a canon printer that will print 12x12 & larger.

What software program do you all use for say a 12x12 layout where you want to run 12x12 cardstock thru the printer?

I tend to use PrinterMaster for alot of stuff, but it's 8.5 x 11.

I use Microsoft Picture It (now Digital Image Pro) for most things. It's more user friendly than the others (Photoshop, Photoshop Elements, and Paint Shop Pro).

Thanks, I actually have both Photoshop Elements 2 and Digital Image Pro. Guess I need to really sit down & learn them.

I've used so many versions of PrintMaster over the past 10 yrs or so, that that is the one I tend to go to first.

Not only do I collect scrapping supplies, but I collect photo editing software too. LOL

When I was at a Scrapbook Expo in Florida in October they were showcasing the new 12X12 printers along with the software program - Art Explosion Scrapbook Factory Deluxe Version 3. I have version 2 and have used it to make 8 1/2 X 11 pages but it will also do 12X12. Version 3 is so much more advanced than version 2 and the pages actually look like they were made as it add shading and depth to the pages. Also Creating Keepsakes has a software program that I picked up at Costco. It was called Creating Keepsakes Scrapbook Designer Platinum edition.

Ok, another question for those with 12x12 printers.

Are you printing on 12x12 cardstock OR 12x12 photo paper?
If 12x12 photo paper, where do you get it? (if it even exists)

WHAT are you printing? In other words, are you printing the entire layout on cardstock.... or are you printing everything except the photos & adding physical photos after its printed.

Guess I'm wondering quality of an enitre layout printed on cardstock vs photos printed on photo paper. Know what I mean? LOL

creating keepsakes also has a program similar to printshop but you can set up 12 x 12 pages. it's called creating keepsakes scrapbook designer. i moslty use photoshop elements though

bubbasmom99 said:
I use Microsoft Picture It (now Digital Image Pro) for most things. It's more user friendly than the others (Photoshop, Photoshop Elements, and Paint Shop Pro).
I use Microsoft Picture It as well and it is easier to use then Photoshop Elements, which I also have.

As for what I print, I usually use my printer to print on 12 x 12 cardstock, if I want the journaling directly on the cardstock. I have been using it lately to make my own Patterned Paper. I just scanned some Patriots material to my computer and then printed it on 12 x 12 cardstock. It came out great and I don't have to go looking for certain patterned papers now!

If I want to print on photo paper, I have never printed 12 x 12, only different varieties of that, like 12 x 4 or similiar. That is only if I want the picture to run the entire length of my scrapbook page. I have printed out 13 x 19 pictures of my children, but those were for portraits that I sent to my parents. I hardly ever print that size though because it uses a lot of ink and my printer has three different cartridges to buy for!

I buy my photo paper at Staples. It is 13 x 19 Glossy. I don't like the Matte kind at all, to me it doesn't look like a real photo, but that is my opinion. I also buy the 8 1/2 x 11 to use for regular photos that I scrapbook. I can fit quite a few pictures on one sheet of that.

:)

Hey Jo!

I'm with you and Printmaster :) I bought it back in 1997 and Rob keeps buying me new versions when he sees them. It is a great program, I use it to make birthday cards and stuff. Unfortunately, it only prints 8.5 x 11.

When I need to print something easy like just text on 12 x 12 cardstock, I use Word, you can go to page setup and type in 12 x 12 for paper size then just print it out on your cardstock. With Word, you can also use it like Printmaster sort of and add photos or clipart. It also has a cool feature called wordart.

I have printed photos on cardstock and they don't look so good unless you are looking for that washed out faded look.

I have printed out 8x8 layouts from photoshop onto photo paper and they look great. They are very flat unlike a traditional SB but still look great.

Epson makes it's own 12 x 12 photo paper (link HERE

and it seems relatively inexpensive down there but it's so expensive in Canada, I haven't yet splurged on it.

I have the CK scrapbook designer software program that I never have used but would be good for a beginner digi-scrapper, you are welcome to it if you like, I still have your address here :thumbsup2

It has 12 x12 and 8.5 x 11 layouts. Nice software but I am a photoshop gal :hippie:

Big hugs from me to you! :hug:

SplshMtn99 said:
Stupid question. I have a canon printer that will print 12x12 & larger.

What software program do you all use for say a 12x12 layout where you want to run 12x12 cardstock thru the printer?

I tend to use PrinterMaster for alot of stuff, but it's 8.5 x 11.

Mind telling me more about your 12x12 printer? Where did you get it? How much? things like that? I would love to have one.
I can say that I know that you can use Photoshop elemnts 3.0 and make 12x2 as your canvas size.

Molly K said:
Mind telling me more about your 12x12 printer? Where did you get it? How much? things like that? I would love to have one.
I can say that I know that you can use Photoshop elemnts 3.0 and make 12x2 as your canvas size.

Sorry, haven't been around for a few days. It's a Canon i9100. Got it a couple of years ago. Can't remember the price, but it was UP there. It prints wonderful photos --- best to stay with Canon photo paper. I tested other photo papers (kodak & epson) -- same photo on 2 brands and the results really vary.

One thing I don't like (compared to OLD HP720 I had)....is the cost of the ink it goes thru. It has 6 cartridges at about $12-$13 each...and they always seem to run out at the same time. For some one not printing photos very often, I seem to go thru alot of ink. I print regular internet junk in draft...and I still feel i use more ink the old HP did. Granted, HP cartridges are larges & don't need to be changed as often, but still, I wasn't expecting this factor.

When I have LOTS of pics to print up, I usually use Shutterfly.com.

Kinda wished I kept old printer just for junk internet printing. LOL

Timon said:
Hey Jo!

I have the CK scrapbook designer software program that I never have used but would be good for a beginner digi-scrapper, you are welcome to it if you like, I still have your address here :thumbsup2

Thanks if you don't mind. What's one more program! LOL I really need to uninstall some obscure photo editing programs I've picked up along the way. Gotta make room for more photos too. :teeth:

And I can't tell you how many versions of Printmaster I've passed along to others as I've upgraded. LOL

SplshMtn99 said:
When I have LOTS of pics to print up, I usually use Shutterfly.com.

I go to Yorkphoto.com. I love that place. Usuall it is like $0.10/print and shipping rates are good - I think. Plus 9 times out of 10 I get my stuff with in no longer then 5 days.
Thanks for the printer info. I will check into it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter