14 day ultimate passes on room card

Tower of terror

Earning My Ears
Hi
I am new and looking to buy into dvc. Could you please advise whether the UK 14 day ultimate pass is just added to your room card - so you can get extra magic hours/ free delivery of purchases to your resort etc etc?
Many thanks
Alan

You don't need your pass on your KTTW for free room delivery. We did that in February and we have annual passes.

I think that the ultimate ticket can be added but not all CMs know how to do it so some tell you it cannot.

Also if you have DVC i would seriously consider the discounted annual passes as they usually save me money over UK tickets.

Extra magic hours and delivery of purchases to your room is a perk of staying onsite it doesn't matter which ticket you have.

It is worth looking at a DVC annual pass. This year we got a Premium annual pass for $399, worked out only slightly more expensive than a 14 day ticket but you get other discounts on shopping and dining etc. :)

As I only intend going every other year, I don't think the annual pass is worth it as it works out a bit deared than the ultimate 14 day over here and also doesn't include the water parks unless I get the dearer option still, by the way what's a CM lol??

As I only intend going every other year, I don't think the annual pass is worth it as it works out a bit deared than the ultimate 14 day over here and also doesn't include the water parks unless I get the dearer option still, by the way what's a CM lol??

Its always worth checking nearer to the time of your trip as It doesn't always work out dearer. For example the price of an adult 14 day ultimate ticket for 2014 is £285. A DVC premium annual pass (which includes water parks) is $424 inc tax. Even with the poor exchange rate of 1.5 that's £283 and as I mentioned it does give you other discounts too.

If the discounts are something you will use then only 1 in your party needs to buy one :) we often buy just one as it saves us on dining and shopping at the world of disney :)

CM - cast member :)

Thanks, thats a good idea, do the rest of your party then buy the ultimate ticket from the UK? How do you get the magic hours if you haven't bought park tickets from disney? Mine was added to my kttw card when I stopped at All Star, but some are saying that they can't always do this??

Extra Magic Hours are for guests staying at WDW resorts. They have nothing to do with the type of park ticket you have, nor whether they're linked to your KTTW card. The only advantage to having your park passes added to your KTTW cards is that it's one less card to carry around. If you get a CM (Cast Member: Disney's term for its employees) who knows how to do it, all well and good, otherwise, why worry? With the introduction of MagicBands, both passes and KTTW cards will soon be defunct anyway.

Regardless of whether or not we think we'll visit again within 12 months, we always buy APs for a number of reasons. (1) We tend to visit for more than 14 days (normally around 18). (2) Annual Passholders receive discounts and perks. In the past we've taken advantage of passholder previews of Soarin' and Expedition Everest before they were open to the general public. Admittedly, these perks are now available to DVC members, too (last November we were lucky enough to get a member preview of New Fantasyland). (3) Even if we don't think we're likely to take another trip within 12 months, we'd be kicking ourselves if we were suddenly in a position to do so. (Bear in mind that even if you only plan to visit once a year, there is still the opportunity to use your passes across 2 trips. If you intend to visit for 2 weeks at a time, you only need to move your dates forward by a fortnight in the second year to take advantage.) (4) As an Annual Passholder you're entitled to purchase the Tables in Wonderland card which gives a 20% discount on food and beverages (including alcohol) at virtually all Table Service eateries property wide.

(4) As an Annual Passholder you're entitled to purchase the Tables in Wonderland card which gives a 20% discount on food and beverages (including alcohol) at virtually all Table Service eateries property wide.

Just to be clear, DVC members are eligible to buy the TIW card now without the need for an Annual Pass. However, Deb makes a lot of valid points in justification of buying APs. Even buying a single AP, with the discount you'd get as a DVC Member would open up a lot of those benefits to you.

Thanks for all your help here. it seems that buying one annual pass will get us any discounts - we do only eat a proper (REAL) meal in Disney maybe once whilst we are there, but we do the snacky meals almost daily (burger and fries etc). I don't know whether the annual pass would get us discount on these? We buy a bit of merchandise. With the magic hours thing, we needed our Room card to take advantage, the reason I was questioning it was that anyone could stay in dvc accomodation and not have park tickets - so could show their room card and get in??? I don't get how they know you actually have park tickets as mine were on my room card, making it my kttw?
Alan

Thanks for all your help here. it seems that buying one annual pass will get us any discounts - we do only eat a proper (REAL) meal in Disney maybe once whilst we are there, but we do the snacky meals almost daily (burger and fries etc). I don't know whether the annual pass would get us discount on these? We buy a bit of merchandise. With the magic hours thing, we needed our Room card to take advantage, the reason I was questioning it was that anyone could stay in dvc accomodation and not have park tickets - so could show their room card and get in??? I don't get how they know you actually have park tickets as mine were on my room card, making it my kttw?
Alan

I think the confusion seems to be coming from the fact that you think your KTTW card is what gets you inside the park. It doesn't, if you have a ticket that's separate to your KTTW card then you use the ticket to get into the park, not the KTTW. In this case a CM will also check your KTTW manually at (or usually just before as they sometimes work the line to make sure it moves quickly) the turnstile.

So, if your ticket is on your KTTW card, you use your KTTW in the machine to get through the turnstile. (So you only need 1 thing to enter the park for EMH)

If your ticket isn't on your KTTW, you use your ticket in the machine to get through the turnstile but a Cast Member will also request to see your KTTW. (You need 2 things to enter the park).

Hope that makes sense!

Yes that makes sense lol. I have only ever had the one card when I have been, so was a bit confused how they would know. I'm getting there slowly - I want to get to grips with all the dvc stuff to make sure it is a good option for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!