MAYBE A MAY TRIP?? 3 WEEKS SAPPHIRE FALLS 2021

I'm bummed you have to postpone your September trip but completely understand seeing how bad Florida is getting... We're sorta in the same boat... We're supposed to be there Mid-October but haven't canceled yet...

And yes, please continue this PTR!!! For some of us (meaning me) it's our only contact with the outside world!!! Like Kyle I've been working from home since Mid-March and we're being told it'll be Mid-January before we're back in the office... :surfweb:

Hi Carole!
We made the decision to cancel as well ( in June). We were so looking forward to our trip. Oh well........ perhaps we can’t visit Universal in the new year. I love reading your pre-trip reports so........ keep them coming!!!! I‘m going back to some of your “ oldie but goodie” trip reports and re-reading them. Such a “fun” read.
Stay safe,
Brenda:flower1:

Oh Brenda I`m so sorry. It seems to be all we are reading of, is folks cancelling all over the place. It`s never easy to cancel a much looked forward to trip. It just doesn`t make sense to go there right now.

Yes, you`ll be back before you know it......and maybe we`ll manage to visit at the same time sometime soon!!!!

I love looking back through the older trip reports at times......so many lovely memories and some laughs too!!! Glad you still enjoy them....

Yes, you take care too and don`t be a stranger.......:wave2:

I'm bummed you have to postpone your September trip but completely understand seeing how bad Florida is getting... We're sorta in the same boat... We're supposed to be there Mid-October but haven't canceled yet...

And yes, please continue this PTR!!! For some of us (meaning me) it's our only contact with the outside world!!! Like Kyle I've been working from home since Mid-March and we're being told it'll be Mid-January before we're back in the office... :surfweb:

:wave2:

It`s a strange one, obviously we were looking forward to it, but we just couldn`t see past the numbers and the risks. And we did have a sense of relief once we had made the decision.....never expected to feel that!!

Don`t cancel untill you really have to. Who knows what it`ll be like then. If it`s worse then at least it`ll be an easy decision, but it could be a whole lot better. Fingers crossed....I`ve heard enough of folks having to cancel trips.

Oh my goodness, mid January!!! That is one heck of a long time to be away from working with others!! It`ll be strange being back when you do go......I know Kyle although enjoying his time working from home, will be ready to go back among friends and colleagues. He has such a good team around him and does miss that of course. His journey to the office is only around 45 minutes to an hour in each direction, but he doesn`t miss that!!

Oh yes, I`ll keep rambling......always enjoy chatting along the way, so I`m glad you`ll still be here too.......:flower3:

Very short and insignificant update......one of those "we knew it moments" :rotfl:

Last week as you know we took the decision to cancel, or rather defer the flights till next year. We knew the chances of flying were small anyway, but we were pleased we had finally made the decision after considering everything involved in flying to Florida.

And today, as expected, Virgin Atlantic began informing everyone who has flights booked late August, September and into October this year that their flights were indeed cancelled. So, we just got in a little early as we wouldn`t have been travelling anyway due to the flight ban still being in place for us. Flying into the USA is not an option for us right now.

One of my friends asked how we knew.......lol.....well, it wasn`t rocket science, rather more being realistic. Until the flight ban is lifted, whenever that will be, we won`t be flying anywhere near the USA.

But, we are still feeling incredibly positive.......nothing gets us down!!! Having a pre trip report running does keep the extra excitement of an upcoming trip alive......:wave2:

We are going forward with our trip at the end of the month. We are driving, not flying, and staying in a rental house. I think that will minimize a good bit of exposure risk. I'll be sure to let everyone know what it's like there! 😁

Andrea, that is fabulous!!!

Being in a rental home and driving certainly gives you much more choices and options with this!!! Yes, you can isolate when you feel like it.......

I`m glad to hear you haven`t cancelled and feel comfortable enough to go......and I think if you do feel comfortable, no need to cancel.

Oh you have to update us with what it`s like......I know more than a few of us will look forward to hearing how much fun you`ll have!!! And first hand opinions on everything. By all accounts the parks are doing a grand job at coping with all of this.....

And it`s so good to hear of someone who hasn`t cancelled today, that is some happy news!!!! :wave2:

Andrea, that is fabulous!!!

Being in a rental home and driving certainly gives you much more choices and options with this!!! Yes, you can isolate when you feel like it.......

I`m glad to hear you haven`t cancelled and feel comfortable enough to go......and I think if you do feel comfortable, no need to cancel.

Oh you have to update us with what it`s like......I know more than a few of us will look forward to hearing how much fun you`ll have!!! And first hand opinions on everything. By all accounts the parks are doing a grand job at coping with all of this.....

And it`s so good to hear of someone who hasn`t cancelled today, that is some happy news!!!! :wave2:

Thanks, Carole! Of course, I'm a little bit nervous about travel, but our area is a Covid hotspot right now anyway, so it's probably not that much different. We are going to mask up and wash up and socially distance our butts off!😂 I'm happy to report about it when we get back and answer any questions. We will only be going to SeaWorld, Aquatica, and Busch Gardens, so I won't be able to address anything at Universal.

Thanks, Carole! Of course, I'm a little bit nervous about travel, but our area is a Covid hotspot right now anyway, so it's probably not that much different. We are going to mask up and wash up and socially distance our butts off!😂 I'm happy to report about it when we get back and answer any questions. We will only be going to SeaWorld, Aquatica, and Busch Gardens, so I won't be able to address anything at Universal.

You`ll be fine......yes, I`m sure you`l be scrubbing up like a surgeon.....lol.....

I think hearing how other places are down there will be interesting too......I`m curious about Busch Gardens, I know a few folks who will be going there soon :thumbsup2

@schumigirl haven't been on for a while, still loving your pre trip report of an unknown date. We finally decided to cancel Disney for multiple reasons. Briefly entertained UO, but didn’t want the family to not love UO due to masks and distancing. So we made the decision to enjoy a beach vacation! At a beach I wouldn’t have ever known of if not for you! We have a condo booked at New Smyrna! I’m a little excited. Hopefully we can tour Kennedy Space Center. If I can figure out how to post a picture I’ll post our view. They have a rocket launch scheduled the week we are there, can’t wait.

Thank you for keeping this thread going. I agree the folks that post are so kind and encouraging.

Last edited:
Well we never get tired of food, drinks or the smiling faces of Kyle, Carole and Tom so bring it on Carole..
It could be like the movie "The Neverending Story (trip report)" :rolleyes1

lol......I`m going to have the longest title in history with all these great names.......

Now I have the Neverending story song in my head.......love it!!!

And thank you.......:flower3: you`re too kind........:wave2:

@schumigirl haven't been on for a while, still loving your pre trip report of an unknown date. We finally decided to cancel Disney for multiple reasons. Briefly entertained UO, but didn’t want the family to not love UO due to masks and distancing. So we made the decision to enjoy a beach vacation! At a beach I wouldn’t have ever known of if not for you! We have a condo booked at New Smyrna! I’m a little excited. Hopefully we can tour Kennedy Space Center. If I can figure out how to post a picture I’ll post our view. They have a rocket launch scheduled the week we are there, can’t wait.

Thank you for keeping this thread going. I agree the folks that post are so kind and encouraging.

So good to see you Minnie!!!!

lol....an unknown date is also a good name to fit into a title.....

I can understand you cancelling Disney. And I agree about UO maybe not being the best time to experience it. But.......sounds like a fabulous trip you have planned now!!!!

LOVE New Smyrna Beach.......and being close to see KSC will be wonderful and to time it for a launch will be amazing for sure. KSC has been one of our most favourite places to visit outside the parks, truly phenomenal place to spend a couple of days.

It`s funy, a lot of the PM`s I get asking about things after I write about them in the trip reports are commonly about from places outside the parks.....and NSB got a lot of questions when we had gone there.......KSC too.

I`m so happy to hear you are going there :cheer2:.....it is so beautiful. Many say the Gulf is nicer, and it might be, I like both coasts to be honest, but NSB just wowed us a lot.

Please....please....please....please.....this could go on a while......lol......come back and tell us all about it......I do hope you have the most amazing time!!!! I am so excited for you.......when do you go??

Yep, will definitely keep this one going.......and glad you`re here too.......:wave2:

so we contacted Virgin and changed our September flights to an open ticket. Virgin have made this process really easy, and as soon as our dates are released for next September we`ll get that trip booked up!!!
that’s the spirt :)
And strangely, once that was done, we both felt a tremendous relief.......the decision was made and it was our decision. Sure, the flight ban might still be extended and that was always a risk, but seeing how things are in Florida made the final decision for us.
Yep, that’s the best way to tap out on a vacation.
also need to change the title......again........ :rotfl:I may give it a temporary one meantime........that`ll work!!!!
You’ve come up with some classics lol
Don`t cancel untill you really have to. Who knows what it`ll be like then. If it`s worse then at least it`ll be an easy decision, but it could be a whole lot better. Fingers crossed....I`ve heard enough of folks having to cancel trips.
hate that it’s happened so much it’s become the new normal. That said, there is a whole world of difference/logistics coming from another country.
It`s funy, a lot of the PM`s I get asking about things after I write about them in the trip reports are commonly about from places outside the parks.....and NSB got a lot of questions when we had gone there.......KSC too
The boards do focus on the parks, always nice to read when people explore outside the bubble(s).

that’s the spirt :)

Yep, that’s the best way to tap out on a vacation.

You’ve come up with some classics lol

hate that it’s happened so much it’s become the new normal. That said, there is a whole world of difference/logistics coming from another country.

The boards do focus on the parks, always nice to read when people explore outside the bubble(s).

Will definitely put some thought into a new name.......lol.....

Yes, the new normal isn`t looking so good recently, and the added problem of international travel certainly adds extra issues.

We do an awful lot offsite for sure.......we are so lucky to have visited so many beautiful places, and it`s lovely to hear of folks reading some of those places we go and then go visit them too. Always love to hear they`ve enjoyed them.

Yep, not much gets us down, and certainly not down for long, we have always been a glass half full family and usually see that silver lining in everything........:thumbsup2

We arrive Sunday! Definitely planning JBs fish amp and KSC. Trying to not make too many plans and just wake up and see what we feel like doing. However, still checking out restaurant reviews and leaving room for a trip to Disney Springs or Citywalk if the family wants to take a lil road trip.
So good to see you Minnie!!!!

lol....an unknown date is also a good name to fit into a title.....

I can understand you cancelling Disney. And I agree about UO maybe not being the best time to experience it. But.......sounds like a fabulous trip you have planned now!!!!

LOVE New Smyrna Beach.......and being close to see KSC will be wonderful and to time it for a launch will be amazing for sure. KSC has been one of our most favourite places to visit outside the parks, truly phenomenal place to spend a couple of days.

It`s funy, a lot of the PM`s I get asking about things after I write about them in the trip reports are commonly about from places outside the parks.....and NSB got a lot of questions when we had gone there.......KSC too.

I`m so happy to hear you are going there :cheer2:.....it is so beautiful. Many say the Gulf is nicer, and it might be, I like both coasts to be honest, but NSB just wowed us a lot.

Please....please....please....please.....this could go on a while......lol......come back and tell us all about it......I do hope you have the most amazing time!!!! I am so excited for you.......when do you go??

Yep, will definitely keep this one going.......and glad you`re here too.......:wave2:

We arrive Sunday! Definitely planning JBs fish amp and KSC. Trying to not make too many plans and just wake up and see what we feel like doing. However, still checking out restaurant reviews and leaving room for a trip to Disney Springs or Citywalk if the family wants to take a lil road trip.

Oh I`ll bet you can`t wait to get there!!!

JB Fish Camp is another place we are so looking forward to going back to.....it was amazing!!! And of course KSC is just one of the most spectacular places we have ever visited......if we make this Christmas trip we do plan to go for two days, hopefully!!!!

Yes, it doesn`t take that long to get to Orlando from there, road trip sounds good!!!

Boston`s Fish House in NSB has been recommended to us by a few folks who go there.....have a look at that place too.....we`ve gone to Chases on the Beach twice and really enjoyed that too.......but my goodness you`ll be spoilt for choice :thumbsup2

I thought of you and Tom immediately when I heard the news today about Horror Nights being canceled. I suppose it makes your September cancellation a little easier to be at peace about.☺

I thought of you and Tom immediately when I heard the news today about Horror Nights being canceled. I suppose it makes your September cancellation a little easier to be at peace about.☺

I feel so bad for everyone involved. The SA every year who put so much into it. We only know a couple of them....and have yet to work out who they actually are......they won`t tell us.....lol....I got one around two years ago though in the central Park scare zone......he was annoyed I`d recognised him!!!!

We had been told, or strongly hinted at last week it wasn`t going ahead, but of course not official and wouldn`t repeat it anyway, so we knew it was coming, but yes, you`re correct it would have been tough missing it if it had gone ahead.

So many of us love it and have been going for years.....it`s a massive event as you know........will be very odd being there and it not going on.

Hope you`re good Andrea.....I need to do an update on this thread over the weekend.......I do want to keep it going.......:wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter