MAYBE A MAY TRIP?? 3 WEEKS SAPPHIRE FALLS 2021

It was quick, but it was the girl with her head through the TV. I love when Freddy says Welcome to Primetime :rotfl:

Yeah, I've heard that it has a cult following which is why I felt bad that I'd never seen it :rotfl: But it doesn't sound that interesting to me.

My boss still watches it somehow! I think they time jumped, and are going for another season or 2 before it ends, and then they're doing a spin off :faint: I feel like I hung on longer than most just because I hate not finishing shows, but I couldn't do it anymore. I did like the first 3-4 seasons, and briefly when Negan was on but after that I stopped caring.

I think we are related somehow!!!

That`s exactly when we stopped too. We gave Negan a try, but soon got bored by it all......and every time I see Negan I see Robert from Everybody Loves Raymond and couldn`t take him seriously anyway.......won`t be watching any spin offs here.

Did you watch the tv series of the house on haunted hill? We`ve just seen the first episode so far on Netflix and not sure if it`s worth watching or not....I think it`s just gotten a second series so I`m tempted to give it a try.......

I still don`t remember that scene from that house! Maybe I blinked........ ::yes::

I think we are related somehow!!!

I know we have so much in common!

That`s exactly when we stopped too. We gave Negan a try, but soon got bored by it all......and every time I see Negan I see Robert from Everybody Loves Raymond and couldn`t take him seriously anyway.......won`t be watching any spin offs here.

He was the dad in Supernatural so that's always what I think of when I see him :rotfl:

Did you watch the tv series of the house on haunted hill? We`ve just seen the first episode so far on Netflix and not sure if it`s worth watching or not....I think it`s just gotten a second series so I`m tempted to give it a try.......

Yes! I actually really liked it, but a lot of people seemed to think it was too slow. It's definitely not fast paced or like a scary movie, but I feel like the build up was worth it. I also thought all the ghosts were really creepy, but a lot of the time the ghosts take a backseat to the story of their family so that might be why people didn't love it. At times it's very sad. Apparently if you look closely the ghosts are lurking in the background of almost every shot which is something I didn't really notice when watching, but I thought was interesting.

I still don`t remember that scene from that house! Maybe I blinked........ ::yes::

I do remember being shuttled through very fast. I think I only remembered it because I love that movie. It was our first house we ever did so it was a lot to take in. I'm more familiar with Nightmare on Elm St over Friday the 13th movies so I caught those references a little more.

I know we have so much in common!

He was the dad in Supernatural so that's always what I think of when I see him :rotfl:

Yes! I actually really liked it, but a lot of people seemed to think it was too slow. It's definitely not fast paced or like a scary movie, but I feel like the build up was worth it. I also thought all the ghosts were really creepy, but a lot of the time the ghosts take a backseat to the story of their family so that might be why people didn't love it. At times it's very sad. Apparently if you look closely the ghosts are lurking in the background of almost every shot which is something I didn't really notice when watching, but I thought was interesting.

I do remember being shuttled through very fast. I think I only remembered it because I love that movie. It was our first house we ever did so it was a lot to take in. I'm more familiar with Nightmare on Elm St over Friday the 13th movies so I caught those references a little more.

:thumbsup2

I remember our first house too.....yes, it was almost a blur as it was rushed, but trying to take everything in just wasn`t going to work.......gosh I haven`t watched a Nightmare on Elm St for years!!! Might add one in to the rotation of the Halloween scare fest nights this year........::yes::

I`ve never watched Supernatural......always heard good things about it though.......but, we will give haunting of hill house a go......yes, the one episode we saw the family did seem a little complicated. But will watch out for ghosts, I love trivia about shows and can`t say I noticed ghosts, but will watch out. Yes, the one ghost in particular in the first episode spooked me a little......almost dropped my wine.......:rotfl:

i-7qqcKT8-X2.jpg

WELCOME TO HHN 2016

ICON............CHANCE

i-vpwG9Lc-X2.jpg

2016 was a very, very good year for HHN, again we loved this year and most of the houses were wonderful......there`s always one or two that either disappoint or don`t live up to the hype.....and we were very excited Michael Myers was back again this year........this year is was based on the second movie which had the tagline......more of the night He came home.........

i-3qz9Lvk-X2.jpg

The Tribute Store in the building just before The Mummy was very good.....we had heard a lot about this before it opened, but had no idea what it was really going to be like......it was quite cool, and I think they have improved it a lot since that first year with the additions of larger and more detailed displays as you walk through......

It also had some very good scare zones ........and this year we met one of the Hottest SA we have ever seen........the ladies in the Club Lounge went on a mission to find this guy when they went to the event........lol......will post his picture later!

This year again we bought the Rush of Fear with EP as usual and I think it was around $300 each, before tax, so again an absolute steal for us who would go many nights this year......we always felt we got the best value out of our tickets each year. We always bought the tickets well ahead of time, usually just as they went on sale.

There were some amazing houses this year as well as scare zones, and one of the scare zones I didn`t think we`d be keen on was Vamp55.....we ended up loving that zone!

Some of the pictures are from different nights....

The setting for Vamp55 is Hollywood High School’s 1955 Homecoming Parade. It was supposed to be the perfect night for a wonderful celebration.......until.......vampires.

Usually I`m not a fan of vampires in anything, like zombies they kind of bore me, but this zone was a lot of fun and the SA were brilliant as always and there were a lot of scares to be had in this area....

i-BjrbcH6-X2.jpg

i-tvQgnMs-X2.jpg

i-Jjpvnfb-X2.jpg

This picture below, Tom took about a dozen and it`s like a slow motion attack as I giggle helplessly through the hissing and the threat of everlasting life as a vampire......I heard later some of those guys were brand new this year, but wow....they were so professional.....and fun!

i-Vf2sD8Z-X2.jpg

i-Qq8Vc7h-X2.jpg

i-HFJMmBf-X2.jpg

Even when there was no one around directly, the SA stayed in charcter and were a joy to watch then in action every evening we were there.

i-29GJh4T-X2.jpg

i-QqhNqpv-X2.jpg

I kept waiting for this girl to move.....but turned out she was a dummy after all.......I was a little disappointed.......:rotfl:

i-rL27VxC-X2.jpg

i-bLpLnnW-X2.jpg

This Ice Cream vendor was fabulous........the ice lolly he was offering has eyeballs and goodness knows what else.....he did try to make it sound enticing......er, no thanks.......

i-dBRqspN-X2.jpg

Academy of Villains - House of Fear was an excellent show......it really was one you couldn`t miss and the contortions you saw were quite mind numbing........the show they put on was fantastic and the highest energy show I think I`ve ever seen!!

You really couldn`t take your eyes off everything that was up on that stage....and even though one night our legs, back and feet ached as we had been on them all day.....we still stood and watched the show twice in one evening.

i-RZLwBR9-X2.jpg

Just before Mel`s Die-In, they also opened a store that sells all sorts of memorabilia from HHN from previous years, and also general Universal memorabilia........

i-kRZdrFb-X2.jpg

i-6ztmmx7-X2.jpg

I did want to buy the Jack HHN Bar sign from the picture below.....but, I was reminded it wasn`t really practical for getting on a plane........I agreed, but did grumble I was sure we would have managed it....and to be honest......I have no clue where we would put it. It wouldn`t fit in anywhere in our home.....although now Tom has a huge man shed......it could have gone there.......but, we didn`t get it.....:sad1:

i-KT4vvDB-X2.jpg

They have a huge amount of vintage clothes and hats.....and I adore hats, so I keep saying one day I will purchase a vintage hat from there. Hats you can get away with anytime really, and some are very beautiful.I`m not the biggest fan of vintage to be honest......but hats........I love hats!

i-LMTrhk8-X2.jpg

If you haven`t ever wandered in, give it a bash.....you may not necessarily buy anything, but the history side of the parks is all there in various forms.

i-nqhdRxR-X2.jpg

Coming up.....more scare zones and the Tribute Store.......

Great pictures as always Carole!

I feel like I could possibly handle HHN while it's still daytime or nearing dusk.
I'd probably still need to cover my face with my hands and spread my fingers apart to see a little bit, lol!

Great pictures as always Carole!

I feel like I could possibly handle HHN while it's still daytime or nearing dusk.
I'd probably still need to cover my face with my hands and spread my fingers apart to see a little bit, lol!

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

woooohooooooo

I knew we`d win you round eventually.......:rotfl:

Funnily enough, when I was looking at which pictures to choose for that post, I was thinking which ones are the least scary to tempt Lori.......there weren`t any......lol.....nah, there`s a few.......

We`ll get you there yet, and if the SA see you`re really scared......they`ll leave you alone.......:rolleyes1

Will keep this one going for then.......and our Keisha suggested I do the best of Christmas too, almost like a virtual TR and also a look back at things that have disappeared over the years from Universal......I liked her idea of doing that......and will pass the time easily till it`s time to fly off again......
Yes, please. Glad you accepted the challenge! Always a pleasure to read your threads, thought you’d do both subjects justice topped with that Carole flair!
The building that housed Twister, which is now the dreadful Jimmy Fallon
Scary in it
One of my least favourite things about HHN is the chainsaw guys........to be honest I`m so bored with them.......once is fun, twice is ok.....after that....tedious.

Teen girls love them though.........::yes::
somewhere...out there...a chainsaw wolf is howling at the moon
Usually I`m not a fan of vampires in anything,
I’m a sucker for a vampire
:duck: Christopher Lee got me hooked on that genre. Twilight movies almost cured that lol

have to comment on the great scare zone pics you manage to take. Even tho the scare actors have quit running when the see a Kodak moment approaching, it’s still not an easy picture to compose

Yes, please. Glad you accepted the challenge! Always a pleasure to read your threads, thought you’d do both subjects justice topped with that Carole flair!

Scary in it

somewhere...out there...a chainsaw wolf is howling at the moon

I’m a sucker for a vampire
:duck: Christopher Lee got me hooked on that genre. Twilight movies almost cured that lol

have to comment on the great scare zone pics you manage to take. Even tho the scare actors have quit running when the see a Kodak moment approaching, it’s still not an easy picture to compose

Yep, ask and ye shall receive........and thank you for the lovely compliments.....I take them all......:hug:

lol......actually, I should add......it`s modern day vampire things I detest.....yes, Twilight and such.......give me a good old fashioned Christopher Lee and even Bela Lugosi and I`m happy......hard to imagine Lugosi only made one Dracula movie, with the exception of the classic Abbott & Costello meets Frankenstein.....I tend to think of him as the master of Dracula. But, yes the old classics are inimitable.

It has got so much better to get some good images of the SA. I have some fabulous ones in the next scare zone where one of the SA had me pose with her and she intimated where I should put my hand so we were making the same moves.....she was brilliant......as well as scaring the bejeesus out of me most nights.......love it!!!!

The area that is Central Park, always has some of the best scare zones.....visually they are always impressive and the years they had the eerie and beautifully designed pumpkins adorning and illuminating the trees in that area was spectacular......it`s a shame they don`t do that every year as it is so pretty. Scarily pretty though.......

This guy was a chainsaw guy who we usually avoid like the plague.......but as he was a pumpkin head.....well, we got a picture......

i-Cf4T3pJ-X2.jpg

Lair of the Banshee was probably one of our all time favourite scare zones.......again, the SA were phenomenal and how they managed to give so many good scares I`ll never know......I thought I was quite aware by now.......obviously not........

This SA we came to recognise night after night, and one night she pointed her outstretched hand and beckoned us over to where she was .......I thought she was trying to take my hand but she was making us pose together....quite difficult when I was kind of slowly backing away from her as she was quite scary up close.......and strangely menacing despite her obvious intention to get a good phot op for us......and she never broke character once........

i-NQdRT9s-X2.jpg

Usually SA never touch you.....golden rule.....but if you lean in quite close they kind of know when they can gently place a withered and clammy hand lightly on your shoulder.....and it is creepy as heck....but fun.......

We truly loved this zone and spent a lot of time in it over many nights........and this year the competition was high among zones. The costumes were just fabulous.....SA are the coolest people around!!!

i-L3TD3jQ-X2.jpg

i-B5BHSTR-X2.jpg

This was our friendly banshee who was posing on another night with us.......

i-Hv4q5B6-X2.jpg

We know a few SA personally, and this year I knew which areas some of them working.....but did not make out one of them.....they all saw us they told us later......which was incredibly annoying as I spent time studying all our pictures.....we did find out who two were later.

i-hz4g2Tw-X2.jpg

This SA was immense!!! There are a roll of around 10 pictures leading up to the end one......she slowly and very mennacingly stalked around me for what seemed like forever........and there quite a crowd of folks watching and curious to see what she was going to do.....everyone knew she was going to do something.........

i-9DnM8vP-X2.jpg

And I was mentally preparing myself for her to suddenly jump or loudly hiss at me.......and she didn`t........

i-67TZsn2-X2.jpg

She waited and turned very slowly away from me and then as I turned to go, she pounced like a demon and maniacally began to chase me as my very core instinctively turned to run.......

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

This is one of Tom`s best catches of all of HHN.......but the movement makes the image a bit shady.....and not a flattering one, but I love it!!

i-HSZRrM6-X2.jpg

Folks always ask me does Tom ever get any scares......the answer is very rarely......he`s not a naturally jumpy person anyway.......but.........

I managed to capture this one occasion........not sure why some pictures have a weird date on them?????

But the tall ghoul managed to make Tom utter a very rarely heard from him, curse word.......lol........

i-6WsqCRq-X2.jpg

i-XQxb4Kn-X2.jpg

They also hide in the ever present fog........

i-QjbC6s3-X2.jpg

i-Th8gGFp-X2.jpg

The Tribute Store we always enjoyed a wander round......it was quite basic this year but still fun to see some of the displays in there.......

i-bcT6wdR-X2.jpg

I was genuinely terrified to be this close to Michael Myers......yes, it was a dummy.....but, again I was convinced one night it was going to move and scare the life out of someone........that would be funny.....unless it was me of course!!!

I mentioned to one of the Studios managers we know that they should get one of the SA to stand one time and move slowly........he thought it was a brilliant idea, but reminded me they also had ot think that yes, it might just knock the life out of someone........so that was a no!

i-Wk5hdrM-X2.jpg

The Exorcist house was very good this year......very realistic at times, and much better than the movie which sucks so bad!!!

I avoided watching it for years......and I mean years as I had been told it was so terrifying, so I thought better of it. Then one Halloween I said, oh let`s watch the unedited version......

Complete and utter disappintment and so gutted it wasn`t even the least bit scary......the music was the scariest part of it at times........It finished and I uttered those immortal words usually held for places we go that disappoint us (Epcot thinking of you) but ........."Is that it" were said with such venom Tom said I was scarier than the anything in the movie!! Will never watch that nonsense again.......

i-vDBsVtq-X2.jpg

I love this tee shirt!!!!

i-S8VcD75-X2.jpg

It is considered a rule among the HHN diehards.....that you NEVER wear a tee shirt from the latest year......if it`s 2016......you only wear older ones.......and people will laugh at you if you do wear a 2016 HHN tee shirt in 2016 :laughing:.......so funny........

We are merchandise sales folks dream guests......we buy it all!!

Tee shirts are excellent quality......we still have some early ones that don`t even look remotely worn and even faded...they look so good.

i-3vXStSL-X2.jpg

i-TnCqpnt-X2.jpg

i-CksXNSk-X2.jpg

i-fQCCNxQ-X2.jpg

i-BmNjHvX-X2.jpg

Masks are the exception.....we never buy them.

But, we do buy, every year.....tee shirts, mugs, shot glasses and usually the lanyards......and anything else that takes our eye.........the shot glasses are very popular in our home with friends who love horror movies.

More scare zones coming up..........

Survive or Die was our 3rd favourite scare zone this year.......it really was hard to describe how much we loved the scare zones this year.........they definitely haven`t been as detailed or as cleverly done last two years......for the most part. There still are some good parts, but for us, not as good.

The premise of Survive or Die was there had been a complete global catastrophe that had destroyed the earth`s atmosphere.

There were several gangs who roamed and wanted control of the machine that provided fresh and clean air for everyone who had survived....and searched for new members to help them destroy each of the other gangs.........these guys were in the area around The mummy down to Louie`s Pizza area.....

This theme, if it had been a movie, I`d avoid like the aforementioned plague.....not a genre I enjoy but this zone was so much fun.........

i-DnkqZ6G-X2.jpg

I hate when folks make the "peace" sign in photos.......it makes me cringe.......but this guy was ok and did something different as he wasn`t interested in Peace at all........they were after as many souls as they could get to join them......

i-HhSZFkD-X2.jpg

The leaders of the various gangs drove around in a buggy that was quite interesting to see up close.......and they marauded around and tried to entice us into joining.......

i-Ptnk7c7-X2.jpg

One of the leaders stood up on a podium and shouted at everyone the reasons we should be joining them....and they were very good........

One night I was standing and the man pointed to me directly which was quite alarming in itself.....but I got a jolt and moved back slightly and bashed my elbow into a female SA`s ribs.......I jumped back and immediately asked her in pure horror if she was ok.......I honestly felt so bad I had done that to her.......she winked at me, smiled and shouted up to the guy on the podium that I was far too nice to join their gang lol.........I think that was her way of letting me know she was fine......

But, the last thing you want to do is touch them in any way that could hurt or offend them......she knew it was a complete accident and could see how horrified I was....so it was all good.

i-NPTLL5G-X2.jpg

I did get my reward though..........::yes::

We wandered very slightly away and Tom had taken a picture of this guy.....and I was like.....wow......

This guy was gorgeous!!!!

i-Pw4tH82-X2.jpg

I went to walk away when I felt this very gentle tap on the shoulder.......it was the "Hot Guy" as the girls in the Club Lounge named him when they saw the pictures.........he beckoned me to come and get some pictures........well.....who was I to say no.........

There was something very Khal Drogo about him, for those of you who have seen Game of Thrones.......❤

We did take loads of pictures........and he was chatty....in character of course but so funny and very rude.......we laughed so much with this guy........

i-DLmj6SL-X2.jpg

The ladies in the lounge vowed to seek him out on their next HHN visit..::yes::

Chance, who was the Icon of this year, had her own scare zone in the Shrek/Minions area.......she was brilliant.

She is Jack the Clown`s girlfriend and is in a mental institution.......but she still manages to create Chaos, murder and mayhem wherever she is........

i-LWrpHzm-X2.jpg

i-fhrxBnj-X2.jpg

i-vpwG9Lc-X2.jpg

Basically Chance sat on her chair and hurled insults at folks......in a very psychotic way at times......she was very funny and hurled lots of abuse at folks who had strollers and babies with them.......and was quite scathing about it too.......she always got massive cheers when she did that.......lol......

She was raunchy, rude and very funny....and no one was spared if they took her eye.....and she was very provocative in her movements which some apparently objected to....really!!! Don`t look then......she did wave her bottom around to anyone who looked even remotely offended by her....which again got many cheers.......we like Chance a lot! Prudes need to stay away........

She asked me if Tom was wanting to be the love of her life as he was wearing "her" Jack on his tee shirt......I said Tom liked her a lot.......she laughed for what seemed an eternity and then suddenly stopped and said calmly.....well I`ll have to kill you then........:rotfl:

I didn`t hang around.........

One of the best scare zones for pure theme was Dead Man`s Wharf.........this was exceptional.....very small though, but what they did in this small area was exceptional.

The story of this zone was celebrating the anniversary of the disappearance of the fishing boat Annabel Lee........and a magnificent fog has rolled in as the crew plan to punish the folks who let them perish at sea. And they want to make sure the Dock earns and keeps the nickname.......

One of our favourite John Carpenter films is The Fog and this is very reminiscent of that movie which is a classic.....(don`t watch the remake) it has everything you could want in a scary movie.....and the second movie Jamie Lee Curtis made after Halloween where she really made her name as the Queen of Scream.....she is fabulous....I aodre her in anything.

But, if you knew The Fog, you would love this scare zone.........

These are some of the dispays that are left uncovered during the day......

i-5NjFr97-X2.jpg

i-F5w7m47-X2.jpg

i-5Kj6x8J-X2.jpg

i-F5QW5Qp-X2.jpg

i-NdcW6sb-X2.jpg

We loved this zone........during the day it looks very pretty and calm.......by night it was the complete antithesis of that......

It was creepy and the atmosphere was conducive to the occasion for sure.....for a small zone they certainly made the most of it.

i-cwJPVps-X2.jpg

i-PRnp2Hc-X2.jpg

The costumes were tremendous and up close I thought I could smell the sea off the SA......no one else apparently noticed it.....but I was sure I could smell the ocean.......

i-mBGC4j5-X2.jpg

i-KGtn7Lf-X2.jpg

i-BwhD87p-X2.jpg

There were pictures where I am surrounded by about 4 SA`s and it was darned scary......Tom of course thought it was hilarious........and snapped away.........lol.....I can`t find them now.

i-hNgw2RK-X2.jpg

i-FRHRRKP-X2.jpg

i-984WvbS-X2.jpg

i-6qPKdWq-X2.jpg

This zone was far too short......but impressive. There were plenty of SA around and they certainly played to the crowd......this zone was so much fun. I say that a lot.....but the whole event is just fun through and through........we honestly laugh the whole night long!

Up next.......house thoughts and a meet........:cheer2:

View attachment 529655

You did it Carole!! You found the one SA I'd willingly take a pose for a photo with:lovestruc

Yay!!!!

lol........he was so cool!!!! Well......HOT!!! One of the supervisors from the Club Lounge back then did find him........she said she wandered around that zone asking where the hot guy with gorgeous teeth was........lol......

Tom thought it was hilarious........although one of the other girls got a picture of a guy that looked like Uncle Fester from The Addams Family.......lol......he wasn`t so hot!!!

The houses from this year we did enjoy a lot........

The weakest for us were Ghost Town......it was OK, but would never line up for that for any lenght of time......few scares and not a great storyline.

Walking Dead was also poor. NO scares at all in that house........good details again, but dull.

Krampus was an odd one for us....didn`t really like the movie, but thought the house would be fabulous....it was just ok for us. It had a lovely aroma as you walked round, but you really had to look for Krampus if I remember correctly......we didn`t do this house often.

The worst for us this year was easily the Chance house.......they could have done so much with this house....but it was dreadful........and 3D is something I`m not fond of anyway.......but dear lord we were so bored in this house........it made you very disorientated and no scares at all. And this was the longest we waited for a house with EP that night.......a whole 10 minutes.......lol.......not worth it. And we were so looking forward to that house as we thought it would be amazing........the best part was watching all the folks who thought they should be wearing their 3D glasses outside........ :rotfl:

Tomb of the Ancients we liked but didn`t love.....they had a moving floor originally, but I guess someone complained and it was removed.......we liked it!! House was ok......glad we had EP for sure on this house.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre is a movie we love......but we were unlucky with this house as we got no scares at all......we did try it again and were again very disappointed in it.......so we didn`t do this house more than twice. Shame as some loved it.........

Halloween......easily the best one for us by far. But, I will say the first year they did the Halloween house was better.......this was still good and I got a lot of scares.....they know their targets for sure!!

The Exorcist was a fabulous house......much better than the movie for sure. There was one room that had the "aroma" added......it wasn`t that bad most nights, and one night we didn`t notice it at all. But some good scares and we seemed to time it well most nights.

AHS although we hated the show from that year, the house was exceptional......they did the Hotel theme the best for us.....several nights the regular line was over 100 minutes, so we were extra happy to have the EP.

i-LHZbp6M-X2.jpg

i-DFQG6PL-X2.jpg

i-PMrPbsh-X2.jpg

i-3ZVwPjg-X2.jpg

The entrance to the Tribute Store was quite elaborate that first year..........

i-r6Rvn3T-XL.jpg

And this trip we had again timed it so we could meet up with macraven again.......and we also had the added pleasure of finally meeting up with the wonderful Mr & Mrs Keishashadow.........

We as I said before, had built up a friendship and looked forward to meeting up at some point, and this trip we were happy to arrange a meet......we were leaving the next day so it was our final HHN that we met up.

We had arranged to meet Keisha at the Boulangerie a few hours before the event started.......and I believe mac was arriving shortly after.......so we sat and chatted the time away and when mac joined us it was like an old friends reunion.........mac and Janet had been friends for many a year, so I was the new girl in the group......and what a group we made. We all got on like a house on fire........

The Three Amigos......or something else with three in the title........:laughing:

i-2kht6St-X2.jpg

I love this picture of all of us.........

i-2L7v9kg-X2.jpg

We did a few houses but as we were leaving the next day, we left soon after and said our goodbyes for another year. I wish we had stayed longer but we had a reservation at Tchoup Chop and had to pack.

But, it had been so lovely to meet together and all to get along so well. We all had a wonderful time and could have chatted away all evening. I`m glad to say we have managed to meet up several times since that first visit and look forward to many more meets......

HHN 2016 was one of our favourite years too........it had some amazing houses, brilliant scare zones, a decent show in Academy of Villains, Bill and Ted was just ok......we liked the singing and dancing.....but whoever wrote the jokes needed flogging! It wasn`t anywhere as funny as it once was.....we only watched it once this year.

And again, we were so happy to have the EP attached to our ticket. Some of the lines were horrendous.....again some of the so called quieter nights were so busy, and in the heat it felt worse.

Hope you liked the 2016 recap.........:wave2:

A great meeting indeed! :flower1:Lol I’ll go with three amigos thank you very much. Nice the men hit it off too over a cold one.

that was a bang/up year for scare zones but I’m drawing a blank at the banshees??? Need to dig back in my photos to see if any jog my memory

The area that is Central Park, always has some of the best scare zones.....visually they are always impressive and the years they had the eerie and beautifully designed pumpkins adorning and illuminating the trees in that area was spectacular......it`s a shame they don`t do that every year as it is so pretty. Scarily pretty though.......

This guy was a chainsaw guy who we usually avoid like the plague.......but as he was a pumpkin head.....well, we got a picture......

You have one picture where Tom was taken back by a scare actor
First pic I have ever seen Tom caught off guard and startled by a SA!

i-Cf4T3pJ-X2.jpg

Lair of the Banshee was probably one of our all time favourite scare zones.......again, the SA were phenomenal and how they managed to give so many good scares I`ll never know......I thought I was quite aware by now.......obviously not........

This SA we came to recognise night after night, and one night she pointed her outstretched hand and beckoned us over to where she was .......I thought she was trying to take my hand but she was making us pose together....quite difficult when I was kind of slowly backing away from her as she was quite scary up close.......and strangely menacing despite her obvious intention to get a good phot op for us......and she never broke character once........

i-NQdRT9s-X2.jpg

Usually SA never touch you.....golden rule.....but if you lean in quite close they kind of know when they can gently place a withered and clammy hand lightly on your shoulder.....and it is creepy as heck....but fun.......

We truly loved this zone and spent a lot of time in it over many nights........and this year the competition was high among zones. The costumes were just fabulous.....SA are the coolest people around!!!

i-L3TD3jQ-X2.jpg

i-B5BHSTR-X2.jpg

This was our friendly banshee who was posing on another night with us.......

i-Hv4q5B6-X2.jpg

We know a few SA personally, and this year I knew which areas some of them working.....but did not make out one of them.....they all saw us they told us later......which was incredibly annoying as I spent time studying all our pictures.....we did find out who two were later.

i-hz4g2Tw-X2.jpg

This SA was immense!!! There are a roll of around 10 pictures leading up to the end one......she slowly and very mennacingly stalked around me for what seemed like forever........and there quite a crowd of folks watching and curious to see what she was going to do.....everyone knew she was going to do something.........

i-9DnM8vP-X2.jpg

And I was mentally preparing myself for her to suddenly jump or loudly hiss at me.......and she didn`t........

i-67TZsn2-X2.jpg

She waited and turned very slowly away from me and then as I turned to go, she pounced like a demon and maniacally began to chase me as my very core instinctively turned to run.......

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

This is one of Tom`s best catches of all of HHN.......but the movement makes the image a bit shady.....and not a flattering one, but I love it!!

i-HSZRrM6-X2.jpg

Folks always ask me does Tom ever get any scares......the answer is very rarely......he`s not a naturally jumpy person anyway.......but.........

I managed to capture this one occasion........not sure why some pictures have a weird date on them?????

But the tall ghoul managed to make Tom utter a very rarely heard from him, curse word.......lol........

i-6WsqCRq-X2.jpg

i-XQxb4Kn-X2.jpg

They also hide in the ever present fog........

i-QjbC6s3-X2.jpg

i-Th8gGFp-X2.jpg

The Tribute Store we always enjoyed a wander round......it was quite basic this year but still fun to see some of the displays in there.......

i-bcT6wdR-X2.jpg

I was genuinely terrified to be this close to Michael Myers......yes, it was a dummy.....but, again I was convinced one night it was going to move and scare the life out of someone........that would be funny.....unless it was me of course!!!

I mentioned to one of the Studios managers we know that they should get one of the SA to stand one time and move slowly........he thought it was a brilliant idea, but reminded me they also had ot think that yes, it might just knock the life out of someone........so that was a no!

i-Wk5hdrM-X2.jpg

The Exorcist house was very good this year......very realistic at times, and much better than the movie which sucks so bad!!!

I avoided watching it for years......and I mean years as I had been told it was so terrifying, so I thought better of it. Then one Halloween I said, oh let`s watch the unedited version......

Complete and utter disappintment and so gutted it wasn`t even the least bit scary......the music was the scariest part of it at times........It finished and I uttered those immortal words usually held for places we go that disappoint us (Epcot thinking of you) but ........."Is that it" were said with such venom Tom said I was scarier than the anything in the movie!! Will never watch that nonsense again.......

i-vDBsVtq-X2.jpg

I love this tee shirt!!!!

i-S8VcD75-X2.jpg

It is considered a rule among the HHN diehards.....that you NEVER wear a tee shirt from the latest year......if it`s 2016......you only wear older ones.......and people will laugh at you if you do wear a 2016 HHN tee shirt in 2016 :laughing:.......so funny........

We are merchandise sales folks dream guests......we buy it all!!

Tee shirts are excellent quality......we still have some early ones that don`t even look remotely worn and even faded...they look so good.

i-3vXStSL-X2.jpg

i-TnCqpnt-X2.jpg

i-CksXNSk-X2.jpg

i-fQCCNxQ-X2.jpg

i-BmNjHvX-X2.jpg

Masks are the exception.....we never buy them.

But, we do buy, every year.....tee shirts, mugs, shot glasses and usually the lanyards......and anything else that takes our eye.........the shot glasses are very popular in our home with friends who love horror movies.

More scare zones coming up..........

A great meeting indeed! :flower1:Lol I’ll go with three amigos thank you very much. Nice the men hit it off too over a cold one.

that was a bang/up year for scare zones but I’m drawing a blank at the banshees??? Need to dig back in my photos to see if any jog my memory

Yes, we named us The Three Amigos and The Famous Five........lol.......oh they did get on well didn`t they.......they have a lot in common.....as well as both being married to wonderful women.......::yes::

Oh you will remember the banshees I`ll bet........it was very, very good.........:thumbsup2

Hey mac........where did the quote go........

yes, that was probably the one and only time he got an actual scare........I was so glad I had the second camera with us that year........I loved it........ :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter