MAYBE A MAY TRIP?? 3 WEEKS SAPPHIRE FALLS 2021

for us this seemed to be the weakest of icons they had for a long time

Yes it was! I didn't like that year's theme/icon at all.

However, it wasn`t the best experience........food was dreadful and cold, SA were minimal and some we didn`t have a clue who they were, as soon as we sat down we were told we could leave and some of the houses would be open for us....not true...

We did it the first 2 years we went, and then had to stop because that was our experience the 2nd year!

And I really didn`t like this house at all. Tom thought it was ok, and when we spoke to our friend at the hotel later, he had loved it......lol.......different strokes.

That was bottom of my list too :rotfl:

Slaughter Sinema was so much fun! It was original and very funny and best of all we walked on in seconds.....no wait whatsoever. I didn`t notice what the regular line was. But this was a house we`d do again and again.

I loved that house!

but this place is an oven!!!

I remember thinking it would be cooler in there...and it was not.

I also thought I quoted the part about Dead Exposure really bothering your eyes, but I can't find it now. It really bothered mine too! I've also never had that happen before, but it made my eyes hurt, and we didn't go through it again.

Yes it was! I didn't like that year's theme/icon at all.

We did it the first 2 years we went, and then had to stop because that was our experience the 2nd year!

That was bottom of my list too :rotfl:

I loved that house!

I remember thinking it would be cooler in there...and it was not.

I also thought I quoted the part about Dead Exposure really bothering your eyes, but I can't find it now. It really bothered mine too! I've also never had that happen before, but it made my eyes hurt, and we didn't go through it again.

I wish I had listened to folks who said the SA dinner was dreadful......lesson learned! We do have similar tastes in houses......lol.....I was thinking of you as I was writing up the Killer Klowns....I know you loved them.......took me a while, but I did come to appreciate them......weirdly!!!

Oh you had the eye thing too? It really was bad.....I know sometimes the fog effect can be overpowering, but that was dreadful. Yep, put us right off doing the house again......

Have you seen the house that`s being quoted as the first house for next year, the puppet one? Loooks good if it is.

I have to say your night really doesn`t get any better than having your picture taken with Freddie, Michael Jackson and Prince and all as vampires!
Only here are we all nodding our heads in agreement. Lol

can u imagine the reaction of ‘normal public’ to that quote taken out of context? Lol

great pics As always! Never did opening night there, hadn’t expected that sort of crush but thing ST brought in many virgins to the event

Sam pics please:magnify:

lol.....yes, our Halloween crew understand these things!!

I think ST certainly did bring in a newer and younger demographic too......that was the worst opening night we have experienced. It was worse in some areas as the night went on than others, but to see it so crowded so early in the evening was alarming!

Didn`t get many with little sam....on the SA dining he was rarer than a hens tooth!

Just for you Keisha.....a mix of real, fake and blurry scary sam.......🎃

i-LmmLRXW-X2.jpg

i-pdMFFsL-XL.jpg

i-pqf64T9-XL.jpg

i-pLwmMD8-X2.jpg

i-D7BqQLn-X2.jpg

i-NjmNksk-X2.jpg

i-hp3HhJG-X2.jpg

WELCOME TO HHN 2019

i-tL6JvXL-X2.jpg

This year again had no discernable Icon which was a shame.......as there were some fun houses this year, and some we were really excited about.

HOUSES

Stranger Things.....based on season 2 and 3 of the series, have to say we bored very quickly of season 2 and gave up on it after 2 episodes, so this one wasn`t high on our list of must sees.

Nightingales: Blood Pit......Gladiatorial style blood games in Ancient Rome was as far removed as a theme as I`d like......hated the sound of this house straight away.

Universal Monsters........This one had all of us classic monster film lovers very excited!!! This looked to be a tremendous house and long overdue........

Depths of Fear...........Deadly parasitic creatures terrorising workers in a deep sea mine......nope....this one didn`t appeal at all.

Yeti: Terror of the Yukon........this one was another IP that sounded amazing......this one was going to be a whopper!

Ghostbusters.........what to say about this one........couldn`t go wrong with this house.

Killer Klowns.........well. I wondered if this was a fun house too many. I`d reserve judgement, but although the scare zone worked ok.....I wasn`t sure about a whole house.

US. Based on the hit movie......not a bad sounding house, but wondered how they could make a full house out of it as there wasn`t much scope within the movie.

Graveyard Games........loved the sound of this one!!!

House of 1000 corpses. Hmm. Not sure.

SCAREZONES

There were a couple of zones that seemed like they would be brilliant this year.

Rob Zombie`s HellBilly Deluxe in SF area........

Vanity Ball in Hollywood

Zombieland Double Tap in NY

Anarch-Cade in Plaza of the Stars

Vikings Undead in Central Park

And this year again we would make opening night.....despite being delayed for two days by another Hurricane, thank you Dorian.......this was becoming a habit!

But, we were excited again for HHN and there were so may houses we wanted to experience on the first night, but as usual, being a little whooped we didn`t last too long on the first couple of nights. After the hurricane left it seemed to bring another band of heat in! But, we did what we could.

This post is a kind of mish mash of pictures.........:confused3

This year the hotel guest entry had been moved to the opposite side of the entrance, and it was never busy on any night we used it unlike the previous year.

This first zone, Anarch-Cade completely passed me by........didn`t quite get the scare it was supposed to inspire.

i-6JZsW5p-X2.jpg

i-vtWL9Kx-X2.jpg

We did Ghostbusters first and this was so funny.......all scenes were immediately recognisable and just the biggest laughs all the way round this one.......the line was already 65 minutes, but we got on in 10 minutes.....and again it was so hot. They added bits later on subsequent nights, but classics like Janine Melnick and Venkkman were brilliant.....and his high fiving everyone as we left was appreciated. We also never noticed the marshmallow aroma tonight........

Next up was Yeti.....and we ADORED this house......it was everything a chilling house should be, and some marvellous scares........this one of the best houses we had seen in years.

Stranger Things and US were next.......these lines were both at 75 minutes.......we waited just tunder 20 minutes from memory for ST and slightly less for US......and completely not worth it. Both houses were disappointing to us.

Fancy this as a line.........

i-LvWp6NP-X2.jpg

We had a quick wander round the Tribute Store, but we couldn`t move for folks......it was heaving, we`d keep this for when it would be quieter.

i-WGgk7wv-X2.jpg

i-3SSqsvr-X2.jpg

i-jpMwZ5x-X2.jpg

Zombies are another thing that bore us to tears....so this zone wasn`t exactly thrilling us either. It wasn`t a bad zone, but we flipped through it tonight only stopping for the odd picture......

i-vbS6k78-X2.jpg

The Vanity Ball was a scare zone that wasn`t scary either....but it was very well done and the models were quite alarming....but not scary.......

The premise of this zone is plastic surgery gone wrong due to insane surgeons and so on......it was quite well done, in some ways.....but didn`t quite gel together.....

i-35Bg5kD-X2.jpg

i-sJVVrFs-X2.jpg

i-Lvs2tp4-X2.jpg

i-NtNHVHN-X2.jpg

We didn`t do Killer Klowns tonight, as tiredness just overcame us....and hunger....so we headed out of the park to go eat.......but looked forward to spending more time in the park on subsequent nights........

i-qJrfxqj-X2.jpg

i-H4Dfwvv-X2.jpg

more to come.......(and better pictures :) )

Our next night was the Sunday and we had spent the day in St Augustine where we finally managed to meet up with the lovely Jaxdad who we had been trying to meet for a couple of visits.......and my goodness it was blazing hot today!! But we knew we wanted to enjoy HHN again tonight........

We wanted to do the houses at the back of the park tonight and were very excited about them.......despite the thought of the very long walk to get to them.......in this heat it was a little offputting, but they both sounded so good.

We walked through Vanity Ball and it was almost deserted tonight, there were hardly any SA walking around so we headed to see the Viking zone which the Central Park zone is always a good one.......

The undead vikings had risen.......

There were some displays that you can see why they were covered up during the day for the faint hearted.......

We loved this zone! But, we did miss the pumpkins adorning the trees the way they had from the previous year......it looked amazing.

i-hzWBfP6-X2.jpg

i-SFTTmcw-X2.jpg

The lighting might not have been perfect, but I loved this picture........

i-KzScwkN-X2.jpg

i-53Hx2R7-X2.jpg

i-bL4xVkb-X2.jpg

i-Bqvc6gH-X2.jpg

This one was one of the best SA in this zone........she looked completely savage and acted as if she had no soul when you saw her wander around.......and we didn`t like to disturb her eating dinner.......lol.......

i-pc7XpHH-X2.jpg

i-mMzSNff-X2.jpg

We wandered through pretty quickly tonight as we just wanted to get to the houses were eagerly anticipating........

i-pCFXvtH-X2.jpg

i-BVFDTRF-X2.jpg

Tom actually asked me if I wanted to do both the regular lines and then walk all the way back up and then do both the EP line as the line was so short............I looked at him as if he had just spoken to me in some weird language!!!

That would be a no in this heat darling!!!!

I loved these creepy cloaks.......and always nice to see them wandering in and out with them.......

i-Xj5GB4m-X2.jpg

i-9DMqtMd-X2.jpg

Classic Monsters was everything we hoped it would be.....despite the long walk to get there!!

It was cleverly done to incorperate many aspects of the old classics that seemed so scary to me as a child, and grew to appreciate them for the classics they are......loved this house!!! This was a house we would do the walk for........so many scares in this one, but apparently I missed one that would really freak me out!!! I was glad I missed it.

Graveryard Games was next. We really didn`t know what to expect with this one, but it completely blew us away in every sense.

It was cryptic and sinister and downright eerie and a huge amount of fun. I wished we could have gone straight back in.....minus the ever growing line of course. This was a whopper of a house.......the SA had been phenomenal and really blew our socks off. I already pegged this one as our favourite.

Our next house was Blood Pit........

i-dw2LWXp-X2.jpg

i-FqXctD8-X2.jpg

It took us around 10 minutes to get into this house......it was impressive from the outside but I genuinely don`t remember much about this house except it was too gory and dark for me. Tom said we enjoyed it and we did it a few times, but I`m drawing a blank on it generally.

We didn`t do Depths of Fear tonight.......we had heard it was a very extreme house and you did get feelings of claustrophobia as it was supposed to make you feel as if you were underwater in a submarine.....we would leave it tonight.

i-q2TSvL6-X2.jpg

Rob Zombie`s House of 1000 Corpses was next.....I did not know anything about his movies except the truly awful remakes he did with Halloween a few years back. We had heard several dissenting comments about this house and some folks were aggrieved it was there......no idea why....I didn`t read or care what they objected it....it was a house at HHN......we`d give it a try........and I always say that to everyone, ignore other folks opinions on houses.....go try them for yourself and make your own mind up......

And it was a complete walk on with EP with a 45 minute wait in the regular line. We only stopped to get our EP scanned.

i-dPz2VCQ-X2.jpg

This was a good house, depsite all the furore over it, and I don`t quite remember now why there was so much aggravation over it.

It was hot......so we made the mistake of buying bottled water and discovered the parks had changed their water to Niagara brand.....it was disgusting. We have always bought the bottles of water in the park, never the fountains (bleurgh) but we would now not be buying them. We stuck to gatorade or similar.

We had some time in Potter again tonight as it was cooler in there and a little respite from the incessant onslaught of heat....which we love.....but a little breeze would have been nice.

And so wonderful for it to be so deserted......

i-DFHWPMC-X2.jpg

i-xrWTsWf-X2.jpg

i-jPBwShH-X2.jpg

i-B6rc7K5-X2.jpg

i-JnzvjS2-X2.jpg

i-B7LCcpZ-X2.jpg

i-2LK9DGb-X2.jpg

i-7qhfT8G-X2.jpg

i-khgRsTG-X2.jpg

i-TgGnNNR-X2.jpg

Once we had enjoyed a fizzy orange drink in Potter and enjoyed some relative tranquility we headed back out and planned to head out of the park for dinner after we went through our last zone tonight.......

HellBilly Deluxe.........

Another Rob Zombie theme.

This was a zone that was a lot of fun and we did enjoy it.

i-CDwWZjs-X2.jpg

I swear I never saw this girl blink once over many nights!

Their show was good and we watched some of it every night we went.

i-88s8kmb-X2.jpg

i-BXjTdCn-X2.jpg

We were now hungry and tired.....not a good mix, so with Tom snapping a few pictures we headed out the park once again to NBC for dinner.

i-Zhn7tBR-X2.jpg

But, we were excited to get back the next time it was on........

Our next night looked like rain, it was forecast to be heavy, but we decided to still go all the same as we weren`t planning on going the next night despite it being Friday 13th and a full moon......perfect storm for a HHN......but it was my birthday so we were going out for dinner........

Tonight Ghostbusters regular line was 60 minutes and we waited almost 15 minutes to get in, which did seem a long time in this heat that was almost suffocating tonight.........I had a fan one of the girls in the Club Lounge had given me and one woman offered me $50 for it as it was cooling me down a lot. I declined as I wouldn`t be without it tonight.

Ghostbusters was again a good house to wander round and tonight we could really smell the marshmallow aroma, it was lovely without being overpowering......and a lot of scares tonight.

Heading round to Yet the rain came bouncing down and we got drenched, completely drenched......but it did cool us down a little.

Yeti was phenomenal tonight........the scares were top notch and our timings were just right to get the scares. At one point we got stopped for some reason and a hunter appeared and completely in character he asked if we`d ever hunted Yeti`s.....I said no but we`re Scottish and hunt the Loch Ness Monster......he roared with laughter and said in his normal voice.....nice answer......lol.......but we really enjoyed this house tonight a lot.

The rain had gone off now, but we were completely soaked, so, went on to do US which the regular line showed 60 minutes, but my goodness it looked a lot longer than that. We got in the house in around 10 minutes, it was ok, better than the previous visit, but not our favourite.

I have no idea if we did ST tonight.........

This zone wasn`t in the least bit scary.......but as always, it was well done.....

i-6bFS97t-X2.jpg

i-XLnK2Bm-X2.jpg

The "almost" full moon looked so beautiful tonight.......

i-nTvQtv9-X2.jpg

We had a quick wander through the Viking zone and it was fleeting tonight as some of the SA weren`t back out yet because of the rain, but there were one or two........

i-MPLtxQh-X2.jpg

i-9V2vCfS-X2.jpg

i-6wnrBsW-X2.jpg

We did think twice about doing the houses at the back of the park tonight as it was unbearably hot, and we are wimps deep down......but those two houses were amazing so we dragged our sorry asses down to them.

Monsters showed 65 minutes, and the EP line was a nice 15 minutes from start till we got in the house....not bad for such a long walk........ I think we saw everything tonight we had missed on previous nights, especially as my head was spinning like Linda Blair in the Exorcist all the way round this house......

i-fPRjKjv-X2.jpg

Graveyard Games showed a 50 minute line and again, it was around 15 minutes from beginning of the line till we were walking in the house.

It was spectacular tonight........even my husband who never jumps, got a few scares which was fun for me to see.......this house was everything a scary house should be. It was creepy and eerie and we just loved it........I don`t think we met anyone who didn`t love these two houses.

We had a quick wander through the Vikings again, and it was a lot busier now, we did like this zone.

i-qTRjdMV-X2.jpg

We saw a couple of the shows in Vanity Ball tonight.......and the one where they kidnap victims to perform surgery on was very good.......and quite disturbingly realistic.......

i-XN2PSqp-X2.jpg

i-qVWnLWJ-X2.jpg

The Catwalk was fun at times. The MC was hilarious and very clever, and there were two of the SA that completely stood out from the others, the rest were almost lacklustre.

i-NfsGbtv-X2.jpg

Killer Klowns was showing at 30 minutes, so we again, didn`t stop apart from the EP being scanned. We did enjoy this house and it really worked as a house better than the scare zone last year.

I managed to get bashed on the hand by something one of the Klowns was holding.....bad timing for me to put my hand out as he lunged forward carrying a box of chocolates I think........I held my hand for a second and the Klown noticed and somehow gestured was I ok......I gave him two thumbs up and he waved.....I did have a slight bruise the next day, but I didn`t realise it had hit so hard.......these things happen. But, such a good house again.

We were ready to go now.......

i-vc7fFkc-X2.jpg

I don`t think this guy will win any awards for acting!!!

i-25rw9D3-X2.jpg

Next day as I said we were missing HHN.......but I did get this in the lounge the next morning which was so lovely as part of their birthday celebrations for me.......so sweet. They do make a fuss if someone has a birthday and they know about it.........I knew Kayla had made the sign for me..........not really a part of HHN, but I loved they had done this for us coming in today!

I did love for the second time this trip we had a reserved sign specially made for us..........::yes::

i-mVwkxrg-X2.jpg

i-PdKxMjZ-X2.jpg

The Tribute Store just got better every year......they themed it so well and it was filled with little details from most of the houses.......

i-T7zwBGG-X2.jpg

i-Pf3bxQx-X2.jpg

i-8Z9gJSS-X2.jpg

i-nQ4pmXb-X2.jpg

i-wHZv5LV-X2.jpg

i-Ggw2fLS-X2.jpg

i-zfWXf22-X2.jpg

i-bJ9HGsJ-X2.jpg

i-2sfwRb6-X2.jpg

And a few things that were a little creepy too......

i-2mHmbmk-X2.jpg

i-Wdn6MhS-X2.jpg

i-3PKZJDT-X2.jpg

i-MNngFwN-X2.jpg

As well as the regular stores having HHN goodies, the Tribute Store also ran a seperate counter for more HHN themed goodies.......

i-r7NDVMF-X2.jpg

i-wkcG57z-X2.jpg

i-rJs8td3-X2.jpg

And the ones we tried were completely delicious.

More to come........

We do like a wander round the displays during the day.......and the bar looked just as good during the day as it does at night.

i-9cNrDvw-X2.jpg

i-VQLHXfP-X2.jpg

i-2svWSCD-X2.jpg

The Hellbilly zone also had some very unique displays that could be left uncovered during the day.........

i-984pWzJ-X2.jpg

i-2LMTrkH-X2.jpg

i-QQF2dJ4-X2.jpg

i-Qg52hLz-X2.jpg

And some that were strangely covered up for no apparent reason........the chair that so many had their picture taken on, wasn`t offensive in the slightest. But, it was still covered.

i-xSnrLKh-X2.jpg

Again, tonight Ghostbusters and Yeti had about an hour`s wait for non EP folks......we got in both houses very quickly. And both were again excellent. There were some elements missing from scenes in Ghostbusters, and one of the main characters was missing, but, still so much fun.

Yeti too was one of the best houses!!

i-LQVgJGS-X2.jpg

i-4fqJRTM-X2.jpg

i-cCLwxwg-X2.jpg

We had stopped a few times for some drinks, non alcoholic of course as the heat was incredibly draining........but we soon headed into the Hellbilly zone which was a lot of fun tonight.......even Tom got one of the biggest scares he`s ever had......he turned around and one of the tallesr SA was right behind him and yelled as he turned.......I never saw Tom get such a fright at this event......I high fived the actor for managing it!!! And darn it, wished I`d captured it on camera.......

i-Mf4Bz93-X2.jpg

i-cHG3BRF-X2.jpg

I always like to ask before taking a picture, and this young lady was brilliant on stage.

i-X8Xs62R-X2.jpg

The living dead girl was different tonight, she wasn`t just as good as the other girl who played the part, still watchable but she blinked a lot.......their show was very good though.

i-GzD3SbQ-X2.jpg

i-9csH569-X2.jpg

i-8XSM7CF-X2.jpg

It was still so unbelievably hot tonight.......so after drinking a bottle of Gatorade each we took refuge in the store opposite Transformers entrance.......they have a wonderful selection of merchandise all year round, so we did enjoy a wander to cool down......

We did purchase several things from here tonight, and several of the classic movie pictures are hanging in the room we watch movies with the biggest screen in......they fit in with that room as we already have several pictures up from different movies.

i-ssvgnPq-X2.jpg

i-m7hDKdR-X2.jpg

i-qW22sNM-X2.jpg

i-mjvVtmq-X2.jpg

i-fBFrS9p-X2.jpg

i-7wRmmbV-X2.jpg

I love this tee shirt.....I think everyone has a Jaws shirt though somewhere.....

i-WJGtJZ6-X2.jpg

We had a quick wander round the first zone, and although some of the SA were very good at letting you take pictures, the zone was still the poorest of zones.

But, by now the heat had laid us up, and we decided to head out. We didn`t really have the energy to go round the back of the park tonight......

i-gQ7HTzk-X2.jpg

This year they had the pop up bars around Citywalk......they did seem to get lots of custom, so hope they bring them back for next year.

i-Xzqg9J8-X2.jpg

More to follow........

Rocking through these nights now......

As we went through the Hotel Guest entrance tonight, one of the TM mentioned how busy it was tonight......and it was.

Tonight we planned to just take our time and see where we ended up, but we did plan to do Depths of Fear as we hadn`t done that one yet........

Vanity Ball was actually top notch tonight.......very funny, and very adult in theme too......I would say this was the only night we really enjoyed this zone.

i-gFQ2zGp-X2.jpg

i-TzFh2gf-X2.jpg

i-Bk98K7w-X2.jpg

Classic Monsters tonight was a 50 minute wait and we got in within 10 minutes or so........and this house tonight was the best ever!!!

i-WsnmNQj-X2.jpg

The line moved somewhat slower tonight and we had no overexuberant TM rushing us though which had happened in several houses this year, so this was a nice way to go through this amazing house. And we did get to see some little touches that we had missed other nights.

On the way down to the houses that way, you pass through the kids zone which does look quite sinister at night.....wish they`d make use of this for a scare zone.......imagine a zombie Barney!!!

i-tXG6kLP-X2.jpg

We walked back down to do Graveyard Games again.......the line said 50 minutes, but i think the time must gave changed as we walked past it, as the line looked massive!! That was at least 100 minutes. And once again we were so happy we had EP!!!

This house was phenomenal........truly eerie and terrifying all the way through. I loved how sinister this house felt and the SA.....they were the best!

We had heard so much about Depths of Fear........the build up for this one had been huge, we had heard several folks mention how claustrophobic they felt in this house......hmm. So, as someone who is a little bit claustrophobic, I wasn`t looking forward to this house for that reason, but given the good reviews I was also excited to see it........

It took us 15 minutes to get into this house..........

i-MQWcmbS-X2.jpg

It was dreadful. Not in a scary way......it was just nonsense.....complete and utter nonsense.......and in no way did you really feel you were submerged underwater and felt claustrophobic. It was the most boring house I had ever gone through and Tom even said half way through if there was a chicken exit as this was dire.

The costumes looked as they had been reused from the dreadful Alien screzone a few years back......they wouldn`t even pass muster in a bad B-Movie. Horrible house that we were glad we woldn`t have to do again.......I felt for the SA in this house, as they didn`t have much to play with.......

We were annoyed this house had been so bad........lol.......

Next up was House of 1000 corpses again........this house was hilarious in a weird way......but we really enjoyed it, especially as it was a complete walk on with EP......

i-9qwD2MK-X2.jpg

Looking back at the pictures, none of us had noticed the sinister figure overlooking the entrance to the house.....it wasn`t till we looked at the pictures we spotted him.......

i-x5CSc5n-X2.jpg

We spent some time in Potter again tonight, then headed down to HellBilly zone again........

The Living Dead Girl again was amazing to watch......Tom took a run of pictures automatically and there was a run of 50 and when we flicked through them quickly....she didn`t blink once.....quite something to see.

i-BMsjQTM-X2.jpg

Our last night was a little bit of everything.........

i-CD9j2PL-X2.jpg

i-R5zVd9L-X2.jpg

The store beside what was T2 and now Bourne held a cascade of memorabilia and wonderful Halloween displays.

I loved this store........and we did wander in a few times and made a few purchases too........

i-5Dph3Vk-X2.jpg

i-7NdZdVp-X2.jpg

i-vLWZJFd-X2.jpg

i-FnzfhDg-X2.jpg

i-3QKQSV7-X2.jpg

i-4CzSC9N-X2.jpg

i-mCq77C2-X2.jpg

i-zzjR6Mj-X2.jpg

So with HHN 2019 at an end for us, we had mixed feelings from this year.......

Some of the houses were the best we had seen in years.......and some of the zones were good but definitely a could do better year.

Tom described this year as Universals Not So Scary Halloween Party......and it did lack scares for the most part. The scare zones were more humour than frights. And some of the houses were poor.

But, the houses that were good.....were spectacular and more than made up for the lack of something this year. And having no Icon was really noticeable.

With that thought, to rank the houses is quite difficult as the best ones were amazing........so......

HOUSES

1. Has to be a joint first with Classic Monsters and Graveyard Games........both these houses were complete standouts as they had everything. Excellent these, marvellous costumes and the best SA`s!

2. Yeti: Terror of the Yukon........this was a very close second to the top 2 as again, they had everything you looked for in a HHN. Loved this one.

3. Ghostbusters. Not a horror house, but it was so much fun and the theming and timing of this house was excellent. The SA were very good as the characters which surprised me, but so many laughs in this one made it wonderful.

4. House of 1000 Corpses. I never expected to like this one as much, but we did. It was suitably gory as a house should be and it flowed well. We were happy to do this one as many times as we could.

5. Killer Klowns. I was very surprised how much we enjoyed this house......but to be honest, it was one fun house too many this year. We want scares with a bit of humour, but having two houses that were based on humour, weren`t for us.

6. US. Only because it was slightly better than the rest.

7. Stranger Things, Nightingales Blood Pit were equally bad to us.

8. Depths of Fear.......truly one of the worst houses we have ever gone through.

SCARE ZONES

Hellbilly Deluxe was the clear winner for us. It had raunchy humour and the SA were excellent. This one had the best atmosphere all round for us.

Vikings was next as a favourite, again, it had excellent SA.

The rest of the scare zones just didn`t work for us at all. Vanity Ball had some excellent moments, but overall it was a miss for us too.

I hate to sound as though we didn`t enjoy most of it, we really did, some of it was excellent, some not so good. But the wonderful houses and atmosphere made it an amazing HHN all the same.

We also had some lovely meets this year and we got pictures this time with them all.

Jaxdad we met in St Augustine and had a really nice time together. We had a lot to chat about and we got on like a house on fire. I`m sure we`ll manage another meet in the future at some point. And it`s always nice to put a face to a name.......

And I think we met up in what was the hottest day on earth ever!!! We left St Augustine after this was taken as it was like walking on the sun today!

i-kXb4KJX-X2.jpg

Vicki and her son Trey, well, we had met several times before over the last 10 years or so. And sadly had missed each other at times by a day or so, or we just couldn`t make a meet work. We had met Vicky with Monyk for drinks last year, but managed to make it a meal this time. We met up in Confisco Grille and had a lovely couple of hours catching up and chatting.

i-qWdtpJ9-X2.jpg

And again, we were so happy to be able to meet up with Mr & Mrs Keishashadow.......again, we met in Confisco and had another beautiful meal and yes, we chatted each others heads off........:hyper2:

They were heading off to do HHN and I had popped a muscle in my leg a few days before, and as we were deciding what to do later, the decision was made for me as it seemed to pop again.......so no more HHN for us........a slow dawdle back to the hotel was my priority right now......but I was so glad we`d managed to meet up today.

i-SbhXj35-X2.jpg

We do love meeting up with old friends and we did miss a couple of folks this year too I was sad to say, timings just didn`t work........but, there`s always next year!!!

We always think we`ve been so lucky in meeting some folks who have become and stayed very good friends with over many years of visiting Universal and HHN`s.

That`s 2019 over again........hope you enjoyed it too........:wave2:

Trying to get caught up around here! Loved reading about your little getaway. I can totally relate to thinking about what it would be like to live somewhere when you are on vacay!! But where you do live sounds pretty perfect from what I can tell lol. You are very lucky that your son stayed home and saved some money while in university AND that you can still stomach to be in the same room with him lol!!

I wish I had listened to folks who said the SA dinner was dreadful......lesson learned! We do have similar tastes in houses......lol.....I was thinking of you as I was writing up the Killer Klowns....I know you loved them.......took me a while, but I did come to appreciate them......weirdly!!!

Lol yes I did :rotfl:

Oh you had the eye thing too? It really was bad.....I know sometimes the fog effect can be overpowering, but that was dreadful. Yep, put us right off doing the house again......

Yeah, it was terrible, we only did the house once.

Have you seen the house that`s being quoted as the first house for next year, the puppet one? Loooks good if it is.

Yeah, I think they officially announced it. It looks good.

Trying to get caught up around here! Loved reading about your little getaway. I can totally relate to thinking about what it would be like to live somewhere when you are on vacay!! But where you do live sounds pretty perfect from what I can tell lol. You are very lucky that your son stayed home and saved some money while in university AND that you can still stomach to be in the same room with him lol!!

Oh my goodness Kathy, I`d have failed miserably if I ever felt like that. No, we`re very lucky with Kyle. He is the most amazing of young men who has grown into the most wonderful adult that we are incredibly proud of. Spending time with him is always a joy, and we`re very lucky he feels the same way and we have such a good relationship.

I always feel sadness for folks who`s kids can`t wait to get away from their parents....

Yes, thinking you`d like to live somewhere and then doing it is very different. We`ve been fortunate to live in several places that we`ve loved and really did think we`d enjoy living in the Cotswolds, but we decided not to. Goodness knows where we`ll end up.....but being honest, I wouldn`t like to move too far from where Kyle is anyway. Not through choice anyway.

But, glad you`re all caught up and happy you liked the pictures.......

Lol yes I did :rotfl:

Yeah, it was terrible, we only did the house once.

Yeah, I think they officially announced it. It looks good.

I did give them feedback on the acrid sensation, so hopefully they won`t do it as strong again.

I keep saying it`s too early to get excited for next years event.......but I am......lol....

Well it took me a day to recover from the terror of all of the HHN, I viewed everything at once. How do you keep from jumping out of your skin with the scare actors? I jumped at the pictures!!:scared1:💀

The Cotswolds are more my style. 🏡🧚‍♀️

Well it took me a day to recover from the terror of all of the HHN, I viewed everything at once. How do you keep from jumping out of your skin with the scare actors?
You BINGED this LOL? Jumping out of your skin is part of the fun-honestly once you just let go and go with it -so much fun.

Fantastic reviews Schumi!! Ugh miss this year. But looking forward to next year already.

There was one night DD and I were beat and we sat in the Zombieland zone for a bit (on or near the jimmy Fallon steps) and watched people walk through the zone. The reactions to the port-a-potties was hilarious.

Well it took me a day to recover from the terror of all of the HHN, I viewed everything at once. How do you keep from jumping out of your skin with the scare actors? I jumped at the pictures!!:scared1:💀

The Cotswolds are more my style. 🏡🧚‍♀️

Sorry for the delay in responding.......:flower3:

lol.....I love being scared! But, it really is so much fun and the SA are brilliant at what they do.....they know their targets well.

Yes, the Cotswolds was the antithesis of HHN for sure........::yes::

You BINGED this LOL? Jumping out of your skin is part of the fun-honestly once you just let go and go with it -so much fun.

Fantastic reviews Schumi!! Ugh miss this year. But looking forward to next year already.

There was one night DD and I were beat and we sat in the Zombieland zone for a bit (on or near the jimmy Fallon steps) and watched people walk through the zone. The reactions to the port-a-potties was hilarious.

Thanks Monyk......I`m so glad you enjoyed our little revisiting of older HHN`s......yes, it was a shame HHN30 didn`t happen, but yes, I`m already excited for next year too....I think it`ll be outstanding!

Those port-a-potties were so funny! Folks were wondering why so many were hanging around them......I guess it did look a bit dodgy as some did think Universal had added them for genuine use......lol......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!