14 NIGHTS SAPPHIRE FALLS...MARDI GRAS-MINIONS-HARRY & MORE...MARCH 2019 TR

FRIDAY MARCH 15TH

This morning we were up almost too early......but we had a good reason.

We had slept again, very well…...I should really say we had a fabulous sleep every single night we were there.....saves me writing it, but it was true......we find the beds here incredibly comfortable and although the pillows are softer than ones we have at home, I like them a lot.....Tom would prefer slightly more substance to them, but can`t say they stop him sleeping...….

It was still dark out when I told Tom I was getting up and he looked at me like I was crazy.....then I said we had to be out early......that worked......then we ended up fighting for the shower.....I did remind him there are two of them, but we have still never used the one over the bathtub......I don't like shower curtains.....anywhere....although it was immaculately clean I have to say...…..

Once showered and dressed, we headed off over to RP......the lady who is the Club Lounge manager, we are close to her and get on like a house on fire!!! But, she was heading off to NYC for a week`s trip and running the half marathon.....we were so impressed with her....an amazing feat.....so we wanted to wish her well and said we`d be over to see her this morning.

After that we`d be going to The Studios for the morning.....and the forecast today was another HOT one......it was to be around 84F which was just about perfect...……

We walked over to the RP and passed a few folks milling around and the aroma of bacon was fabulous.....one of the conferences were offering breakfasts and they were set out in the middle of the lobby area along the way......the aroma of bacon is tantalising!!!! Especially when you`re hungry......lol...….and the breakfast that was laid out for them looked amazing...….

But, we made it to the lounge and Tom had his usual croissants with honey and I had white toast, cream cheese with grape jelly again.....and I could see one of the girls look at it odd......I asked if she found it weird and she laughed and said yes, she did......lol.....I guessed by her look that she was trying to disguise.....she had mentioned it before I think...….it is lovely though.....we had a few little pastries and muffins between us and coffee...…

We sat and chatted to the lovely folks who work in the lounge till she came out of her meeting and managed to get up to the lounge......she is just the nicest person.....so funny but incredible at her job.....we admire her a lot. So, we had a good old catch up and could have sat there all day......but, we gave her a big hug and wished her every success in her trip and Tom reminded her we wanted lots of pictures....which she had promised she would......we looked forward to seeing them!!

We said our goodbyes to everyone and headed down to get the boat from here......it was busy again, but we didn't wait too long for the boat and we both commented it felt so hot already......nice!!!!

We were a bit later arriving in the Studios as we had chatted so long, but we had all day.....we had no plans to go offsite today, so we could take our time and relax today.....well, we relax every day, but more so today.....and it looked busy....very busy...…..

Our first stop is Minions again...….regular line was 65 minutes and we walked on the ride maybe waiting around 3 or 4 minutes......and again, such fun.....never gives me any motion issues at all.....I have seen a few folks say it does affect them, but not many....it`s not anywhere near TF or Simpsons for that. We come out and there are TM dressed as Minions dancing with everyone as they exited the ride.....they ask you to copy their moves.....not easy.....but we manage.....lol.....not pretty!!

Our plan today is to ride RRR until I can`t ride it any longer......I guess I`ll do it five times.....as long as we can get the front row every time...…..well, I hope to do it...….Kyle and Tom could ride all day only stopping for bathroom visits...….but for me.....nope, once or twice usually is my limit......so we put our stuff in lockers, and go through the metal detectors.....clear as a bell as always......and this time we don't see anyone arguing they need their phone/camera/wallet/keys/coins or any other item that they seemingly can`t live without for such a short time......we walk straight through and can see we`ll be on quickly.....and we get the front...….

Fabulous...….amazing climb and smooth, but steep first drop...….and it is fast!!!! I sometimes forget when we are back home how fast this is.....and how much of an angle you pass over some areas.....but cool ride and we love it......the end bit can be a little tougher but if you are on the front, it`s usually fine...…

My go on five times plan didn't come to fruition...…...once was enough even with it being smooth......Tom is always fine at me not doing them a hundred times.....that`s what our December trip is for...….Kyle would go on with him and they`d both be happy with that......I don't mind wandering around and taking some pictures and generally passing the time...…..in fact I quite like it......

i-2bqQRXx-XL.jpg

i-266pZ3W-XL.jpg

The ride is so much fun, it really is...….I can understand folks being nervous, but usually once you`ve done it once, you`ll do it again...…..

We head round past the quiet Mardi Gras food area......there aren't really a lot of people around.....which surprised us as it had looked so much busier when we came in the parks...….this was a Friday after all, we thought it would be heaving...…..

i-SRjqjWd-XL.jpg

i-RN6MBVm-XL.jpg

Our next stop was The Mummy and again, we looked around us and wondered why it was so quiet.....but who were we to complain...….although the regular line was showing 50 minutes......we never see lines like that....usually...….we walked to where the EP line climbs the steps and it was to the bottom of the steps......and moved fairly slow I have to say today...but when we got to the front we were about to ask for the front when the TM said I guess you want the front row again.....lol......she smiled and said no problem, I was quite impressed she remembered us again......and we got straight to the front. Some folks prefer the back row and it is good, but we just like the front best.

i-PBzpXHG-XL.jpg

i-F6WXPxB-XL.jpg

The ride was excellent as always......fast and some good air time where you do come right out of your seat which is always massive amounts of fun...…..the room with fire is always a little alarming as it seems so close to you, but of course it is safe as houses.

We went back to the lockers and got our belongings......the place was still quiet when we came out of the Mummy...….which was phenomenal again......it was maybe around 10.30 now and we had enjoyed our rides so far...….and were enjoying the relative calm of the day so far...….

The New York themed area is nice to wander around and see the supposed back streets of NYC.....and not many people wander down here either......nice for pictures...….

i-XB32WtT-XL.jpg

Looking back there didn't seem to be many people coming in behind us either...….

i-NVwKFH5-XL.jpg

The back of louie`s pizza is a nice place to sit and chill in the shade when the sun isn't beating down of course.....not many people sit there usually except when it`s very busy like HHN......the seats are usually filled then...….

Beat Builders perform to the side here during the day and their little show is worth seeing....very high energy and some fun music...….and audience participation too...…..

i-F6QxFTQ-XL.jpg

We happily pass by the F&F ride......again. Not one we will do again...….

As we were stopped to take some pictures around here we got talking to a lady who was a TA......she was on her first visit to the place and asked what we thought of the ride......so we told her......and she said everyone she had spoken to had said the same thing...… I know there are a few people on here who do like it......you know who you are......lol.……

But, it just isn't a good ride...….we didn't imagine it would or could be as bad as it is...…..

i-PKS7gkW-XL.jpg

One of our favourite night time spots or anytime spots really is Chez Alcatraz...….I wished it hadn't been so early today and we would have had something here......it`s mainly snack items and some nice cocktails and beers......friendly personable staff too.

i-SpdBKB7-XL.jpg

And of course we have to have the every visit trip to see Bruce...….

i-pxGTHLS-XL.jpg

i-RNWzBcJ-XL.jpg

This little guy was happily nibbling on a piece of something and minding his own business when a little boy of around 6 decided to pounce on him and chase him with his foot...….of course he didn't stand a chance against a squirrel.....but to see him try and kick a creature so small was sad to see......the dad did tell him to quit it, but too late...…….

i-sgrWrV9-XL.jpg

i-PbSqGTL-XL.jpg

Lombards is one of the prettiest restaurants in Universal Orlando......very fitting for the theme around here and the food in there is pretty darn good too...….and it`s a beautiful setting too. Very unique décor for a theme park. Well worth visiting. We have had many good meals in there. We did have a break of a few years when the food and service seemed to not be as good as before, but when we went back it was back to the standards we had been used to before......so it`s been a place we try and visit every other trip...….

i-7tnLfK3-XL.jpg

We were loving this heat.….it was incredible how hot it was, and again we kept saying to each other......it`s still only March...…..if this was still officially winter....this would do for us...……

A little bit of Potter and lunch up next...…….

IMG_9644%20%282%29-XL.jpg

LOOK! Tom is toasting me! :) <3
I am SO BEHIND! Will try to catch up!

lol...….yes, he certainly is :thumbsup2...….oh, you`re forgiven.....I know you`ve been busy.....and I have to say I am incredibly behind with emails too...….between trying to finish this in record time, get stuff for the house and driveway organised, try and arrange two, yes two friends trips now...….all I heard was...….but you are so organised and good at things like this!!!!! Yes, because we don't plan anything...these guys want FP/dining reservations/dinner shows and a million other things...….and neither have been there before...….joy!!!!! Oh and one is going early August...….it`ll be like a baptism of fire......lol...…

So, yes, you`re also allowed to be behind as I KNOW you are much busier than me...….::yes::

More coming up soon......:goodvibes

Wow, loads of updates, I’m glad you liked the Boathouse, we have been once and have a lovely dinner. We enjoy a walk around DS at least 1x each trip, mostly for the food and treats!

What a nice Dis meet you had and all the food looked very good at The Strong Water Bar.

Love the handbag, the colors are right up my alley!

The restaurant in the trailer park, very interesting, the food looked very tasty!

I’m so excited for our August trip, we are adding a night at RPR at the beginning of the trip to check out the new Hagrid ride and enjoy the parks!

Oh I know Caroline.....I really am trying to finish this one before we go away in May.....I think I will now actually despite being delayed at the beginning when we came home...….

Yes, Boathouse was lovely, I do remember you had enjoyed it.....I was really glad we went, there are some lovely food choices there...….and yes, we had a lovely meet in SW bar.....I know you have had some lovely meets with folks too, there`s something rather nice at meeting up with folks from here.

I love my bag!!! So many when I mention the brand have said Who???? That I like to hear, as not too many of them around.....

Er, yes.....interesting is one word for that place.......food was excellent though...…

Oh how fabulous!!!! Glad you`ve added an extra night for Universal in August......I can`t remember if you`ve stayed at RP before??? I hope you really enjoy your time at Universal too...….and hopefully enjoy the new Hagrid ride.....I`ll be keen to hear your impressions as we won`t see it open till September...…..

:wave2:

Love Southern food, I grew up eating my Grandmother's fried chicken, mashed potatoes and cream gravy, Biscuits and gravy, collards, turnip and Mustard greens. Don't mind grits, sort of like polenta a bit (she was from North Carolina, grandfather was from Georgia, my Dad was born in Texas). All while everyone growing up around me was eating sopapillas, enchiladas, green chile stew, posole, carne adovada, tortillas...yuck except for Sopapillas.
Cannot abide Cracker Barrel, who decided to put a ton of black pepper in cream gravy?? I really don't even like sausage gravy that much.
My Mom grew up on catfish, I also don't like it and I could easily live on fish. It tastes 'muddy' to me. Speaking of odd food, maybe you should try eating gator.....it's actually not terrible and it would actually be funny to eat something so scary to you.
Once you've eaten, jambalaya, etoufee and poor boys in Louisiana (specifically New Orleans) the rest just doesn't measure up.

That place you ate, food looks good, surroundings look very sketchy........Deliverance? LOL

There is NOTHING weird about toast with cream cheese and grape jelly. I love a bagel that way. Glad there are still a few of us 'normal' people out there.:rotfl2:
Of course I only like powdered sugar and grape jelly on French Toast as well....:confused3

Last edited:

Love Southern food, I grew up eating my Grandmother's fried chicken, mashed potatoes and cream gravy, Biscuits and gravy, collards, turnip and Mustard greens. Don't mind grits, sort of like polenta a bit (she was from North Carolina, grandfather was from Georgia, my Dad was born in Texas). All while everyone growing up around me was eating sopapillas, enchiladas, green chile stew, posole, carne adovada, tortillas...yuck except for Sopapillas.
Cannot abide Cracker Barrel, who decided to put a ton of black pepper in cream gravy?? I really don't even like sausage gravy that much.
My Mom grew up on catfish, I also don't like it and I could easily live on fish. It tastes 'muddy' to me. Speaking of odd food, maybe you should try eating gator.....it's actually not terrible and it would actually be funny to eat something so scary to you.
Once you've eaten, jambalaya, etoufee and poor boys in Louisiana (specifically New Orleans) the rest just doesn't measure up.

That place you ate, food looks good, surroundings look very sketchy........Deliverance? LOL

Polenta is something I cannot eat!! Tried it once......let`s just say it wasn't pleasant few seconds later :laughing:...….I love creamy gravy that is peppery.....lol.....and the sausage gravy in Sapphire was lovely and quite peppery too......but to each their own.....I would love the fried chicken, mash and gravy....the rest not so much!!!!

As for gator......no. Just no. I rate it along the lines of snake...….never. Not in a million years.....I do eat things like kangaroo and other so called exotic meats, but no thanks to reptiles...….:sick: And Catfish!!!!! Who knew a fish could taste so bad......the only other fish I really don't like is Swordfish.....some friends brought some round when we had a barbecue few years ago......not for me either...….the piece I ate ended up in a hankie :duck:

Er, slightly.........staff in the place were lovely, and yes food was excellent.....::yes:: Just not a place I`d go back to.

Love me some cheese curds (and poutine, and biscuits and sausage gravy even though I hate sausage....and catfish - though I know that is a love it or hate it fish) LOL
DH and I loved Raglan road. Food was excellent and the staff at the bar took great care of us. I have a sulfite allergy (no wine for me :( ) and the manager came out and double checked everything for me.

Last edited:
Ok 5'7" is like a giant to us vertically challenged folks.

Cheese curds arent what you think. Had my first Wisconsin cheese curds this year. They fried one are like mozarella sticks but more delicious. The plain ones, well there is just no way to describe them, but the squeakier the better.

Love me some cheese curds (and poutine, and biscuits and sausage gravy even though I hate sausage....and catfish - though I know that is a love it or hate it fish) LOL
DH and I loved Raglan road. Food was excellent and the staff at the bar took great care of us. I have a sulfite allergy (no wine for me :( ) and the manager came out and double checked everything for me.

No wine :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: :sad2:

I keep saying my allergies could be worse, it could be wine!!!!

I`m beginning to see catfish is that kind of fish.....love it or hate it......not for me at all. I do love sausage though and love those little sausage links from the breakfast buffet......very peppery.....

Looking forward to biscuits and gravy again!!!!!

Ok 5'7" is like a giant to us vertically challenged folks.

Cheese curds arent what you think. Had my first Wisconsin cheese curds this year. They fried one are like mozarella sticks but more delicious. The plain ones, well there is just no way to describe them, but the squeakier the better.

lol.....I never really consider myself particularly tall....but I guess it is.....I`m not the tallest of my friends but most are around the same size except one...she is only 5`2.....in group pictures she is either sitting or wants to stand on something...…

Squeaky cheese????? Now I`m really not sure...….:rotfl:

Despite seeing a lot of people as we came in, there didn't seem to be massive crowds anywhere today.....we kept wondering again where everyone was......it is a park that disperses people well, but even so...…

Again, walking into Diagon Alley is a wonderful feeling.....we do try and recapture that very first time where it blew us away as we first set foot into this amazing creation...…..it truly assaults your senses in every way.....in a good way of course...….

i-24HKPmG-XL.jpg

Although we don't eat in the Potter restaurants, the aroma of the lunch being cooked is tempting...…but, food in both Potter restaurants is very weird to us......I`ve never seen beef and lamb served in the same dish before and salad with any winter dish is just wrong.…...it`s a shame people think this is typical British food......yes, there are some similarities....fish and chips, although it `s wedges they serve here, are certainly British, but a little different of course. So, nothing to tempt us here……….

i-NmJPVDK-XL.jpg

But, like the other Potter area, the windows are ornately adorned with scenes and artefacts from the movies.....Molly Weasley`s knitting for example is just one that has been addressed and intricately designed to amuse.

i-p7vxJWf-XL.jpg

We could hear the low rumble of the dragon getting ready to spew fire again......and we turn to see it of course, as everyone does…….well, most people...…

i-qt2VnzF-XL.jpg

As the dragon roars and fire billows out.....one woman beside us, right underneath the flame, screams her head off as she wasn't expecting it...….it starts a Mexican wave of screaming around us, the woman beside her gets such a shock she screams..........two kids follow suit then another seems to scream in sympathy...……and they were loud!!!

I found it hilarious!!!!!

And even the woman who screamed originally was laughing now...…..

So we wandered around a little more and enjoyed the heat again and it did look a little busier now......but still not the Spring Break crowds we`d been expecting...…

i-38PJNQH-XL.jpg

i-SV92wrc-XL.jpg

We wanted to go on Gringotts and it was surprisingly busy.....I can`t remember the time for the regular line, but it took us around 30 minutes from beginning to end in the EP line.....still not too bad...…

People often ask us if we use the app and watch the times, we don't......looking at them, they `re not always accurate and to be honest with EP it`s not an issue...…

The ride was fun as always......again, we wish the so called drop was steeper.....for some it does seem to be steep enough, but not for us...….it`s barely a drop really....but the ride itself is a lot of fun. I never feel it`s rough, you are kinda swooshed around more than being thrown really......the line is fun too and incredibly well themed.

We came back out after getting our items out of the locker and we seemed to have discovered again where the crowds were...…..it had got a little more crowded in the 30 minutes we had been in the ride.

i-98rz7jV-XL.jpg

We started to wander towards the entrance to Knockturn Alley and I was turning to head that way and suddenly I was engulfed by Mr Giant Backpack...…..he was throwing it as swiftly as he could onto his back and hadn't checked to see if anyone was around.....I had seen him and moved back a bit, but a woman had stopped and he knocked her almost to the ground...…..

Tom caught her arm to stop her falling all the way to the ground and her husband had a go at Mr Giant Backpack who seemed oblivious to even being near the woman...….unbelievably the guy just turned and walked away with his wife and child......not an apology or even an acknowledgement he had bashed her...….

I genuinely have no clue what a person carries in these giant kit backs...….people who climb Mount Everest don't take as much with them!!!! But, how rude and inconsiderate...…

We did see a lot of folks again carrying so much stuff and some in strollers too......those that argue they need the strollers to carry all their stuff should consider what it would be like if every single person who entered the parks did the same thing!!! It would be bedlam...….

I love this little teapot that spouts steam all the time beside the ice cream parlour….....….like so many things, it is so cute and detailed.

Like her or not, JK Rowling certainly came up with some amazing ideas and Universal alongside her made this whole spectacular world totally amazing.

i-C2ZnvnQ-XL.jpg

i-72KgCFF-XL.jpg

The Fountain of Fair Fortune is a nice little place, and sells Butterbeer along side some regular beers. We do hear people come in and ask what they sell in here....lol......

i-fdRCLXk-XL.jpg

i-4vCWNKM-XL.jpg

i-3N8qztv-XL.jpg

i-sSRbvJR-XL.jpg

Into Knockturn Alley we go into Borgin and Burkes for a wander......it is very unique and very dark.....

i-XHDqXc8-XL.jpg

I love a nice spiral staircase...…..

i-L97nf9c-XL.jpg

Watch the hand if you can if you haven't seen it before...…..it`s quite cool...….although if you`ve seen the movies you`ll know what happens....

i-XbG7T8c-XL.jpg

i-2mfMw6c-XL.jpg

i-z53ZCsW-XL.jpg

i-BWs82Tn-XL.jpg

The rest of Knockturn Alley is very photogenic and lends itself to be pictured from every angle...something I`m sure we`ve done...…and every corner of the place has so many details that are expansive to the movies, it is incredible to see.

i-hFqvj6z-XL.jpg

The weirdly angled window display is a very cute spell where folks can make the skeleton dance and move around......it seems to be one of the easier spells and everyone manages it with ease from what we`ve seen.

i-nVHtZ7P-XL.jpg

We head outside and it is glorious...….the sun is shining and the weather is so hot......it is almost the perfect day outside...….

The sign writer is in the sky trying to post a message that will apparently save our souls...….it must be aimed at Disney as the writing is back to front.....I guess he thinks with Universal Dark side folks, it might be too late for us to be saved...…..I often wonder if these religious people could do more good with the money that it must cost to fly up there and spray the sky with silly messages.

i-DLzrRFs-XL.jpg

We really are just wandering around today now, we pass MiB and just admire the scenery round the parks on this side....I`m not the biggest fan of that ride....I will go on it, but those type of rides don't thrill me....

i-CsnNC4m-XL.jpg

i-3gqjbgN-XL.jpg

Round in the night show viewing area you can see the Back to the Future train clearly......and it is so quiet here usually during the day.....it is an ideal spot for watching the night show, but just too busy for us....feels very crowded for us, but you do get the best view.

i-ctP58Xs-XL.jpg

And I look over and can still see my favourite item that was saved when Jaws disappeared.....he used to stand proud in Amity which is still missed a lot.....not just from Jaws fans, but it was a beautiful little area that screamed seaside town out loud!!!! And Nathan`s hotdogs were there which we did enjoy back in 2007.....

i-239gpdc-XL.jpg

I love the view over the lagoon here...…….it is so pretty and gives you a good overview of this area of the park...…

i-jQk6Xwm-XL.jpg

I am so unobservant at times...…..I was leaning on the wall looking over and Tom said watch your face......and I glanced to the side slightly and saw this little buddy just sitting and watching me with no concern at all.....

I guess they`re used to folks who will generally feed them or just leave them alone...….I wouldn't dream of trying to touch it, I would get pecked rather nastily if I did, I have no doubts.....would have been my own fault too.

i-R6fbPcb-XL.jpg

I moved as gently as I could so as not to alarm it, and we wandered away and the little duck just made himself more comfortable and closed his eyes...….so cute.....

i-kK96k5V-XL.jpg

i-PMsDPZj-XL.jpg

Next up...….lunch!!!!

Oh, my goodness, I've just read through your whole TR over the past few days and it is incredible! We leave for our first Universal trip in one week and your post has made me even more excited. We are staying at Sapphire Falls, and could only afford one day of EP, so I'm hoping the crowds aren't too bad. We are traveling down to Orlando from Connecticut and while it looks like it could be rainy next week, at least the temps should be about 30-40 degrees warmer than they are here. Hopefully the sun shines a bit, I could use an afternoon by the pool with a fruity drink in my hand. Your pictures and food descriptions are incredible and now I just can't wait! Thank you for your time and effort - it looks like such a glorious trip! We only have 4 days - 2 weeks would be divine!

Tom was supposed to choose the lunch option today, but he said really he` be happy to eat anywhere so I should decide where I`d like to eat.....he`s so easy to please...…

He does loves sandwiches......honestly, if I gave him a sandwich for dinner every night he`d be happy....long as I threw in a steak every now and again......lol......so I thought I`d surprise him and take him to a place we hadn't eaten before....Bread Box in Citywalk…….

We had heard lots of good things about it, and we just hadn't gotten around to do it before......so that was our lunch choice today...….Tom was thrilled...…

We first stopped in to the UOAP lounge......we had heard a lot and had looked in last trip, but never properly went in...….there really isn't much to it really......you can charge your phone or device and chill out a little. There are a couple of complimentary items but we didn't even look at them.....one thing people don't seem to like is you have to buy the products on offer....all the drinks are for purchase......which is fine, but a lot of people come in expecting it to be complimentary......I feel for the TM who have to constantly explain, no, you have to pay.

There is no bathroom, but there is one close by at the exit, but you do expect a bathroom in something that calls itself a lounge.

i-ZgzJXP2-XL.jpg

i-35L7C3r-XL.jpg

i-RjrCJf4-XL.jpg

We had a brief chat with the woman on the till, and then left....I doubt we`d use it again as we don't have a phone with us during our trips......and they do check you have an AP before you enter.

Schwabs Pharmacy is somewhere we have never set foot in...….usually because it`s closed!!!! But, today it is finally open and although we don't plan to buy anything, we do have a wander in....mainly because it might not be open for our next visit!!!

i-3VNh54Q-XL.jpg

i-dzrdNVN-XL.jpg

I do like the theme in here...….exactly as it should be......and if it was open I`d come back for an ice cream or milk shake for sure...…..

i-5z5MgGr-XL.jpg

When I was describing where Bread Box was, Tom couldn't work out where it was.....we very rarely go up to that area for food......many years ago we had gone to the Panda Express up there....but it was maybe 10 years ago......but once we climbed the steps he knew where I meant...

i-XDfGDXT-XL.jpg

We were also glad to get out of the heat today!!!! Yes, we felt it really hot...….

The place itself is lovely.....very casual and it had a menu for everyone.....there really was a huge choice....I hadn't studied the menu before hand so it was all new to me...….

We scrupulously studied the menu as to which treat we would enjoy today...….and eventually we took a menu and went and sat down to decide......this could take a while...….

However, we eventually chose and Tom went up to order for us...….

There was quite a line now, and it was heartening to see some Universal staff having lunch here....I asked one how the food was and he said fabulous....best sandwich around....okaydok…….

i-FXb4ZBG-XL.jpg

I chose the Buffalo Chicken on white, with no blue cheese, replaced by ranch dressing, with fries......Tom opted for the Pastrami on rye with tater tots...…..and an orange fanta each...…

Once you pay, you go sit and they bring the food over to your table...…so we had a chance to have a look around the place and of course take some pictures...…

i-K8tWkp3-XL.jpg

i-jv3R8wM-XL.jpg

We didn't have long to wait for lunch to appear...…..

And it did look good...…..

i-4NVnNwf-XL.jpg

i-XJQZQwZ-XL.jpg

I don't know what type of bread the white was, but it was beautiful on it`s own....I usually leave the bun or bread whenever I eat things like this, but this was lovely...…..and the chicken was perfect......fries were hot, fresh and crisp. Tom`s sandwich was happiness on a plate according to him...….he really is easy to please.....

I was glad we had come here......it`s not somewhere I would visit every time, but I would go back again on another trip.....

Looking over Citywalk area is something we don't do very often.....we don't spend an awful lot of time up here as we don't really eat at any of the places on offer.....but you do get a good view around the surrounding areas......

i-XVcFQvd-XL.jpg

i-JJBWWcS-XL.jpg

Antojitos is somewhere we keep meaning to pop in and have a drink…..not a fan of Mexican food at all, and having to omit onions isn't easy from a lot of dishes.....but we hear such good reports about it and many seem to enjoy the food and atmosphere.....I just like the colours of the building...simple things...

Isn`t it pretty!!!!

i-ZVSch8q-XL.jpg

Once we have explored a little we go for a boat....although we are near the walking path for RP, we could have walked to there and then walk the inside path in the cool......but we went for the boat...

And there was a boat there for every hotel today.....very unusual......so we got on the Sapphire boat and he drove off as soon as we were aboard.....he joked he was waiting just for us.....lol...….then he asked when we were going home with an "are you still here" look..........we get that a lot during our stays.....and some of the boat Captains we know fairly well...but this guy we`ve known for years.....

i-XnP8vW5-XL.jpg

Our boat ride was short and sweet and then we were home......in the cool......it felt so hot today, I was glad we weren't still in the parks.....

Straight along to our room, it had been long cleaned and tidied...….and our delivery had been made with our purchases, so we popped that over by the suitcases to be packed much later...….

I collected our laundry and sorted it....this was our plan for this afternoon......laundry.

I guess, technically speaking I didn't HAVE to do it.....but a lot of the clothes we had worn, we wanted to wear again.....so it was a must do job for me......I am one of these annoying people who never lets their laundry pile up and do keep on top of it.....doesn't mean I enjoy it though!!!! And no different on vacation.....when we are here for two or our usual 3 weeks, laundry is just part of the regime...….

We put the two loads in separate bags and get the elevator down to the ground floor.....it is a bit like being in the depths of darkness down here.....it`s not that bad really, but I wouldn't like to be down here and I can hear a dog barking as we pass...…

The laundry in Sapphire is bigger than RP and has loads of washers and dryers.....and it is totally empty this time of the day...…..

i-CsWJT8n-XL.jpg

The wash can take 45 minutes and the dryer goes for an hour, so it can take you almost two hours of your day to do this.....and I guess for some it`s not worth it.....

i-t7WvZN8-XL.jpg

I love the views from these windows...….it is such a beautiful view over the lagoon and you can see the water wheel too...it really is a beautiful resort.....

i-q4ks2WX-XL.jpg

We are meeting someone we have known a few years now, very brief meeting....and we haven't seen them for a year or so....and they are shy......so no pictures of them...….but we always enjoy saying a quick hello whenever we get the chance...…..so we had said we`d meet them in the lobby...….always a lovely area to sit.

i-Zm56RZL-XL.jpg

i-69R4SQj-XL.jpg

We sat over in front of Sapphire and waited a few moments.....and the next hour passed by quickly......it`s lovely when someone takes time out of their day to meet you......and I`m sure we would meet this person later in the year...…

For now, I had popped back down and out the wash into the dryer....although some things I don`t put in as they shrink, so I dropped them back in the room and hung them up over the tub...….

We said goodbye back in the lobby and then went back to our room...…

Tonight we were going to The Palm......one of our favourite onsite restaurants......so, we did have a little half hour snooze and then planned to shower and change before setting off later.

Oh, my goodness, I've just read through your whole TR over the past few days and it is incredible! We leave for our first Universal trip in one week and your post has made me even more excited. We are staying at Sapphire Falls, and could only afford one day of EP, so I'm hoping the crowds aren't too bad. We are traveling down to Orlando from Connecticut and while it looks like it could be rainy next week, at least the temps should be about 30-40 degrees warmer than they are here. Hopefully the sun shines a bit, I could use an afternoon by the pool with a fruity drink in my hand. Your pictures and food descriptions are incredible and now I just can't wait! Thank you for your time and effort - it looks like such a glorious trip! We only have 4 days - 2 weeks would be divine!

WELCOME along to you Tebrown96...….:)

Nice to see you post here, and thank you for the lovely compliments...…

You`re at Universal next week for the first time...….wow.....good to hear, you must be bursting with excitement...….oh gosh yes, you have colder weather there, so it`s bound to be better!!!! We spoke to a friend there yesterday and he said it was 92F!!!! That's fairly hot...….lol...….

I hope you have a wonderful trip.....I have more pictures of Sapphire in other trip reports if you`re interested.....all trip reports are listed in my signature......it`s a beautiful hotel, and although I think RP is still our favourite, we love Sapphire Falls......everything about it says vacation!!!!

We`re back there at Sapphire in 4 weeks for another two week trip....and we are also so excited and looking forward to be back again too...….

Hope you enjoy the rest, I am trying to get it finished in record time as we are away again so quickly...…

Enjoy...….and lovely to see you post......:wave2:

We both snoozed a little.....not for very long at all, and certainly not two hours like the previous snooze!!!

Once we woke up, we showered and took it easy as our reservation wasn't till 7.30 tonight. This is the only reservation we ever make while we are on our trips to Orlando, certainly onsite anyway. Our only other reservations are for offsite places like Ocean Prime.....they are always incredibly busy like The Palm...…

We had a glass of the wine that Lori gave us the other night while we were getting ready and very nice it was too...….

We truly loved the space this suite afforded us, we could relax, get ready and having two bathrooms is always nice...….Tom sat on the sofa watching tv while I finished getting ready between the bedroom and my own bathroom as it had become...…..I did like that. But, the space we had with it, was fabulous. It made down time in the room even more pleasurable.

We wandered through to the lobby around 7 to get the ODC service to take us over to the HRH...….one of the lads gets ready to go get our car before we can even say anything, we manage to stop him and tell him we would like an ODC...…..he says it`ll be a few minutes before he can get one to us. A few minutes later he appears with the house car and says he`ll take us over as the ODC are busy and one wouldn't be back in time to get us there for our reservation...….very nice of him and we are very appreciative.

On the way over he tells us a little about himself and boy do these kids work hard...….between college and work, they don't have a lot of free time......we can sympathise as we saw how hard Kyle worked to get his degree.....well worth it though.

We get to the HRH and thank him profusely, and we set off inside...…

This is not my favourite hotel.....I`ve never felt I wanted to stay here and every visit we make here seems to validate our decision.....it doesn't have enough of a resort feel to me and lacks the warmth we feel at the other resorts such as RP, Sapphire and even PBH......but it does have one of the best onsite restaurants in The Palm.

i-mS3Wk4k-XL.jpg

I have lightened the pictures a little, as the lobby area is a little dark and moody.....and that's exactly how it`s supposed to look according to the manager when we spoke to him.....lol.....I`ll take his word for it.

i-zhBb55R-XL.jpg

A quick pop into the store to grab a picture of one of my music heroes...…..thanks to older brothers, I was educated in the joy of music from Kiss from an early age......of course the gimmick of the make up was an additional interest to me.……

i-4pg6RvN-XL.jpg

We wandered down to be in nice time for our reservation......and walked in to notice that Lauren, who has been there for years isn't there again. She wasn't there in December either and I did wonder if she was still there as it was strange to go twice and miss her both times...…..

The young lady on the desk was perfectly fine, and she handed us over to someone else to take us to our table. I had forgotten to request a booth, but we were always given one either arranged by Lauren or the waitress we usually have, Joyce.

Tonight she escorted us to the middle of the main room, away from the booths....and it`s always quite noisy over here, which is one of the reasons we prefer the booths...….but tonight, it was unbelievably noisy......there was no way we could even have heard each other speak...…

I said to the girl could we have a booth for the reasons I just mentioned......this wasn't going to be the lovely experience it usually was if we were straining to hear each other...…..she didn't look overly happy and said wait here I`ll see what I can do...…..I wasn't going to stand for too long so we followed her and she did indeed have a booth for us......there were 2 or 3 free, so it wasn't that they were completely full.

If she hadn't been able to do that I honestly said to Tom we would have apologised and left the restaurant......it was that loud!!!! I know there`s nothing they can do about the noise of people, especially as she explained there were several large groups in tonight....but we didn't want to sit in the middle of them all.

We were seated and our waiter Carlos came over......I asked him how Joyce was and said it was usually her we had, he said it was her night off...….what a shame as we really like her.....she`s attentive without being fussy and is very down to earth, we like her a lot and always manage to have a good chat with her.

But, I was sure we had Carlos many years ago...…..

He handed me the wine list and I said I didn't need it, and ordered our usual bottle of Hands of Time chardonnay...….it might be boring, but we know we like it...….

Our water waiter brings us bread and we do nibble a little of it tonight...….the dark one with the sultanas was beautiful....more like a crisp bread really....and the cheese one is nice too.....but we don't eat too much of it, tempting as it is.....

i-c5mn6Bh-XL.jpg

Our wine is brought over and he offers me the taste and not Tom which, again, I always appreciate....and of course it was just perfect as always...…

i-mjQLFCc-XL.jpg

This restaurant has the most attentive water waiters ever!!! Usually you take a sip and someone appears behind you to refill the tiny gap!!! But tonight I had drank a whole glass within a few minutes and was surprised when it took a while to be filled up.....not a problem of course, but I just noticed it.

The wine was lovely.....it always is.

Tonight I had decided not to order the jumbo shrimp cocktail as I usually do......but went for an appetiser that Tom has enjoyed several times.....the bacon wrapped scallops, and Tom went the beautifully sublime Lobster Bisque...…..this is just heavenly...…..I hoped I didn't regret not getting my usual...….

We sat for a little while before the appetisers come out, which we don't mind as we like to sit and chat and while the evening away...….and of course over in the booths we can actually hear ourselves think. The noise that was coming from the centre area was noisy. I think this was the noisiest we had ever heard it in here....

Gabe stopped by our table to say hello, he had remembered serenading me twice on my birthday, very nice man who is such a gentleman...….

i-LwBF8gf-XL.jpg

Our appetisers arrived and I have to say.....this was the most unappealing appetiser I had ever seen.....I thought he had brought me the stuffed mushrooms by mistake........the dish was nothing like the ones Tom had enjoyed previously...….but I think the bacon was just overcooked.....as long as the scallops weren't overdone, I`d be happy...…..

i-ztK5cz6-XL.jpg

Tom`s lobster bisque is an attractive dish......the waiter brings the plate with just the lobster on it and then rather theatrically pours the bisque into the bowl from a rather strange looking receptacle that resembles a small teapot......but the effect is nice...….

I know who got the better looking appetiser tonight.

i-33FPnKg-XL.jpg

We share both dishes between us as usual....although I did try to take a few more spoons of the bisque than normal, much to his mock annoyance that my spoon was in his bowl too often lol and I did get this look, only not as dramatic...…

The scallops were average tonight......not sure why, but the bacon was definitely overcooked, and to be honest scallops don't really need to be wrapped in bacon...they are a decent stand alone dish......but they weren't overcooked which I was glad of. But, something was amiss with it......not enough to complain or anything like that......but a 7 out of 10 instead of a 10. I wish I`d got my shrimp!!!!

For our entrée I had gone for my usual standard of the 9oz filet, served medium rare......and Tom again went for the Chairman`s Reserve, which is an 18oz boneless Ribeye served medium...….and we would again share the three cheese au gratin dish, and we asked for the individual potion between us as it is big enough....the family style portion is rather large.......

i-PJX9tcX-XL.jpg

i-fktzp6F-XL.jpg

And again, there was a decent space between courses which we like...…..and our steaks arrive and they are beautiful......the steaks here really are worth paying for.....they melt when you cut into them, I don't think I even needed a knife for mine...….

The ribeye having a bit more substance and not as delicate as the filet, was a little more flavoursome for sure....but not as delicate…….I`d prefer to stick to the filet......but it was lovely...…..and the potato was nuclear hot as always but very well cooked.

i-zfBH2ZV-XL.jpg

We fully enjoyed both steaks and when we were done........we were done...…..our plates were cleared away and we sat back and contemplated what a beautiful meal it had been...….

The wine was finished and Carlos asked us if we wanted dessert......I said we would like 15 minutes or so decide if we had room......who were we kidding....we`d have room...…..but right now it would be a bit of a struggle...

The manager Christian who again, has been here for years came over to check everything was good for us so far, we said yes it was as always. The scallops had long been forgotten...….the steaks had taken over that memory...….I asked him if Lauren was still with them, and he said regretfully she wasn't......she had left towards the end of last year......I was sad to hear that as she remembered everybody......even Christian said she had a superhuman memory and she could see a phone number come up on the phone and she almost always recognised it if they had called before......she really was like that......we had conversations with her where she would ask something we may have barely mentioned before......she will be missed not only by staff but by guests too.

Shortly after Carlos came back and we said we`d like to share the crème brulee…..this is my favourite dessert from The Palm......Tom likes it a lot too, but I think he`d prefer the cheesecake or one of the chocolate desserts him and Kyle usually enjoy. The flourless chocolate cake and the seven layer cake both got top marks from Kyle.....praise indeed!!!!

Soon after our lovely dessert appeared and it looked lovely...….it is sweet without being too sweet, and a truly decadent, creamy brulee without being cloying and thick...….and the glaze on the top had a good crack when you hit it with the spoon.…..as it should be.....

i-njD3Cdj-XL.jpg

I think I got the bigger portion......but Tom reminded me he had enjoyed a much larger steak than I did, which was true......but even so......I like to share...…..

We did clear the plate and we asked Carlos for the check when we were done......which he duly brought over and rather sensibly handed the check to Tom.....lol...…

We paid and thanked him again for looking after us tonight......he wasn't my favourite waiter ever, but he was alright.

A quick bathroom visit and we set off outside to wait for an ODC which at The HRH is always a trial......I believe only once we managed to get one immediately. And tonight was no different...….they said we`d have to wait but we were next in line...…

And we waited....in shoes on hard concrete which wasn't fun......then two women came and stood beside us and lit up cigarettes...….I was about to tell them they couldn't smoke here, the DSA was over the road.....but one of the valet guys was on them very quickly......they weren't happy to move as they said it was cold out there......tough. But they did go.

One of the valet guys again, like earlier appeared with the hotel car and said he`d take us over to Royal as we`d be waiting ages.......what a lovely young man he was. He was a genuinely so nice and a very humorous young man. Of course traffic was a nightmare at this time of night......on a Friday night too, but he managed to weave us safely home......or so we thought......we had said Royal Pacific and not Sapphire Falls.....pure habit.....lol.....so when we turned in to RP......we said oops.....

He saw the funny side of it thankfully...…..but we felt so silly...….we do joke when we arrive on our first day there will be one time we`ll go to the wrong hotel...….this wasn't just as bad!!!!

A quick turnaround and we were on the few moments drive round to Sapphire...….ah, that's better...….he got an extra good tip!!!! He must have thought we were crazy...…..

It wasn't late so we went into Strong Water Bar...….there is always a lovely welcome in here for you....and tonight we planned to order two glasses of wine, but we ordered a bottle and said we would take our time.....and we did...…..

We sat there till late, very late...….SW Bar opens till 2am, although we didn't see that time.....but we were there till after midnight...….it was so lovely, sitting and sipping the wine and chatting to all the staff who all came over to say hello at one point or another...…..we always enjoy our time in here......and we really weren't ready to go to bed tonight......but, just after midnight is late enough for us...….

Like the proverbial show Cheers, we said goodnight to everyone we know which takes us a few minutes.....lol.....and now I`m yawning my head off...….it was also quite busy despite the late hour.....which I guess isn't that late for most folks...…..

Back in our room we put the water in the fridge again from turndown and grab two cold little bottles and drink them.....although we didn't feel the effects of the wine tonight which was a good thing, we still like to drink some water...….

Now we won`t wake up dehydrated and thirsty in the middle of the night....and we had drank gallons of water in The Palm too...….I`m too old for any kind of hangover...and haven't had one in many. many years.....not my thing at all.

But, once we drank some more water from the fridge we got ready for bed......and now we were shattered.....I think I fell asleep brushing my teeth at one point...…...but made it back to bed and don't think we even said goodnight to each other..………

What we would do tomorrow.....we had no idea, but we had certainly had a wonderful day today and a wonderful week since we arrived......…..

We added the Palm to our trip last week on your recommendation. I should have gotten the shrimp cocktail too! I ordered a salad that was just okay.
I have to agree the creme brulee was divine. We also got the chocolate layer cake, but I found it dry for my tastes (I like super moist, fudgy chocolate).
The meal busted our budget a bit, but we would do it again!

We added the Palm to our trip last week on your recommendation. I should have gotten the shrimp cocktail too! I ordered a salad that was just okay.
I have to agree the creme brulee was divine. We also got the chocolate layer cake, but I found it dry for my tastes (I like super moist, fudgy chocolate).
The meal busted our budget a bit, but we would do it again!

That’s a shame the chocolate cake wasn’t good.......you should have sent it back, because when Tom and Kyle had it, it wasnt dry in the slightest, it was very moist and the chocolate was very fudgy....that’s the way they like it....I don’t care for it at all as it is too rich.

I’ve never ordered a salad from there.....far too healthy.......we always have steak ::yes::

Yes, Creme brûlée is beautiful!

There is NOTHING weird about toast with cream cheese and grape jelly. I love a bagel that way. Glad there are still a few of us 'normal' people out there.:rotfl2:
Of course I only like powdered sugar and grape jelly on French Toast as well....:confused3

Cracker barrell is definitely hit or miss depending on the location but for many northerners, it was the only place to get ‘southern’ food for years. In my mind the sausage gravy needs both pepper & hot sauce lol. Greens done right are another delicacy, not to be confused with the ubiquitous kale invasion.

Not sure if it’s me but a good portion of last few updates have the dread IMGx in lieu of pictures. Will check back later.

I’ve sampled those spiral taters on stick in various seasonings elsewhere as street food and they’ve been good, but not what i’d Call great. Can’t say any of the U food trucks put out what I’d call a stellar product. They’ve had a few years to get it right, not sure what’s going on there. Thankfully, other options available.

We often stop at bread box just as it opens on way into the parks & split a roast beef or turkey sammie to take the edge off, our version of brunch lol.

Need to check back to see if i can view the purse being referenced, bag lady I am :). Always excited to see your other tote one, drool.

That’s a shame the chocolate cake wasn’t good.......you should have sent it back, because when Tom and Kyle had it, it wasnt dry in the slightest, it was very moist and the chocolate was very fudgy....that’s the way they like it....I don’t care for it at all as it is too rich.

I’ve never ordered a salad from there.....far too healthy.......we always have steak ::yes::

Yes, Creme brûlée is beautiful!
My husband, older son, and daughter all ate the chocolate layer cake and didn't complain, so maybe it was just my taste or maybe it was just a little dry but still good? I didn't want to send it back because then I would have had more competition for the Creme brûlée!
Now I just spent far too long thinking of the dream order for next time.

Cracker barrell is definitely hit or miss depending on the location but for many northerners, it was the only place to get ‘southern’ food for years. In my mind the sausage gravy needs both pepper & hot sauce lol. Greens done right are another delicacy, not to be confused with the ubiquitous kale invasion.

Not sure if it’s me but a good portion of last few updates have the dread IMGx in lieu of pictures. Will check back later.

I’ve sampled those spiral taters on stick in various seasonings elsewhere as street food and they’ve been good, but not what i’d Call great. Can’t say any of the U food trucks put out what I’d call a stellar product. They’ve had a few years to get it right, not sure what’s going on there. Thankfully, other options available.

We often stop at bread box just as it opens on way into the parks & split a roast beef or turkey sammie to take the edge off, our version of brunch lol.

Need to check back to see if i can view the purse being referenced, bag lady I am :). Always excited to see your other tote one, drool.

You can’t see some of the pictures??? I just looked back and I can see them all.......

Anyone else not see some pictures?? Not that I’d know how to fix it anyway.......lol........

Post 451 is a picture of the bag.......I always giggle as it’s not a well known brand at all and everyone says who??? Lol.....doesn’t bother me as I like unique........

Yes, the food on offer from the pop up places haven’t been thrilling at all.......wouldn’t bother again. Although we have decided not to do Mardi Gras next year.........it was too cold at night and some days too....and you know I love the heat!!! And the parade itself isn’t enough to bring us there that time of year.......so we decided to extend the May trip into maybe just over three weeks.......

I love hot sauce and add it to almost everything......but never thought on adding it to gravy......lol.......but pepper yes, love a load of pepper in most dishes!

Bread Box was good, and we’ll definitely go back........:thumbsup2

My husband, older son, and daughter all ate the chocolate layer cake and didn't complain, so maybe it was just my taste or maybe it was just a little dry but still good? I didn't want to send it back because then I would have had more competition for the Creme brûlée!
Now I just spent far too long thinking of the dream order for next time.

Lol.....yes, Tom and Kyle were glad I didn’t want to share it with them either........::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter