14 NIGHTS SAPPHIRE FALLS...MARDI GRAS-MINIONS-HARRY & MORE...MARCH 2019 TR

10 more sleeps!:cheer2:
Can't wait to go to Orlando with you all:banana:

And now I’m up this morning..........it’s 9 more sleeps........:D

It’ll be lovely having you read along with us too.........

I keep getting confused as we usually leave on a Thursday and fly on a Friday.......but this time we leave Friday and fly on a Saturday! My brain gets mixed up with this .......lol......doesn’t take much!!!

Hi Carole- Enjoying your pre trip reports! Can’t wait for the airplane pics!!!!
Looks like Orlando has warmed up in the last two weeks!!! Fingers crossed for amazing weather.

Brenda:flower1:

Hi Carole- Enjoying your pre trip reports! Can’t wait for the airplane pics!!!!
Looks like Orlando has warmed up in the last two weeks!!! Fingers crossed for amazing weather.

Brenda:flower1:

Hi Brenda.........:)

Lol.......I promise to take lots in the plane.......you can admonish me if I don’t lol.......although I usually just ask Tom as he is so much better at pictures than I am........

Yes, the weather is picking up nicely.......bright blue skies would be gorgeous.......heat would be fabulous!!! ::yes::

Getting excited!!!

It really is so close!!!!

Yes, they do get a bad rap ::yes::............cos they eat you!!! :laughing:

Them and snakes.........:scared1:

Don’t think it’s legal in the US to ‘wear’ them anymore, but the faux items can be stylish.

Do hear they are good eatin’, wash ‘em down with some frog legs:faint:

It really is so close!!!!

Yes, they do get a bad rap ::yes::............cos they eat you!!! :laughing:

Them and snakes.........:scared1:

OMG I hate snakes! My cat was bit by a water moccasin and almost died before we got him to the doctor. I was bit IN BED! By a brown recluse spider and 1/2 my face swelled up before I made it to the ER. And don’t get me started on frogs, yuk. Why do I live in Florida?

Don’t think it’s legal in the US to ‘wear’ them anymore, but the faux items can be stylish.

Do hear they are good eatin’, wash ‘em down with some frog legs:faint:

Ugh......first time I saw gator bites in a menu on 2007, I thought it was a joke.....had no clue folks actually ate it.......not for me.....ever!!! Bet it tastes like chicken...........:laughing:

Yes, not sure it’s illegal here......but not for me.....not a snake/alligator design or any animal object.....fake or otherwise......:)

OMG I hate snakes! My cat was bit by a water moccasin and almost died before we got him to the doctor. I was bit IN BED! By a brown recluse spider and 1/2 my face swelled up before I made it to the ER. And don’t get me started on frogs, yuk. Why do I live in Florida?

Yep, detest things like that.......anything like that gives me the willies!!!!

Ouch.......sounds nasty!!

We have brown recluse spiders bad here in Oklahoma! And black widows. I'm constantly vacuuming and going around baseboards and shaking out shoes before we put them on during spring and summer. Ugh. I hate spiders.

Last year I smooshed one and literally 3 billion babies scattered. I screamed like a little girl and just started whacking the ground with a shoe like a mad person. My fiance laughed at me.

Ugh......first time I saw gator bites in a menu on 2007, I thought it was a joke.....had no clue folks actually ate it.......not for me.....ever!!! Bet it tastes like chicken...........:laughing:

It does, but chewier! I had gator andouille sausage in New Orleans at a wedding a few weeks ago... not my thing :)

We have brown recluse spiders bad here in Oklahoma! And black widows. I'm constantly vacuuming and going around baseboards and shaking out shoes before we put them on during spring and summer. Ugh. I hate spiders.

Last year I smooshed one and literally 3 billion babies scattered. I screamed like a little girl and just started whacking the ground with a shoe like a mad person. My fiance laughed at me.

Oh my, that’s horrible. Did you get them all Up? Gives me nightmares just to think about it.

Hi Carole! Just thought I'd chime in on our personal Disney Springs (DTD to you) experiences. We've only tried Homecomin' & Morimoto Asia & love both of them. I know you were worried about the spice level for the fried chicken at Homecomin' but Chef Art has is own house made hot sauce available that you can add to your chicken to spice it up. I really enjoyed his food since we are huge fans of Southern style cooking. Our favorites from Morimoto Asia are the sticky ribs & peking duck. SO GOOD! We're early diners, so we're usually there before the crowd rolls in & we've had very good service. I can see how the servers can get overwhelmed as it is a HUGE space. We've never tried Jock Lindsey's or Boathouse, but have heard fairly good reviews on them as well.

I think you should stop at the Ganachery to bring home a treat for your Kyle since I've noticed he loves chocolate so much. Every treat we've brought home from that store has been a hit & while I know your not partial to chocolate from your reports, I think Kyle will enjoy it.

Hi Carole! Just thought I'd chime in on our personal Disney Springs (DTD to you) experiences. We've only tried Homecomin' & Morimoto Asia & love both of them. I know you were worried about the spice level for the fried chicken at Homecomin' but Chef Art has is own house made hot sauce available that you can add to your chicken to spice it up. I really enjoyed his food since we are huge fans of Southern style cooking. Our favorites from Morimoto Asia are the sticky ribs & peking duck. SO GOOD! We're early diners, so we're usually there before the crowd rolls in & we've had very good service. I can see how the servers can get overwhelmed as it is a HUGE space. We've never tried Jock Lindsey's or Boathouse, but have heard fairly good reviews on them as well.

I think you should stop at the Ganachery to bring home a treat for your Kyle since I've noticed he loves chocolate so much. Every treat we've brought home from that store has been a hit & while I know your not partial to chocolate from your reports, I think Kyle will enjoy it.

Thank you for that........I love hearing folks experiences of places we haven’t gone yet, or for many years.....

I think Homecomin sounds perfect actually.......spicy hot sauce is always a winner with us ::yes:: ......I think we can eliminate Morimoto as they apparently use MSG in some dishes and can’t guarantee it won’t be in any dish, so that’s an easy elimination as I have an allergy to that. But sticky ribs and Peking duck........lush!!!!

And thanks for the tip on the chocolate place......yes, I’m sure we would be able to get Kyle a few treats from there by the sounds of it.......I appreciate that thank you!!!!

Up in Scotland for my nephews wedding today......so excited about today!! He’s marrying a lovely girl and they make the most beautiful couple.........

Just getting ready now.......back home tomorrow night though, very quick visit.........:wave2:

It does, but chewier! I had gator andouille sausage in New Orleans at a wedding a few weeks ago... not my thing :)

Lol......me neither.......I suppose if I didn’t know what it was, but the mere thought of it makes me ill.........

I’ll stick to chicken!!! ::yes::

Yep, not fond of spiders either!!! Guess I was never going into the reptile or arachnid industries........lol......

Oh my I’d have been screaming too!! That’s horrific.......:scared1:

JOCK LINDSAYS HANGAR BAR
My personal favorite hangout. I have “my spot” outside on the boat and “my” drink and have “wings” from here.

The Backwater Bar to the side of Confisco Grill (one of our favourites) is excellent......James is a hoot behind the bar and they don't have a huge selection of cocktails, but they`re good and again, nice little snacks including a nachos....ideal snack size for two.....
love this place too!

Chez Alcatraz is right beside Bruce.....Jaws picture opportunity......they have amazing snacks, small bar and they have tables.....it`s an outdoor place so very weather dependent...
the strongest drink I had during HHN last year, whew it was a one drink night :laughing:
And what??! No Strongwater Tavern on this list:scared1:

The Haunted Mansion towels are in the store called Co-op, I believe, it is attached to Trend D and a few other neat little shops in the Market place area of DS.
Love this shop! Lots of HM stuff!

Strong Water Bar is one of our favourite bars in Orlando..
There it is!

you need backyard chickens! My girls eat everything! Even frogs -poor things- they pecked a snake a couple years ago until it gave up the frog it was trying to swallow, the hens then fought over the frog:faint:. Hmm haven’t seen the snake (common garden snake) in awhile. Hope he didn’t freeze this winter- keeps the mice and mole population down!

Sounds like a lovely trip Carole. Definitely get to Disney Springs but yeah- go early. It’s quite lovely now with lots of places to eat and shop. Loved Morimotos, we were going to do Boathouse or Homecomin last trip but neither really appealed to us in the moment. Don’t remember where we ended up that day...some where in LBV. We’ve done so many restaurants in DS over past two years yet have somehow never managed Boathouse or Homecomin yet lol.im hoping the “Citywalk 2.0” when Uni gets the the new park and hotels up and running is more expanded like Disney Springs.

And down to ?7 sleeps til overnight at airport?

I have binge read all your trip reports over the last week.... is it wrong of me to be sad to have finished!
Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely reports.
I’m so excited for your upcoming trip.
P.S I love your husbands smile .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter