14 NIGHTS SAPPHIRE FALLS...MARDI GRAS-MINIONS-HARRY & MORE...MARCH 2019 TR

I am coming to the UK in late May for a 15 day jaunt with Road Scholars through the Cotswolds and Cornwall! But I am also pumped to be flying PREMIUM on Virgin Atlantic - very posh - and your pics and reviews have gotten me so excited for that too. Glad to be returning to the UK after a very long hiatus and coming in such luxury style in Premium!

I am coming to the UK in late May for a 15 day jaunt with Road Scholars through the Cotswolds and Cornwall! But I am also pumped to be flying PREMIUM on Virgin Atlantic - very posh - and your pics and reviews have gotten me so excited for that too. Glad to be returning to the UK after a very long hiatus and coming in such luxury style in Premium!

Oh that sounds an amazing trip!!!

Cotswolds and Cornwall are two beautiful areas to visit.....two areas we would consider having our forever home in......both stunning in their own way!

And yes, VA premium is a lovely service......even if you`re not in the bubble, it is very nice......we are upstairs going out on our December trip this year, but downstairs coming home, both are excellent.....

I hope you have a wonderful trip and enjoy every second......and hope you get some lovely weather :)

We left Toon lagoon area and wandered past Dudley where we watched a few people get drenched.....no one comes off that ride dry either
The ride vehicles are so awkward to get in and out of......

Potter is one of the most jaw dropping places to visit......

I keep meaning to try the pumpkin pasty......it sounds so wrong.....but would still try it......but, we`re never hungry enough when we`re around this way as we always like to do the parks reasonably early.......maybe one day...…
We got back last Sunday - full week of work and now catching up on your TR :)
- we loved Dudly - had gone on JP, got a little wet, it was hot, and we were going back to the room for a break soon so said what the heck and rode Dudley next. Soaked to the bone and laughing hysterically! So then we rode the river raft twice in a row for good measure.

- I miss Diagon Alley so much already. A hotel employee had suggested to us that we do Hogsmeade first then DA because DA is just so amazing. Glad we listened.

- I had totally forgotten about the existance of the pumpkin pasties until our last ride on the train, and they mentioned them in the movie. I looked at my daughter and said - I need to go get one before we leave! Go glad I did. I tasted just like my favorite pumpkin pie filling in a really nice crust.

…..the little store that sells pearls and ancient fake artifacts is often quite devoid of people and has a definite uninhabited feeling about it...….I`m sure there is something rather wonderful waiting to be discovered here...

The woman that was working at the artifacts store (where they pound the little medallions) last Friday or Saturday evening (my days are blurring together right now) is the something rather wonderful you speak of. Earlier in the day DD (16) had left her phone and wallet in the bathroom at Seuss land, and we didn't notice until after we got off the little train ride. Long story short, phone and wallet with drivers permit turned up at lost and found within an hour, but without all of her money (about $95 none of which she had spent yet). She was still visibly very very upset hours later and we were poking around that shop, she mentioned if she had had any money she would have chosen a medallion. The woman at the shop overheard, saw how upset she was, showed her a secret about the shop and gave her a practice token made earlier. Also did a little song and dance and gave her a hug. Turned the whole night around for her :love:

We got back last Sunday - full week of work and now catching up on your TR :)
- we loved Dudly - had gone on JP, got a little wet, it was hot, and we were going back to the room for a break soon so said what the heck and rode Dudley next. Soaked to the bone and laughing hysterically! So then we rode the river raft twice in a row for good measure.

- I miss Diagon Alley so much already. A hotel employee had suggested to us that we do Hogsmeade first then DA because DA is just so amazing. Glad we listened.

- I had totally forgotten about the existance of the pumpkin pasties until our last ride on the train, and they mentioned them in the movie. I looked at my daughter and said - I need to go get one before we leave! Go glad I did. I tasted just like my favorite pumpkin pie filling in a really nice crust.

Lol.....I love how wet you get on Dudley!! Yes, when you’re wet the only thing to do is get even wetter........

I’m am going to get one of those pasties this trip......well, I’m going to try....I always forget or I’m never hungry when we’re there........glad you enjoyed it.......

Yes DA is fabulous........truly spectacular place........yes, Hogsmeade is wonderful, but DA shines above all else! I’m happy you love it.........

The woman that was working at the artifacts store (where they pound the little medallions) last Friday or Saturday evening (my days are blurring together right now) is the something rather wonderful you speak of. Earlier in the day DD (16) had left her phone and wallet in the bathroom at Seuss land, and we didn't notice until after we got off the little train ride. Long story short, phone and wallet with drivers permit turned up at lost and found within an hour, but without all of her money (about $95 none of which she had spent yet). She was still visibly very very upset hours later and we were poking around that shop, she mentioned if she had had any money she would have chosen a medallion. The woman at the shop overheard, saw how upset she was, showed her a secret about the shop and gave her a practice token made earlier. Also did a little song and dance and gave her a hug. Turned the whole night around for her :love:

Awww that is lovely!!! Well, not the bit about your daughters money missing from the wallet!

But, the TM was so kind to do that.......I’m glad she felt a bit better after that......that is so good to hear......::yes::

Finished your trip report and it was fantastic as always.

Your trip report is always filled with fantastic ideas for places to visit and the best food pics on the boards for sure.

Tell the camera man he did a great job again.

Thank you Carole for another great trip report.

Finished your trip report and it was fantastic as always.

Your trip report is always filled with fantastic ideas for places to visit and the best food pics on the boards for sure.

Tell the camera man he did a great job again.

Thank you Carole for another great trip report.

Thank you Robo….you are so welcome......

As always I`m happy you enjoyed it.....and I`ll pass on your kind comments to my cameraman.....:laughing: I always appreciate the time Tom takes for pictures and glad you enjoyed them...….thanks again......:wave2:

Only making a post so the number of views isn't three x 6`s...…..::yes::

I've been reading but at night and too tired to comment LOL!
But I am glad you mentioned which Ale house you go to-we usually do the one in LBV but have done one other one (Was by a Target and maybe a Publix? off a toll road-when we moved the daughter in for her first Disney program). Millers ale house is how we start a vacation-and this time don't plan to go by Disney at all-knew there was one close by Universal you liked...

The Wok Experience looks so fun and good!
Orlando and Universal is our happy place and will continue to be for a long time hopefully...…
Well we like Disney too, but yeah-we get that all the time with our friends-it's now not even "you going again?!" But "when are you going back?" :rotfl2:And then I am now getting "we are planning a trip...Can I pick your brain about ...."?

Fabulous pictures as always...

I've been reading but at night and too tired to comment LOL!
But I am glad you mentioned which Ale house you go to-we usually do the one in LBV but have done one other one (Was by a Target and maybe a Publix? off a toll road-when we moved the daughter in for her first Disney program). Millers ale house is how we start a vacation-and this time don't plan to go by Disney at all-knew there was one close by Universal you liked...

The Wok Experience looks so fun and good!
Well we like Disney too, but yeah-we get that all the time with our friends-it's now not even "you going again?!" But "when are you going back?" :rotfl2:And then I am now getting "we are planning a trip...Can I pick your brain about ...."?

Fabulous pictures as always...

lol.....I know what you mean......Thanks.....glad you enjoyed it...….

We like that Ale House as it`s not as touristy, which we do like on occasion....and yep, I absolutely do get the irony....:rolleyes1

I love helping folks out too.....so many will call or txt to get some info or first hand experiences of places around Orlando and beyond...….I always get the comment, you`re the first one I though of......lol.....gotta love friends!!!

Finally getting caught up around here!!! Loved as usual reading about all the foooood!! Especially the seafood!! That sushi place looked fantastic - especially some unique combinations of sushi. That charred one looked so good. Also the crawfish and shrimp...yum!!

How lovely you`re going to London......we always enjoy it when we visit.....so much to do and so easy to get around.....in saying that, we tend to stick to the same areas when we go down now...….have you go some lovely plans when you are there or is it play it by ear.....so much to see and do...….

My parents have some family in England. We are going to Emsworth for a weekend and then we want to see Brighton as well. Then we'll be in London for 4 days. I want to go to Greenwich - I've been a few times but I find that observatory so interesting and the park around it so pretty!! I wouldn't mind trying to check out the King's cross station for the nod to HP of course :). My mom's got tickets to a show, and also we are going to an afternoon tea at the Meridien Picadilly - because get this - they have a Peter Rabbit themed tea and even the food is themed...I'm excited about this (my parents notsomuch lol but I insisted)

We always plan to go to Whitechapel and do the Ripper tours...….my niece used to go there for a business meeting a couple of times a year, and she said some places always had an eerie feel.....my kind of place....love a good ghost tour!!!!

This sounds really cool! I will look it up!

I'm with you on the seafood. We can get seafood of course in Canada too but in the US I do find you can get a lot more for the money!!

Finally getting caught up around here!!! Loved as usual reading about all the foooood!! Especially the seafood!! That sushi place looked fantastic - especially some unique combinations of sushi. That charred one looked so good. Also the crawfish and shrimp...yum!!

My parents have some family in England. We are going to Emsworth for a weekend and then we want to see Brighton as well. Then we'll be in London for 4 days. I want to go to Greenwich - I've been a few times but I find that observatory so interesting and the park around it so pretty!! I wouldn't mind trying to check out the King's cross station for the nod to HP of course :). My mom's got tickets to a show, and also we are going to an afternoon tea at the Meridien Picadilly - because get this - they have a Peter Rabbit themed tea and even the food is themed...I'm excited about this (my parents notsomuch lol but I insisted)

This sounds really cool! I will look it up!

I'm with you on the seafood. We can get seafood of course in Canada too but in the US I do find you can get a lot more for the money!!

London will be so much fun! I’ve never been to the Meridien, sounds lovely......Peter Rabbit themed afternoon tea sounds delightful......I love London but tend to not spend a huge amount of time there......I’m sure you’ll love it.....Brighton is, interesting!

Oh the sushi was amazing from there.......definitely up there with the best.....and the charred one was lush!!!

Yep, we adore seafood........can’t ever get enough of it!!

I’m so glad you enjoyed reading this one......thank you so much for your lovely comments.......:wave2:

Well you've done it again! :thanks: What a fantastic trip report :love: I'm sorry I wasn't commenting as you were writing, I'm still catching up on all the previous report awesomeness. Of course I'm going to take myself right over to the May Rum Review, as I know without even checking you are having a whale of a time! :fish:I really appreciate your perspective on Mardi Gras. While in theory it sounds fun, I think in practice we wouldn't think the actual event to be our favorite. I love that this was a more relaxed trip for you, and so pleased you had a pleasant flight home and weren't ill this time :yay:

Thank you once more for a lovely time, and a glimpse at St. Augustine -- I always feel energized and suffused with a warm glow after reading your reports. :flower1:

Maria :upsidedow

I spoke to them straight away and they were lovely......immediately said they`d do their best to keep him quiet......and there was the cutest little baby around 7 or 8 months old......and he spotted Tom and transfixed on him for a second or two.....then burst into the most amazing smile at him...….it was so lovely to see him like that.....and Tom was then his new best friend!!!! And he never got fed up of smiling and waving back at him.....

Well, duh, because Tom is AWESOME! :)

I finally finished this one! On to see what you've updated from this May trip! :) <3

Well you've done it again! :thanks: What a fantastic trip report :love: I'm sorry I wasn't commenting as you were writing, I'm still catching up on all the previous report awesomeness. Of course I'm going to take myself right over to the May Rum Review, as I know without even checking you are having a whale of a time! :fish:I really appreciate your perspective on Mardi Gras. While in theory it sounds fun, I think in practice we wouldn't think the actual event to be our favorite. I love that this was a more relaxed trip for you, and so pleased you had a pleasant flight home and weren't ill this time :yay:

Thank you once more for a lovely time, and a glimpse at St. Augustine -- I always feel energized and suffused with a warm glow after reading your reports. :flower1:

Maria :upsidedow

Thank you so much Maria!

I am so happy you enjoyed it so much. Yes, Mardi Gras, while cute, isn’t something we need to do again...the weather was a little too cool at times, and the event is very low key for us. No real interest in seeing the concerts (didn’t know who half of them were) so, not a favourite event either unlike HHN!

And St Augustine is so beautiful....it was hard to not go this trip........

But, thank you once again........I’m so glad you were here........:wave2:

Well, duh, because Tom is AWESOME! :)

I finally finished this one! On to see what you've updated from this May trip! :) <3

Lol........well, I think he is........::yes::

Glad you finished this one Alice and enjoyed it, I know you’ve had a lot going on.......l:hug:.........always glad to see you comment and see you on the next one.........:wave2:

and he spotted Tom and transfixed on him for a second or two.....then burst into the most amazing smile at him...….it was so lovely to see him like that.....and Tom was then his new best friend!!!! And he never got fed up of smiling and waving back at him....

I don't think that anyone who has seen a picture of Tom is surprised by this...his smile is the definition of infectious!

I just finished this report and now I will start on the May Include Rum report (Have to read them in order, you know!). I have just booked 6 of us into a Kid Suite with an adjoining double queen room at SF in August...Lucky I like it hot too! This will be my first time at SF after two trips to CBBR and one to Aventura, I can't wait to actually stay here as I adore StrongWater Tavern. Looking forward to trying the Fool's Gold this time!

Carole - I just want to say Thank You to both you and Tom (and Kyle, when he can get there!) for sharing this part of your lives with us so freely. It truly is a lovely part of my day to relax and read your report. I can't tell you how pleased we've been with the places we have tried based on your suggestions (especially Teak!) and while I very rarely comment, I did want to express my thanks.:thanks:

I don't think that anyone who has seen a picture of Tom is surprised by this...his smile is the definition of infectious!

I just finished this report and now I will start on the May Include Rum report (Have to read them in order, you know!). I have just booked 6 of us into a Kid Suite with an adjoining double queen room at SF in August...Lucky I like it hot too! This will be my first time at SF after two trips to CBBR and one to Aventura, I can't wait to actually stay here as I adore StrongWater Tavern. Looking forward to trying the Fool's Gold this time!

Carole - I just want to say Thank You to both you and Tom (and Kyle, when he can get there!) for sharing this part of your lives with us so freely. It truly is a lovely part of my day to relax and read your report. I can't tell you how pleased we've been with the places we have tried based on your suggestions (especially Teak!) and while I very rarely comment, I did want to express my thanks.:thanks:

:hug:

Thank you so much!

What lovely words......and I appreciate every one of them......I have to say I think Tom has a great smile too, and a giant heart to match :goodvibes .....wouldn’t be without him...although I think at times I drive him to distraction......:rotfl:bless him .....he puts up with a lot!

You will adore Sapphire Falls.......the kids Suites are really cool there and the space you’ll have with the adjoining room will be nice.......it’s nice for kids to have their own space. And yes, Strong Water Bar is the the best.....they have a few new cocktails coming out with the new menu soon and we tried them all......:blush: well, it would have been rude not to have tried when they asked us to try them.......:thumbsup2 And yes, Ashley’s creation Fools Gold is lovely.....

Again, thank you for your kind words, I’m so happy you enjoy them, we all love our time together and enjoy every second......and writing them is a lot of fun too!! And I’m always happy when folks enjoy recommendations........we’ve been going to Teak for so many years now, but we missed this past trip........will definitely go in September though.....I miss my donut burger.....:wave2:

Rereading this whole thread because WE ARE GOING BACK during the first week of Mardi Gras. Havent been to a theme park during a special event in a long time., 20 years to be exact. Going to be a blast.

Rereading this whole thread because WE ARE GOING BACK during the first week of Mardi Gras. Havent been to a theme park during a special event in a long time., 20 years to be exact. Going to be a blast.

Vicki....that is fantastic!!!

I’m so happy to read you have the trip sorted, and yes, you absolutely will have a blast.

They do Mardi Gras so well, I haven’t been to a real MG parade, but it is still a lot of fun........

Are you on-site or off-site this visit.....and the first week, that‘s February isn’t it?? You have to come back and let us know how it was for you......but, excellent news!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!