• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

15 Pound, 3.5 months... possible?

DMickey28

<font color=blue>DIS Veteran<br>Comes from a very
Ok, I know you all know that I have been trying to lose weight for my wedding... it's Oct. 11.

I NEED to lose at least 15-20 by end of September...October... A few lbs after the final dress fitting is ok..

Can I do it? I cut out the bad food, cookies, candy, white bread and cake. I've slipped a few times with Rice Krispie Treats. I have been doing really well for two weeks... working otu 3-4 times a week... mixture between Curves, pilates, some Firm and WATP's 1 and 2 mile video-that's new.

I haven't lost anything.. not .5lbs.... nothing. Exercise is the only thing that's going to do it because my eating habits have been decent for a while and I have been maintaining my weight for a long time..... How to lose??

Seriously, how much do I need to work out? I'll do it, I just need to know what to do.. how often, how long? Please someone help.. I just tried on my bridal slip/petticoat thing with the support bra...TOO TIGHT... that line in your tummy with the bulge on the top and the bottom has got to go.... at least I can zip it though!!!

:tongue:

have you tried weight watchers???

i've lost 16.2 lbs in 7wks by combining ww with walking

:Pinkbounc :bounce:

How much cardio do you do each day exactly? I find if I don't do at least 30 minutes of cardio daily my weight loss is nothing. I know weight lifting builds muscle that burns more kcal for a longer period, but cardio for me is the way to go. I do lift weights also a few times a week. This week I have lifted 4 days. Just different muscle groups every day. Have you tried upping your water intake? I think your goal is absolutely doable. Good luck.:D

Your goal is 100% doable!

Get on a program - any program -
Drink water minimally 64oz/day
workout 5day/week and vary your routine to include cardio and weights
walk any chance you get - every step counts
and keep a food journal - You stated you have maintained for a long time - thats great - but if you want to weigh less your probably going to have to eat a little less - because what you are eating now is maintaining your current wgt.

GOOD LUCK I know you can do this!

Sue

Originally posted by wilderness01
How much cardio do you do each day exactly? I find if I don't do at least 30 minutes of cardio daily my weight loss is nothing. I know weight lifting builds muscle that burns more kcal for a longer period, but cardio for me is the way to go.

I've decided this is what I need to do too - more pure cardio.

I totally agree it's doable.

The points above make so much sense. Up your cardio and drink more water and totally commit yourself to your goal. Get on a program and stick to it. You've got one awesome goal, go for it!:bounce: :bounce:

An average loss of 1.5 to 2 pounds per week is considered the maximum healthy weight loss, so you should definitely be able to lose 15 pounds in 3.5 months.

I've also found Weight Watchers to be a lot of use. You mention that you're cutting back on high calorie foods and adding exercise. How are you monitoring your portion sizes of the food you are eating? I ask because I've known people who started trying to lose weight without weighing or measuring and weren't having any luck. But once they started to measure, they realized that they were still overeating. The portion sizes that you'll see out there these days (especially eating out) are way more than a lot of us need.

Thanks for the responses... :)

I am not doing weight watchers and I was thinking about doing it, but am not sure. I don't eat a lot anyway... I honestly think that could be part of the problem.... Once you cut out the sweets and I start eating healthier I am not as hungry....

Portion wise~ Again don't eat very much to begin with. I started serving myself on a small plate (salad plate) while DFiance has the dinner plate.... Now I cut my portions in half from what I usually serve myself... not very scientific but I think it works.

Exercise is the key, I know that. I just hope my goal is doable because the bridal slip isn't fitting now! :) I can excercise more easier than I can cut out more food. I use fitday.com and I barely get to 1500 cals a day. probally a mix of a little more than 1/2 protein, a little less than 1/3 carbs and the last portion fat... good fats....

I'll exercise more and keep that minimum 30 minutes in mind!

Thanks again! :)

Sounds like you're doing well with food. I remember reading somewhere that to lose weight, you need to exercise 5-7 days a week, and 3-5 to maintain. So try increasing the amount of days you do cardio to at least 5 and do strength training 2, preferably 3 days a week. I think that will help...losing 5 pounds a month is definitely possible....and strength training will tone you so that you lose inches and fit into your clothes better! Good luck, I am psyched for you!::yes::

You can definitely do it!! I lost 20 lbs. in 10 weeks following the Dr. Phil plan that starts with two weeks of Rapid Start. Do make sure you're getting enough calories though and eat LOTS of fruits and veggies. You may also want to up your protein a little if you're working out a lot. You actually may need to eat more (healthy stuff, of course.) I learned from my Dr. Phil group that if you aren't eating enough, your metabolism will slow down and your body will hold on to the weight.

I think the right exercise program will do more for you since you're already eating pretty well. Have you thought about hiring a personal trainer for that time period? I agree with others that you need more cardio and could be helped by more intense weight training. Pilates really works for the stomach area too. What ever you're doing for cardio, increase the intensity. I started running and going to spinning classes. Also aerobic classes help me get a good variety of cardio, weights and ab work.

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter