• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

15 YO DD stuck w/ this clumsy Dad!

Kirk

AKA Papa
I raced back from a business meeting in Galveston yesterday because my DD was on her knees in pain and puking terribly! She spent more than 8 hours in ER and finally refused a gyn exam by a young male doc! This was terribly awkward for me but I understand how she feels so I found her a good female ob/gyn after talking with the few women I work with (3 of 25). (Talk about awkward!) We lost her mother (my wife of 10 years) to chrons almost 7 years ago and we've been doing relatively well but it's times like this that I miss her mom the most and she probably does too! How ‘bout a little P&PD for Christina?:(

Kirk, here's some PD for both of you. The love for your daughter comes through your post. You're doing fine. {hugs} for you. I know you miss your wife. But I'm willing to bet she's right there with you, helping guide both you and your daughter through this funny thing we call life.

PD for your dd. Hope she feels better soon. A {{hug}} for you also. Single dads don't have it easy with dd's as there are some awkward moments. My father raised me alone from the time I was about 8 yrs old and I can remember him going to the store to buy certain "things" a young girl needs. And that was 33 years ago when things were not as in the open as they are now.

I'm sure your wife is/would be proud.

You got it. Let us know if there is anything else we can do. Teenagers are hard to deal with sometimes, especially girls.
Hang in there. :)

I would say she is lucky to have you. I am sure times like these must make you miss your wife even more, but you are doing a good job and I'm sure she must appreciate it (whether she says so or not.)

Awww, Kirk. :( I'm sorry to hear about your daughter's illness. I imagine you both miss your DW terribly. My heart goes out to you and her. Like Serena said, let us know if there's anything we can do. There's lots of women here who would be willing to lend an ear or a shoulder, I'm one of them. {{{Hugs}}}

Bless your heart, Kirk, that would've been a hard moment for a parent of either sex. I can really feel your love for your daughter in your post, you are clearly a WONDERFUL dad. You're doing great, I know your wife is watching from above and very, very proud of you both. :) :) :)

I hope DD is feeling better. :)

{{{HUGS}}} to you and your DD, Kirk. I was sort of on the other end of what you were feeling as I lost my mom when I was a teen and went through that gyn thing with my dad only too. You know what though, you sound like you are doing an excellent job. I am sure Christina appreciates all you do. Hang in there and wishing her all the best as she recovers.

Kirk, that had to be rough. Not only your daughter to be in pain, but for it to be awkward for her and you. I am MUCH older than 15, but can't stand the whole gyn thing!

Please let us know how she is doing. PD to you both!!

What a great dad you must be.....let Christina know that we are all thinking of her...and she's got all these wonderful girls/ladies on the DIS if she ever felt she needed something.

Let us know how she's doing.....

Amy

Your are doing great! I am fortunate that both my parents are still with me. I will tell you that growing up my Dad was the one that was there for me more in these situations. He was the one that went to the store for me. I am very thankful and it has made our relationship very strong.

I sure hope your dd gets to feeling better soon. It sounds like you are making the best of a painful situation and your dd is lucky to have a dad like you.

Thank you all! Both Chrissy and I really appreciate your support! She is feeling better today but the troublesome thing is they don't know what's wrong. After 2 sessions in as many weeks and the 2nd worst than the first, it has me a little nervous!:confused: But we'll get to the bottom of it next week I'm sure!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter