150 Club....Care to join??? Continued.

Good Morning!

Last night was not my best. I ate too many snacks, and I didn't get up to speed on the TM. I did stay on for an hour, but it was nothing to brag about. I'm thinking about making today a rest day, because I think I'm just mentally and physically tired, and until I rest I won't be able to do much. Then again, it's just a bike workout, which gets me a ton of miles for short time, so I may stick it out.

Even though I'm only out in it for a short time, the cold is zapping me. Tonight ds has gymnastics, so I have a full hour with no one home but me -- I could easily do my workout, have a relaxing bath, and then get back to my chores...I guess we'll see how I feel when I get home.

Gaia, Kelsey and Becky -- :welcome: It's great to see all of you! We have a wide age range, with people in all stages of life. What binds us together is our desire to lose (or gain) weight and be healthy!

Sarah -- Please don't stop posting if you have a bad day (or days). I have made that mistake, and really, it's better to come and get the support when you need it the most!:grouphug:

Raen -- Mother/daughter relationships can be very complicated. And it is hard to think about what you're eating when you're just trying to relax and let go from a hard time. Be gentle with yourself, and move on. Don't let one bad day (or two) derail your progress. I am a big believer in a new fresh start whenever I need it, even if it's several times a day. That way, one bad meal or snack doesn't have to mean a lost day or week, or month:scared1:

Kat -- You are back on track and doing great! What a wonderful loss! :dance3:

Ok, everybody put a smile on your face and plan on a great dinner!
Maria

Good Morning!

Last night was not my best. I ate too many snacks, and I didn't get up to speed on the TM. I did stay on for an hour, but it was nothing to brag about. I'm thinking about making today a rest day, because I think I'm just mentally and physically tired, and until I rest I won't be able to do much. Then again, it's just a bike workout, which gets me a ton of miles for short time, so I may stick it out.

Even though I'm only out in it for a short time, the cold is zapping me. Tonight ds has gymnastics, so I have a full hour with no one home but me -- I could easily do my workout, have a relaxing bath, and then get back to my chores...I guess we'll see how I feel when I get home.

Gaia, Kelsey and Becky -- :welcome: It's great to see all of you! We have a wide age range, with people in all stages of life. What binds us together is our desire to lose (or gain) weight and be healthy!

Sarah -- Please don't stop posting if you have a bad day (or days). I have made that mistake, and really, it's better to come and get the support when you need it the most!:grouphug:

Raen -- Mother/daughter relationships can be very complicated. And it is hard to think about what you're eating when you're just trying to relax and let go from a hard time. Be gentle with yourself, and move on. Don't let one bad day (or two) derail your progress. I am a big believer in a new fresh start whenever I need it, even if it's several times a day. That way, one bad meal or snack doesn't have to mean a lost day or week, or month:scared1:

Kat -- You are back on track and doing great! What a wonderful loss! :dance3:

Ok, everybody put a smile on your face and plan on a great dinner!
Maria

Thank you!!!! You are an amazing person Maria... Thanks for the support :) :hug:

Good Afternoon everyone!

Last night was a good night but this Morning:headache: i ate a little more than i should! but im trying!:thumbsup2

Hi everyone! I hope your day is going well and for those of you who are having it rough I hope it gets better!

Kat- way to go 7 out of 12 all ready is awesome. I'm still hoping to get down below my starting vacation weight and I've been back almost a month! I'm a member over on Sparkpeople and did it for a while. But i'm not on the computer everyday and I find it easier to just write down calories on a paper and look something up there if I need it. I definitely need to aim for 1400 cals or so. It is sooo hard!

Maria- I was wearing a Wish shirt and I was wearing a shirt and cheering for the full the next day as well. I was running with my sister Becky. She is Lexxiefern here on the dis. She posts over on the competition side. We probably didn't meet. But maybe next time. I'm still in debating mode if I'm going to sign up for next year. DH wants to have another baby.....so I'm not sure on the immediate future for racing and me!

Hi Kelsey! Good for you for wanting to change now while you are so young. I took my little sister with me to Weight Watchers last year. She was 16 at the time. Do you have anyone at home who might want to do this with you? Sparkpeople.com is really great and it is free. And like Kat said there are menu plans and they will tell you what to eat. You might need something like that to get you started. Also they recommend trying to move more. I don't know how much activity you get but try increasing it 10 mins everyday for a week and then 15 and so on. The more you move the more calories you will burn!

Raen- Yuck! I'm so sorry your visit was so bad! The first thing I think of is to get a punching bag and go crazy on it to release some of those bad feelings. Don't know if it would help. But at least you didn't go have a couple hotfudge sundaes!

As for me, I haven't exercised today. Even though it was in my plan. Actually I haven't exercised since Sat. Hmm not good. But my eating has been good. Keeping the calories in check and not having a lot of sweets. I have Alli here too that I bought a few weeks ago. But I haven't really been taking it. I took one pill yesterday and I've taken two today. I figured it was worth a shot. We'll see if it can help me break through my plateau. I'm having fat free popcorn for a snack right now but it's not satisfying my hunger. I'm going to have to address it before the bear takes over!

Good luck all!
Jennie

Hi Kelsey! Good for you for wanting to change now while you are so young. I took my little sister with me to Weight Watchers last year. She was 16 at the time. Do you have anyone at home who might want to do this with you? Sparkpeople.com is really great and it is free. And like Kat said there are menu plans and they will tell you what to eat. You might need something like that to get you started. Also they recommend trying to move more. I don't know how much activity you get but try increasing it 10 mins everyday for a week and then 15 and so on. The more you move the more calories you will burn!

My Mom wants to do it with me but she is working so hard that she really dosnt have time.....Thanks for the Website i will check it out and just keep doing my best to better myself this year.:thumbsup2

Welcome Kelsey!! I was on the chubby side as a teenager so I know how hard it can be.

Thanks everyone!! I am such a black and white dieter...when I am on I am ON and can really stick to it, but once I fall off, man I fall OFF! My goal once this weight is off is to find a moderate lifestyle that I can stick to.

Raen, I feel your pain on your mom. :hug: That sounds a bit like my DH's attitude and I know how much it can rub.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Good Afternoon, Ladies!

I had a major setback yesterday -- I was driven to my bed with half a pizza, and no exercise. I won't bore you with the long story -- suffice it to say when I went to pick ds up from his After School program the teachers in charge had *forgotten* him, turned off the lights and locked the building. He was with his former 3rd grade teacher and she didn't know they had left, either. He is fine, I'm fine, but I was a giant blob of Mommy goo by the time I got him 30 minutes after I arrived. And no, we were not late.

Anyway, today has been a little better, but I haven't been very focused. I was very rattled, I just can't believe they forgot my little boy. I know it was an honest mistake and I am being forgiving, but I'm very disappointed and I just think it's inexcusable.

No individual replies today -- I just don't have it in me. I just wanted to check in and say I hope everyone is having a good day, and take a walk, bike ride, dvd, etc. for me!

Maria:scared1:

Good Afternoon, Ladies!

I had a major setback yesterday -- I was driven to my bed with half a pizza, and no exercise. I won't bore you with the long story -- suffice it to say when I went to pick ds up from his After School program the teachers in charge had *forgotten* him, turned off the lights and locked the building. He was with his former 3rd grade teacher and she didn't know they had left, either. He is fine, I'm fine, but I was a giant blob of Mommy goo by the time I got him 30 minutes after I arrived. And no, we were not late.

Anyway, today has been a little better, but I haven't been very focused. I was very rattled, I just can't believe they forgot my little boy. I know it was an honest mistake and I am being forgiving, but I'm very disappointed and I just think it's inexcusable.

No individual replies today -- I just don't have it in me. I just wanted to check in and say I hope everyone is having a good day, and take a walk, bike ride, dvd, etc. for me!

Maria:scared1:

You are a better woman than me... I would have been livid and yelling and freaking out on everyone involved. But then again I am like that and probably the most ready to call and b*tch person you will ever meet... LOL... I hope today is better! :hug:

Sarah

Welcome Kelsey!! I was on the chubby side as a teenager so I know how hard it can be.

Thanks everyone!! I am such a black and white dieter...when I am on I am ON and can really stick to it, but once I fall off, man I fall OFF! My goal once this weight is off is to find a moderate lifestyle that I can stick to.

Raen, I feel your pain on your mom. :hug: That sounds a bit like my DH's attitude and I know how much it can rub.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Kat are we related? I mean seriously lady we are like the same entity... LOL! I am the same way dieting... if I am on I rock it out but if I am off I figure why add insult to injury and try to save a day that I already started to ruin... LOL :lmao:

Hi Everyone!

I'm back to myself today -- I was on the bike for half an hour last night, and did weights. I had salmon and rice for dinner.

It was delicious, and it was nice to just be with ds and dh. Tonight I need to do an hour on the TM. I'm looking forward to it, I just hope I'll be able to move faster than Monday.

Sarah -- We are all much better today. February vacation (the kids have a week off) is next week, and dh and I are taking turns with him since his usual camp isn't open. I'm looking forward to some quality time:cloud9:

Kat -- Hope you're "On" today!:woohoo:

Kelsey -- It's hard to lose weight in our culture, especially when you are a teenager. Kudos to you for wanting a healthy lifestyle!:banana:

Jennie -- The Half is 75% full, so I think you'd better decide soon, best of luck either way. Both are wonderful projects!;)

Raen and Becky -- How are you?:upsidedow

Gaia -- Are you looking forward to your Spring Break? I never got to go anywhere good, but I was always happy to be home:goodvibes

Ok, remember, it's ok to post even if you are having not the best day. It's almost better -- 'cause you'll only get support here, and it might be something you hadn't thought of. That happened to me when I posted my tale of woe -- Steffwalks aka Connie suggested I have a plan for those emotional curveballs. It's not something I ever would have thought of on my own, but I'm going to think about better responses than eating myself into comfort.:scared1:

Have a great losing day!
Maria

Maria! I can't believe your day yesterday! Your poor baby! And you! I dropped my DD6 off at school today. I watched her walk in the doors and got back in the car and the first thing on the radio was that the High school, less than 1 mile away, had been evacuated because of a bomb threat! I did not feel comfortable all day until I picked her up. Too many freaks today.

I've been staying on track with my eating. Keeping my calories about 1500. Which is a big accomplishment for me. I even resisted when my DH asked if I wanted him to go get a sundae. No exercise though. I need to get on the elliptical. Why is it so easy to get out of a routine but so hard to get back into one???

Hope everyone's day is great!!!
Jennie

Hi all, this sounds like a great support group that I would love to join!

About me: My name is Candis and I'm 30 years old. I was born and raised in Florida and have been visiting WDW every year since I was in a stroller. I am married and have no kids but our two hyper jack russell terriers almost seem like more work than kids :) I recently graduated from the University of Florida and currently work as a financial systems analyst for a bank. Having an office job and a long commute leave me with little time or energy in the evenings to workout. The ongoing stress in my life contributes to my bad eating. This combination has caused me to gain a lot of weight recently :(

I recently booked my first cruise with DCL in September of 2008. My goal is to lose somewhere between 50-70 lbs which is going to take a lot of time and effort! This group sounds like what I need to get motivated.

Candis,
Jacksonville, FL

Hi all, this sounds like a great support group that I would love to join!

About me: My name is Candis and I'm 30 years old. I was born and raised in Florida and have been visiting WDW every year since I was in a stroller. I am married and have no kids but our two hyper jack russell terriers almost seem like more work than kids :) I recently graduated from the University of Florida and currently work as a financial systems analyst for a bank. Having an office job and a long commute leave me with little time or energy in the evenings to workout. The ongoing stress in my life contributes to my bad eating. This combination has caused me to gain a lot of weight recently :(

I recently booked my first cruise with DCL in September of 2008. My goal is to lose somewhere between 50-70 lbs which is going to take a lot of time and effort! This group sounds like what I need to get motivated.

Candis,
Jacksonville, FL

Welcome!!!!!! :welcome: You made the hardest decision and that was to start! So grats the hardest part is over (except for when you have temptation... but you know what I mean..) hehe!

Hi Everyone!

I'm back to myself today -- I was on the bike for half an hour last night, and did weights. I had salmon and rice for dinner.

It was delicious, and it was nice to just be with ds and dh. Tonight I need to do an hour on the TM. I'm looking forward to it, I just hope I'll be able to move faster than Monday.

Sarah -- We are all much better today. February vacation (the kids have a week off) is next week, and dh and I are taking turns with him since his usual camp isn't open. I'm looking forward to some quality time:cloud9:

Kat -- Hope you're "On" today!:woohoo:

Kelsey -- It's hard to lose weight in our culture, especially when you are a teenager. Kudos to you for wanting a healthy lifestyle!:banana:

Jennie -- The Half is 75% full, so I think you'd better decide soon, best of luck either way. Both are wonderful projects!;)

Raen and Becky -- How are you?:upsidedow

Gaia -- Are you looking forward to your Spring Break? I never got to go anywhere good, but I was always happy to be home:goodvibes

Ok, remember, it's ok to post even if you are having not the best day. It's almost better -- 'cause you'll only get support here, and it might be something you hadn't thought of. That happened to me when I posted my tale of woe -- Steffwalks aka Connie suggested I have a plan for those emotional curveballs. It's not something I ever would have thought of on my own, but I'm going to think about better responses than eating myself into comfort.:scared1:

Have a great losing day!
Maria

Hey everyone! Today was the day I officially have lost 20 lbs!!! Happy V'day! I didn't succomb to the temptation of the frosted sugar cookies. I went to the gym and did 2.51 miles on a new harder program on the elliptical and burned 401 calories!! w00t!!! DH and I had tuna melts and fritos for dinner... I made my tuna melts low cal... So for the whole day my calories were about 1169... :woohoo: Anywho I hope everyone had a great losing day and Maria I am glad you are feeling better!

Sarah

Welcome, Candis!!!

I too have an office job and a long commute (about an hour round trip). I fit in my workouts by going at lunch. I worked out a deal with my boss where I can take an 1-1.5 hour lunch and make the time up if needed, and found a gym within 5 min of work. It gives me enough time to do 30-45 min of cardio and shower on 2 days a week, and do 30 min of cardio and 30 of weights and shower on 3 days a week. It also keeps me on the healthy eating track, since I have to bring my lunch and eat it at my desk after I get back from the gym and don't have time to go out and eat unhealthy things.

My mornings are somewhat funny though, I load my car up w/ lunch bag, laptop bag, gym bag... I often wonder if my n'bors think I am going on a trip!

WTG on the 20 lbs MM13... can't congrat you on enough threads to express how happy I am for you!! :goodvibes

I am still doing well. Think good thoughts for me that my parents' visit this weekend won't kick me off my good routine.

hey guys I am super sick and can't dis but I wanted to come in and tell you all I'm still here just sick. I'll be back soon -R

Geez, seems like everyone is having an interesting week!

Well first, Welcome Candis! :grouphug:

Tink, feel better!:hug: Everybody is sick it seems

Sarah, Way to go! :banana: :worship: I am so jealous! Got any "secrets" for us???

Maria, are you having a better day??

Everybody else, how was your valentines day??

As for me, I am Ok today. Blew out my knee again, so even walking has been painful, although I did manage to dance last night and never felt it. This morning it is REALLY not happy though! What really bums me is I am also a BL and I love this week's challenge, but I most likely wont be able to complete it!!:sad2: Then of course I went hog wild (well in the end, not really, surprisingly) but I did eat some very bad stuff. I got on the scale this morning (not sure why just a glutton for punishment) and I am up 2 lbs!:eek: I would say it is just water weight, but I have been so hungry this week it may not be. And to make matters worse I had simple sugar last night (cake and white bread, champagne and chocolate covered strawberries) so my insulin is all out of wack and I am craving sugar like no bodies business. What I wouldn't give for a cupcake right about now! I hope it levels out soon since we are having friends over tonight and I am assuming we are going out for dinner and I will have to resist all the bad stuff! And right now that is not happening!

Geez, seems like everyone is having an interesting week!

Well first, Welcome Candis! :grouphug:

Tink, feel better!:hug: Everybody is sick it seems

Sarah, Way to go! :banana: :worship: I am so jealous! Got any "secrets" for us???

Maria, are you having a better day??

Everybody else, how was your valentines day??

As for me, I am Ok today. Blew out my knee again, so even walking has been painful, although I did manage to dance last night and never felt it. This morning it is REALLY not happy though! What really bums me is I am also a BL and I love this week's challenge, but I most likely wont be able to complete it!!:sad2: Then of course I went hog wild (well in the end, not really, surprisingly) but I did eat some very bad stuff. I got on the scale this morning (not sure why just a glutton for punishment) and I am up 2 lbs!:eek: I would say it is just water weight, but I have been so hungry this week it may not be. And to make matters worse I had simple sugar last night (cake and white bread, champagne and chocolate covered strawberries) so my insulin is all out of wack and I am craving sugar like no bodies business. What I wouldn't give for a cupcake right about now! I hope it levels out soon since we are having friends over tonight and I am assuming we are going out for dinner and I will have to resist all the bad stuff! And right now that is not happening!

I don't have any "secrets" but I can tell you what works for me... I drink 7-8 bottles of water a day... That way my body doesn't hold on to all my water... I monitor my calories heavily... I measure EVERYTHING that has a calorie... i mean i count out my chips, i measure most condiments, i weigh chicken... everything! lol... I try to work out 4-5 days a week... I do 30-35 minutes on the elliptical. Now don't get me wrong. I have fallen off the wagon like a lot of people. I just realized that I can't limit everything. I eat carbs and what not I just try to find ways to make the things I like diet friendly... Like last night I made tuna melts... I used 1 can of tuna, 3 tbsp of light mayo, celery and onion for the tuna. I used Aunt Hatties Extra Fiber wheat bread, non fat cheese and I can't believe its not butter spray. I ate 2 sandwiches for about 650 calories and 1 serving of fritos which was 160 I think... because I ate low the rest of the day my total for the day was 1169... its just a matter of budgeting and watching and deciding which calories are worth it to you... I prefer a large dinner to a large breakfast but if you are the opposite then do what works for you... We are all here to support you!! :grouphug: I hope this helps :)

Have a magical day! pixiedust:
Sarah

Ooh I am so proud! A coworker just offered me a cookie and I said "no"! Can you believe it? I cant! I want sugar so bad today! Go me, go me! :banana:
On a day like today, small accomplishments really matter

Ooh I am so proud! A coworker just offered me a cookie and I said "no"! Can you believe it? I cant! I want sugar so bad today! Go me, go me! :banana:
On a day like today, small accomplishments really matter

See its not so hard!! baby steps!!! if you can turn down a cookie... you can turn down anything!!! :hug: Hope the day is treating you well :) :goodvibes :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter