$158 difference RP - PB, which one to choose?

ms1031

DIS Veteran
2 nights/4 adults , one of which is vegan, and two love breakfast

PB would run an extra $158 over RP and I'm torn!

Why would you pick one Club Level over the other?

There are a few trip reports where a poster included pictures of his family stay at PBH club (Lebeau)

Check some of the trip reports out so you have a good visual of the club lounge and it’s offerings

Standard rooms are quite a bit larger at PBH (450 sq ft) than RPR (335 sq ft). If you are in one room, the size might be a deciding factor. We have stayed at RPR (2 adults and too kids) and it was a nice hotel. We have a trip coming up the week before Thanksgiving, and will be staying at PBH. So unfortunately, I can't help with a direct comparison.

We don't do club level, as we prefer to eat our meals at different places around the parks, hotels, and City Walk.

Stayed Club in both. We prefer PBH because of the larger rooms (we have 3 kids). We also prefer the offerings at the club lounge- especially breakfast. The staff in both club lounges is great. One advantage to RPH- the club lounge is on a restricted floor- it was easier to get to. Going in 4 days- staying at PBH club again.

We’ve stayed at RPR 3 times. This year it was less than $100 difference between RPR and PBR so we’re trying PB. I really love the theming at RPR and Jakes is a favorite so I’m sad not to be going there. But the extra space was appealing since there are 5 of us. I don’t know when you’re looking to make the decision but I can let you know my take in a few days. We leave Fri.

We’ve stayed at RPR 3 times. This year it was less than $100 difference between RPR and PBR so we’re trying PB. I really love the theming at RPR and Jakes is a favorite so I’m sad not to be going there. But the extra space was appealing since there are 5 of us. I don’t know when you’re looking to make the decision but I can let you know my take in a few days. We leave Fri.

This is awesome! If you have a chance could you try to grab some new pics of the offerings and lounge and post to The Portofino Resort thread?

Ok back on topic, both these resorts are truly beautiful, a standard club room at RPR is 335 square feet and at PBR the club rooms are 490 square feet, if you look at the RPR thread I know there are some fairly recent pics of the club offerings.

Have fun deciding, we recently stayed again at RPR and as usual the staff are truly some of the best!!!

RPR is much closer and definitely more my personal taste, but that's just me. PBH's rooms are a big advantage being so much larger. Try something different.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!