• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

17 Day Diet - Who's doing it?

Carlyzmom

Axiom Crew
I just finished reading the book and started doing the 17 day diet! Anyone else doing it? Thought this would be a good place to exchange ideas and info!

Hmmm. I guess I'm the only one. LOL But after a week on the diet, I have lost 7 pounds! YAY :banana:

How is the diet going now? The dietary shifts in the different phases worries me that it would be too confusing to maintain.

I did the program in the fall and lost 20 lbs. I followed phase 1 and 2 very closely and then phase 3 somewhat. Then Christmas and our disney trip arrived and I went off the program. Started last week with phase 1 and hope to lose 10 more lbs to be at my goal weight!

I find it an easy program to follow and good for detoxing after vacation to get my taste buds used to healthy eating again and to stop craving sugar and carbs.

I can see using it in the futer after vacations, Christmas or after I've let a few lbs sneak up just to get back on track.

Thanks for posting your reviews on this diet. I was actually looking into this. I still need to buy the book and then I am going to give it a try....

I've been considering this one, just haven't researched it enough yet. I would love to hear opinions on it though.

I started it last summer and lost 20 pounds. The holidays hit and then a trip to WDW and I gained 3 back. Going to start again on Tuesday and try to lose another 25. I loved the way I felt and can't wait to get back there again.

Just read your post, this is the first time i ever heard of this "diet". I am thinking about going to out and buying the book tomorrow and give it a try!

I had never heard of it either and my husband brought the book home and said "hey, why don't we do this together?" "Okay" I say. It has been 3 days and so far so good. I like the high protein (kind of like South Beach) but at least you get a few fruits. The fact that I have not caved yet (there were donuts in the teachers lounge today) is huge as I usually don't stick to diets very well. I feel this is something I can do-unfortunately, we turned down a Super Bowl get together so we can stay on track and not completely blow it. I feel that you can get the detox benefits from the no carbs and still feel good. When I did Atkins I got massive headaches. I love drinking my hot lemon water in the morning. It really helps me wake up. I will let you know once we have made it through the first 17 days. I am hoping to loose a dress size.
Good luck everyone who is doing this!
Elizabeth

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter