172 days to drop 2 dress sizes!!

n2dzny

Mickey fan all my life!!!!
I am getting married Nov 12th of this year and I found THE dress, except the problem is it is 2 sizes smaller than I wear :scared1::scared1:

I know that you aren't supposed to do that, but I HAD to have that dress and that is the only way I could get it. I needed to lose weight anyway. I have always been overweight. I have *tried* to lose weight in the past, but not this seriously.

Since I have never succeded on a diet, I decided that I didn't want to do that. I decided that I would increase my water intake and walk. I started Sun night walking. I have increased my walking from 40 min Sun night, 45 min last night & 55 tonight. I have decided that I would walk no more than 90 min, but I am going to build up to that. I honestly HATE exercising, but I am FINALLY @ a point that I want to lose like I never have. I want to look good on my wedding day & esp my wedding night ;).

I am glad that there is a place here on the dis to turn to for support. I hope that I can keep up the momentum. I am 31 years old & it would be nice to not be ashamed of myself for once in my life. I want to be able to buy regular size clothes for my honeymoon, graduating from the "plus" sizes...it would just be nice. Anyway, I guess we shall see how I do.

p.s. I also appreciate the fact that I can do this for free, no need to join a gym & spend the $$, that is $$ I can save for the wedding :thumbsup2

You are already at a great start!

2 sizes before November??? I bet you do better then that! I bet you will end up having to take the dress in. :)

Good Luck! Stay positive you are going to look great. :thumbsup2

-nat

Congratulations on finding the perfect dress! You are giving yourself plenty of time to reach your goal of losing 2 dress sizes by November. It might be helpful to track your food intake along with your exercise. There are a couple of free sites that are great when trying to lose weight or get into shape. I love myfitnesspal.com and I know alot of members here really like Sparkpeople.com. They are both free to use and filled with lots of great information and really can help you keep track of your exercise and food! I've never been a fan of strict diets but moderation is the key to success. I don't cut anything out but try to eat healthy about 80 % of the time and still have my treats and things I really want the other 20 % of the time.

Best of luck! I know you can do it just take it one day at a time!

:welcome: to WISH and you are right it's the best place ever! :teeth:

i'm rooting for you! you can do it!

Psh, so doable!! And congrats on your wedding/dress/all that good stuff!!

A lot of people talk about sparkpeople.com and while I've never tried it, I do hear good things about it. I like to use sharecare.com which has partnered with Doctor Oz (LOVE HIM!!) to create a program called Move It and Lose It. I love it!! You put in all your current measurments (weight, height, etc) and then you put in your activity level, and then you put in how much weight you want to lose and over what time period. It then tells you how many calories you need for the day, which is exactly what I need. Then there's a tool that tracks your calories, with like, 10,000 food options and choices. It's awesome!!!

Good luck on your sure-to-be-successful journey!!!

Congratulations! I think you have plenty of time to drop the weight and will probably drop more. Just in the planning of everything and the stress you are bound to lose weight.

My first tip would be write down every item you eat through out the day and do this for an entire week. Remember if it goes in your mouth, it gets written down. After the week of doing this you will be able to find one or two items that you could easily cut out and thus cut your calories down a bit. We aren't talking drastic changes here, just minor changes. This can be something like for breakfast you normally have eggs, toast with peanut butter and fruit. Maybe cut out the peanut butter, or just use egg whites. Again minor change and only 1 per day.

The next bit of advice is do focus on your two largest muscle groups - your legs and your lats. Do not worry about "bulking" up because lets be honest, it takes A LOT for a woman to bulk up and look manly. Kettlebell swings are a great way to start. You can get a low weight kettlebell and work to do 75 swings without stopping. Once you get there, up the weight. Once you get the kettlebell up to the 36 or 53lb mark, just up the reps. Simple workout and requires very little time.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

Congrats on your engagement! Your goal sounds very achievable and you sound really motivated. I hate exercise too and tried Zumba. So much fun!!! It isn't exercise at all but dance and lots of fun even though I wasn't getting all the steps. You should try it, I've seen it on tv too and there are lots of you tube videos all for free and you can follow along in the privacy of your own home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter