• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

C.Ann

<font color=green>We'll remember when...<br><font
Any info would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks! :)
C.Ann

I went 12/10-14, 2001 with DD (8) and DMom (63). The first 2 days the weather was cool--got down to 50 at night, the last 2 days, it as warm enough to swim, and wear shorts. I found the crowds in the park to be heavier than our Sept. trip, but the lines for rides were minimal. We were able to see and do just about everything we wanted. MVMCP is a night time event, from 7-midnight. Tickets for adults are in the area of $35, not sure, but think you granddaughter might be free? Don't know if it would be worth it for a 3 year old. The decorations will be up everywhere. Osborne Lights will be running. Candlelight Processional will be around, but not sure if granddaughter would appreciate it. Dec. is a wonderful time to go, just be prepared for any type of weather.

Hi!

We went the 3rd week of December. Crowds were light, but increased during our stay. During the 1st and 2nd weeks crowds are really light. We walked on to most rides without any wait. We went to MVMCP. Our son was a little older that 2.5, but not quite 3. (His B-day is in a few weeks) He ate some cookies, and watched a show or two, but he slept through the parade. A 3 year old will need a ticket. We called disney to order the tickets in advance, because they tend to sell out. It got really cold that night, which we were not prepared for. We usually wore jeans and t-shirts, and occasionally a light jacket. Osborne lights were kinda nice. Make sure to get the glasses! Decorations should be up. Any more questions?

I have a similar question. We will be at the park the first week of December and I do not plan to pay the extra for the parade. However, does that mean there will not be E-nights during the Christmas season?

If the park closes early in December and you do not have the E-night option, and your party is not crazy about you dragging them there an hour before opening...

Well, you get the idea.

They only have the party on selected nights. I might be wrong, as I have not been keeping up on all the specifics, but early entry has been discontinued. E-nights were as well, but I think they may have re-started them. Don't worry about not being able to do everything. Crowds were non-existent when we were there, aside from the last day. We never waited in any line. We had ample time to do everything we wanted, even with the shortened park hours. We tried to be at the parks right at opening, and there was hardly ever anyone else at the bus stop.

We went to Disney, Dec 1-10th, 2001. We had unseasonably warm weather the entire time we were there. It was so warm we didn't have to wear a coat at night. It was plenty warm to swim either day or night. But like I said, that was not seasonal weather for that time of year. We lucked out!

As a complete surprise to us, the lines for rides were none, although on the weekend days it was much busier. Because there was no wait, the parks hardly used the fast pass system. The Christmas decorations were already up during our visit, and also some of the characters were dressed up in holiday attire, which made for great holiday pictures. The only thing that stinks is that the parks do close early for the Very Merry Christmas party and all the other events going on. That didn't bother us because walking around for 6-8 hrs was plenty for us with little kids in tow.

The day we were at the Magic Kingdom, they were taping the "Very Merry Christmas" parade which they show on Christmas day. We sat down and watched the parade, and they go around taping the crowd. My children were taped quite a few times, and as we watched it on Christmas day, we were surprised to see they got on there, not only once, but twice! That was the best memory of all.

If I were to go again, I would definately go the first week of December. Thanks to all info on this board, it helped us decide when to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter