180+10 days with a split stay

ArtieRyder

Mouseketeer
So, found out something today. I have a split stay - 1 week at AOA and 1 week at BWV.

AOA from 3/31-4/6, BWV from 4/6-4/13

Today is 180 days till 3/31, so I called this morning trying to make a reservation (I tried online first) for April 9 at Ohana - knowing it would be my hardest to get.

Turns out I could not. The +10 is per reservation. So Basically, I can only reserve right now for 7 days, and then 1 week from now I can plan the next 7 - since it is two reservations.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is this new?

Been that way for a while. Separate reservations have separate 180 day windows for ADR's.

DVC members can still book 180+ length of stay up to 10 days even for split stays.

This wasn't the case when I was booking my ADRs this last trip. I had make ADRs when each of the 180 day window opened.
Seems like it changed about four years ago now. It first changed on the website but still worked when calling for a few months after that. I believe I was making ADRs for my NYE 2014 trip when it happened.

The policy has always been 180+ [length of stay up to 10 days] but the system was programmed for 180+10. They changed the programming. For some reason, FP+ recognizes split stays but ADRs do not.

I ran into this myself.
When I made our resort reservations a few months ago, the CM told me I would not be able to make ADRs for the second resort on MDE when I made them for the first resort...But if I called, someone would be able to do it over the phone.

Well, three calls, three different CMs, and each time they said I had to wait until the 180 mark from the second resort check in date for those reservations. We still got everything we wanted, but it was a bit complicated....

...because the trip is a birthday surprise, and we made special arrangements for DD to spend the night with grandma because ADR day was a school day. We didn't really know how we were going to manage keeping the secret on a second morning. Yikes!

It worked out due to awesome ninja mom skills and knowledge of all the squeaky floorboards in the house, though. Lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts