19 Days To Go and So Excited!

Gerweniel

Mouseketeer
I'm returning for a quick solo trip after being away for years. So much has changed! I don't really have anyone to share in the pre-trip planning with as my sons are out of state and my bf just doesn't get it at all. As much as I love the attractions (and there are plenty of new ones to discover), part of my love for the parks is the dining and libations, the boats and the lights at night! So, I've been fiddling with my ADRs as I wanted to try all new dining experiences and I've come up with this list. I'd love any input, suggestions, feedback! Especially on the After Hours @ AK.
Day 1)
World Premier Food Court lunch (hopefully secret menu item!)
Oga's Cantina (was super lucky to snag an afternoon slot. I don't plan on staying at HS for the day, just a visit for this ADR then off to EPCOT).
Spice Road Table (late dinner and Illuminations!)
Day 2)
BOG breakfast
Jungle Navigation Co lunch (I'm a HUGE Adventurer's Club fan and looking forward to this)
Trader Sam's Lounge mid afternoon break
Storybook Dining dinner (yes a solo adult woman @ a character meal, but the Evil Queen is my favorite!)
Day 3
Bon Voyage Breakfast (I have mixed feelings about this, may cancel and hang out at the pool in the morning)
Sanaa lunch(my one repeat as I adore this restaurant)
Tiffins dinner
Day 4
Grand Floridian Cafe breakfast (looking forward to the Eggs Benedict Flight!)
D'Luxe Burger lunch maybe.

I upgraded the DDP to the Deluxe plan to cover most of the dining. I have never been to Pandora and I'm very excited for my AK day, but......I'm conflicted. I was thinking to purchase the Disney After Hours ticket for when I am there at the AK, it seems like a great idea, but so expensive and not something I budgeted, however, I may want to do FOP more than once!
My Fast Passes for AK are all mid to late afternoon as I didn't plan rope drop for that morning. My Tiffins ADR is at 5:40 PM so there is time for me to see the Rivers Of Light show. I'm thinking if I buy the DAH for AK, I'll be zonked an not able to make it to midnight, making it a waste of money. I've got to think this through more.

Last edited:
Sounds good to me! You have some of my favorites in there. In February my wife, daughter and myself sat next to a solo woman at Storybook in and she was having a great time! I compared notes with her from my first solo and we took turns taking pictures for each other when the characters came around.

Last year on my solo I did the DxDP and really enjoyed it but boy was I full. This year I'm doing the opposite and have 1 ADR (7:30 at La Hacienda for the last Illuminations) and will be doing Pub/Bar crawls most nights. I also have reservations at Oga's and Jiko for their Wine tasting.

Have a great trip!!!

Sounds good to me! You have some of my favorites in there. In February my wife, daughter and myself sat next to a solo woman at Storybook in and she was having a great time! I compared notes with her from my first solo and we took turns taking pictures for each other when the characters came around.

Last year on my solo I did the DxDP and really enjoyed it but boy was I full. This year I'm doing the opposite and have 1 ADR (7:30 at La Hacienda for the last Illuminations) and will be doing Pub/Bar crawls most nights. I also have reservations at Oga's and Jiko for their Wine tasting.

Have a great trip!!!
Thanks for the info. I hope someone can snap a photo with me and the Evil Queen!!! I was wondering if it would be too much food! We'll see. Have a great trip.

I saw that you got the Deluxe DDP. I'm a huge food lover but I do want to say that I find it really difficult to eat more than one ADR a day at Disney World. The portions are huge. Also, I love trying the snacks around the world, so if you only do ADRs you aren't leaving room for snacks! Just my opinion & feel free to disregard. :P
Day 1)
Oga's Cantina (was super lucky to snag an afternoon slot. I don't plan on staying at HS for the day, just a visit for this ADR then off to EPCOT).

Keep in mind that Oga's doesn't have food, but like I said, it's hard to eat 3 meals a day in Disney! They have one "snack" item & that's it. Loved Spice Road Table.
Day 2)
BOG breakfast
Jungle Navigation Co lunch (I'm a HUGE Adventurer's Club fan and looking forward to this)
Storybook Dining dinner (yes a solo adult woman @ a character meal, but the Evil Queen is my favorite!)

I love Skipper Canteen! There's this noodle dish with tofu & chicken that I thought was really good. I personally don't like BOG's breakfast at all, but if you're really excited for the theming or got a PPO it can still be worth it.
Day 3
Bon Voyage Breakfast (I have mixed feelings about this, may cancel and hang out at the pool in the morning)
Tiffins dinner

I've only done Tiffins from this list, but I liked it.
Day 4

I've heard great things about GF Cafe but haven't tried it yet (outside of highway in the sky dine around). D'Luxe burger is just a burger joint, but if you're in Disney Springs before heading out it's a good option. I wouldn't travel to the Springs specifically to eat there, but it's fine if you're there doing shopping and stuff, if that makes sense.

I saw that you got the Deluxe DDP. I'm a huge food lover but I do want to say that I find it really difficult to eat more than one ADR a day at Disney World. The portions are huge. Also, I love trying the snacks around the world, so if you only do ADRs you aren't leaving room for snacks! Just my opinion & feel free to disregard. :P
Day 1)

Keep in mind that Oga's doesn't have food, but like I said, it's hard to eat 3 meals a day in Disney! They have one "snack" item & that's it. Loved Spice Road Table.
Day 2)
BOG breakfast

I love Skipper Canteen! There's this noodle dish with tofu & chicken that I thought was really good. I personally don't like BOG's breakfast at all, but if you're really excited for the theming or got a PPO it can still be worth it.
Day 3
Tiffins dinner

I've only done Tiffins from this list, but I liked it.
Day 4

I've heard great things about GF Cafe but haven't tried it yet (outside of highway in the sky dine around). D'Luxe burger is just a burger joint, but if you're in Disney Springs before heading out it's a good option. I wouldn't travel to the Springs specifically to eat there, but it's fine if you're there doing shopping and stuff, if that makes sense.

Hi! Thanks for your comments. I do have an early ADR @ BOG and wanted to give it a shot. Skipper Canteen looks like a fun place :). Do you have an alternate suggestion in Disney Springs? I don't want anything fancy as that meal will be out of pocket, but I heard their burgers are awesome. I'm really open to suggestions as it is a totally new place for me and there are so many eateries! One of the traditional must do's for me is Dockside Margaritas. I haven't been since 2013! It is my travel home day and I have a late flight so wanted to shop and eat before heading back home.

Hi! Thanks for your comments. I do have an early ADR @ BOG and wanted to give it a shot. Skipper Canteen looks like a fun place :). Do you have an alternate suggestion in Disney Springs? I don't want anything fancy as that meal will be out of pocket, but I heard their burgers are awesome. I'm really open to suggestions as it is a totally new place for me and there are so many eateries! One of the traditional must do's for me is Dockside Margaritas. I haven't been since 2013! It is my travel home day and I have a late flight so wanted to shop and eat before heading back home.
Love margaritas haha. Be sure to go to the Epcot Mexico pavilion and try some of the new ones they have inside! I love the avocado one. As for what to get that’s not a burger, I’m a sucker for the Morimoto street food (not the main restaurant, the walk up bit) or earl of sandwich. I know they’re chains too, but maybe I’ve just had so many good burgers that I go for those over D-luxe. It’s good, don’t let me give the wrong impression! I just wasn’t wowed by it. There are also so many places I haven’t tried yet like Homecomin and Polite Pig. Don’t skip dessert in Disney springs either!

I have no input just came here to say I'm so jealous! I dream of a solo trip but I (luckily) have too many Disney-loving people in my life to get away with going without them :earboy2:

LOVE Homecomin', the whole vibe, sitting outside on the porch..loved it. Also, Satu'li Cafe outside Pandora was excellent the last time I was there. Super fresh options and amazing desserts for QS Have so much fun!

I was solo last month with regular dining plan. Wrote a dining and trip report, if that helps. People say DDP is so much food, but it doesn’t have to be. I really missed not having DDP on my solo trip, so next time it’s DDP all the way. You don’t have to eat three meals a day. Just eat at some of the Signatures, which are two credits. I missed not having the option to get an appetizer ...
But looks like you have everything mapped out as far as dining. I did Storybook Dining alone. It’s in the dining report. Have fun!

** Editing to add - sorry for the late post. Your trip has happened already.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!