1900 or Akershus

We have done both with our daughter (5). Akerhaus lunch was good and you get 5 princesses—interaction was pretty standard. I thought the character interaction was better at 1900 for dinner. The stepsisters were fantastic—they were really funny and will play along more. Don’t be surprised if they ask the boys about marriage and how much money they have ha ha! Usually Lady Tremaine is there as well, but we had the Fairy Godmother instead for our meal (which was awesome since it’s hard to find her). I thought the food was good for a buffet— love the strawberry soup!

We did 1900 last July and LOVED the character interaction! Step sisters were great, Cinderella and Prince Charming were good, and The Stepmother was wonderful. It is my fav character meal pictures especially since when you exit the restaurant you can take pictures with the glass slipper. And shout out to PP who said they had the fairy godmother! I am a little jelly. As for food, we thought it was pretty standard buffet fare. Nothing impressed me too much, and nothing was awful either.

Ooh, interesting! I was all set to recommend Akershus (gorgeous, love the food, great interaction) until I read the ages of your kiddos.... would still recommend it for your girls, but I definitely think your boys would enjoy 1900 more. And, as others noted, it’s a great restaurant too - so that’s my vote for you :). Have fun!

For that age group I vote 1900 for sure. If the girls were younger and still in "princess mode" Id vote Akershus.

Another vote for 1900 PF. Have enjoyed Akershus but given the age and make up of your crew, 1900 PF is the better choice. . .and, yes, it has better quality food and better character interaction.

We did 1900 last July and LOVED the character interaction! Step sisters were great, Cinderella and Prince Charming were good, and The Stepmother was wonderful. It is my fav character meal pictures especially since when you exit the restaurant you can take pictures with the glass slipper. And shout out to PP who said they had the fairy godmother! I am a little jelly. As for food, we thought it was pretty standard buffet fare. Nothing impressed me too much, and nothing was awful either.
Yea, I was pretty excited about it. Our server had been at 1900 for 20 years and said it was the second time he saw her ever.

I personally think you should just go for what characters do you want to see. The food at 1900 I thought was pretty bad it was comparable to crystal palace. The only reason you would go there is for the characters, which in all honesty are pretty amazing characters but don’t expect anything for the food it’s just buffet.

Akershus has much better food choices in my opinion and it’s a much prettier restaurant.

1900 PFThe stepsisters are so hilarious, my husband requested to go back our next trip. I have 3 boys.

1900!

The food is better, the atmosphere is more fun at 1900.

Yep to that, I agree. 1900 park fare gets my vote too. We enjoyed the food and character interaction better at 1900 park fare

Also it’s supet easy to boat or monorail to the MK after your meal.

Hated 1900. Totally chaotic. Every minute or so, they scream for someone's birthday. Buffet was a total mess. Food splashed everywhere, items not restocked, etc. Worst atmosphere I've seen at Disney by far.

With that wide a range of ages/ genders, I'd say 1900, for sure. Really fun character interaction. Good food. Beautiful atmosphere.

1900 Park Fare. I took my 11yo son on our last trip and it was hands down his favorite experience of our entire trip. He proposed to both step sisters but forgot the rings so he got turned down. The next day we met them in the park WITH the rings this time, and even though they were different "friends" they didn't miss a beat when he referenced their denials the previous night. They really are top notch with their character roles. We enjoyed the food as well.

Hmmmm We have gone to AK a few times and my girls at that age loved the princess and the atmosphere. 1900 is always a request when we go for all in my party except me. (As someone mentioned earlier it is chaotic IMO and the food has always just been blah) HOWEVER we went in February and maybe I was really hungry but 1900 food was really good this time and the character interactions were some of the best. The stepsisters are just great and LT was a delight for my girls.

If I had to pick either place for our next trip in Oct. I would go back.

Enjoy your trip

From the character interaction perspective, I'd choose 1900. There's nothing wrong with the characters at Akershus, but it's more of a generic princess meal. By 1900 being strictly Cinderella based, it gives it more of a story line that gets wrapped into your interactions. I think older kids might appreciate this story a bit more than what you get at Akershus. We've had decent meals and service at both, so I really just let character preferences guide me for this one.

Wow. Im surprised nobody has asked this yet.....

@Mrs. Belle Are you going for BREAKFAST or DINNER??? Please specify, as those are two very different experiences at 1900 PF for both food and characters!

Personally, i thought the food at dinner was pretty bad for both quality and variety. Ditto for desserts. Not very good at all. BUT, the step sisters were HILARIOUS and totally made my night. Breakfast was better in terms of food. Characters were just meh.

Never been to Akershus so I cant comment on that.

I vote for 1900 PF. The food selections are great! Character interactions fun!

We've had a couple of very bad experiences at 1900 pf but have mostly liked Akershus. I would choose based on characters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!