1900 Park Fair vs Askershus breakfast

Meghan4

Mouseketeer
Currently, I have both booked for our trip next month. I'm thinking I really do not need both, even though I know they have different characters. I have heard the food at 1900 Park Fare is great, while Askershus is just ok. My four kids will be there, boy-12, girl-9, boy-7, girl-5. Now I know the boys could care less about princesses, and even my girls are not crazy about them, but would the experience still be cool? My 5 yr old wants to meet Minnie & Cinderella, and I already have fast passes to meet them. All the rest would be extra. Thoughts?

1900 Park Fare is a buffet. I wouldn't say it's great, but it's good. I don't really think buffets are ever "great" simply because their nature is quantity (and waste) over quality.

We've done lunch at Akershus twice and I have always liked the food there. The "appetizer" selection is basically a salad bar with fruit, imported cold cuts, seafood, etc. That part is underwhelming for me but my kids like it. For entree I always order the Tradisjonell Kjøttkake (Norwegian Meatballs served with Mashed Potatoes, Seasonal Vegetables, and Lingonberry Sauce) and have always found it to be really delicious.

If the majority of your party doesn't care about Princesses, then I would choose 1900 Park Fare simply because the character experiences there (especially the Mad Hatter) are very good and different from what you find at most other venues at WDW.

Unless you just are really princess crazy, I think the characters at 1900 PF breakfast are worth it because they aren't the easiest to see in the parks and they are fun! Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Mad Hatter, Alice, and Mary Poppins were there when we went.

Meeting princesses, Minnie, Mickey, etc. isn't that hard to do in the parks.

We found the food at 1900 PF very good (better than Akershus and more selection). I also prefer the chance to visit the Grand Floridian and didn't find the venue at Akershus to be anything special. (We liked spending a few hours in MK---maybe even an EMH am---and then hitting 1900 PF near the end of service somewhere around 11 am)

1900 Park Fare is a buffet. I wouldn't say it's great, but it's good. I don't really think buffets are ever "great" simply because their nature is quantity (and waste) over quality.

We've done lunch at Akershus twice and I have always liked the food there. The "appetizer" selection is basically a salad bar with fruit, imported cold cuts, seafood, etc. That part is underwhelming for me but my kids like it. For entree I always order the Tradisjonell Kjøttkake (Norwegian Meatballs served with Mashed Potatoes, Seasonal Vegetables, and Lingonberry Sauce) and have always found it to be really delicious.

If the majority of your party doesn't care about Princesses, then I would choose 1900 Park Fare simply because the character experiences there (especially the Mad Hatter) are very good and different from what you find at most other venues at WDW.
I think everyone would probably enjoy it at Askershus, and I know the 5yr old would love to meet all of the princesses. I'm wondering if I would feel like I would be missing out if I did not do Askershus.

Unless you just are really princess crazy, I think the characters at 1900 PF breakfast are worth it because they aren't the easiest to see in the parks and they are fun! Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Mad Hatter, Alice, and Mary Poppins were there when we went.

Meeting princesses, Minnie, Mickey, etc. isn't that hard to do in the parks.

We found the food at 1900 PF very good (better than Akershus and more selection). I also prefer the chance to visit the Grand Floridian and didn't find the venue at Akershus to be anything special. (We liked spending a few hours in MK---maybe even an EMH am---and then hitting 1900 PF near the end of service somewhere around 11 am)
That's one of the main reasons I am leaning towards 1900 PF, because of the characters that you would not see very often. I actually would love to grab a dinner there, just so I could see the stepsisters mess with my 12 yr old son!! HAHA

That's one of the main reasons I am leaning towards 1900 PF, because of the characters that you would not see very often. I actually would love to grab a dinner there, just so I could see the stepsisters mess with my 12 yr old son!! HAHA
Our dinner at 1900 PF was in 2015, but we found the food really good for a Disney character buffet dinner. I was quite surprised because it had gotten not so great reviews.

So I'm in the minority but of all the character meals that I've done - and we've done all except for Ohana breakfast - 1900 was my least favorite. We were seated almost an hour late and the breakfast food was mediocre at best. While the characters are unique, I didn't think they very fun with the kiddos. (Breakfast characters are different than dinner).

The other thing I'd say is that Akerhaus is really cool / interesting inside. It looks like an old castle.

I have been to both and while I enjoy breakfast there for both food and characters, dinner is a lot more fun, IMO. This is a busy restaurant, so no matter Breakfast or dinner, it will be a bit hectic.

1900's breakfast can be more fun with the Mad Hatter and Alice and the food is better but you cannot beat Akershus for getting a lot of princess M&G's done fast. On our next trip we are doing breakfast at both places. Dinner at 1900 can be a hoot. We have not had dinner there in years but when we last went the 2 stepsisters found out I was a single father. They had a field day torturing my daughter. They argued about which one was going to marry me and what boarding school they were sending her to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter