1900 Park Fare Breakfast or Ohana Breakfast

Momof2Singers

DIS Veteran
I have one each of these booked on our December trip, but will need to cancel one due to having way too many TS. I have not been to either one for breakfast. Would love to hear what you think?

I would keep the one you want to see the characters for. They are both great breakfast choices. I chose 'Ohana because of Mickey, Pluto, Lilo and Stitch. And also that it was served family style so we didn't have to all get up!

1900 park fare is like a traditional buffet where you go up and get your food. Ohana is served family style and they bring it to you. If you have very little kids Ohana would probably be the easier of the two. I've only been to breakfast at 1900 Park Fare, but I really enjoyed the food and character interaction. It probably is my favorite out of breakfast buffets I've been to.

I would keep the one you want to see the characters for. They are both great breakfast choices. I chose 'Ohana because of Mickey, Pluto, Lilo and Stitch. And also that it was served family style so we didn't have to all get up!

We like all the characters and have never seen Stitch or Mary Poppins or Mad Hatter, its just my 19 year old and myself, so relaxing, good food, and not so rushed characters are what we are looking for.

1900 park fare is like a traditional buffet where you go up and get your food. Ohana is served family style and they bring it to you. If you have very little kids Ohana would probably be the easier of the two. I've only been to breakfast at 1900 Park Fare, but I really enjoyed the food and character interaction. It probably is my favorite out of breakfast buffets I've been to.
Thank you, just my 19 year old daughter and myself, a mother daughter trip to make new memories, first time going during the holidays, and want it to be pleasant. We love 1900 park fare for dinner, bu are skipping it this trip and thought maybe checking out breakfast.

Thank you, just my 19 year old daughter and myself, a mother daughter trip to make new memories, first time going during the holidays, and want it to be pleasant. We love 1900 park fare for dinner, bu are skipping it this trip and thought maybe checking out breakfast.
I think then comparing the food options and characters and whichever appeals to you more go with. I really enjoyed my breakfast at 1900 Park Fare, the food was really good which isn't always the case with character dining so that was nice.

1900 Park Fare, for sure. We did Ohana breakfast and were way underwhelmed. Not worth the price. 1900 Park Fare was so loved by my crew that it was requested again on our next trip (twin DDs-19 requested on their 20th birthday trip). Really great food selection. And the characters, which my crew is past that, were even entertaining with the witty remarks.

I haven't done Ohana yet, but 1900 Park Fare breakfast was my favorite meal out of my 7 day trip, just 2 adults. Characters were very entertaining and not rushed, in fact I saw most of them twice, and the food was really good, with a lot of variety.

1900 Park Fare, for sure. We did Ohana breakfast and were way underwhelmed. Not worth the price. 1900 Park Fare was so loved by my crew that it was requested again on our next trip (twin DDs-19 requested on their 20th birthday trip). Really great food selection. And the characters, which my crew is past that, were even entertaining with the witty remarks.

I've done both and for your mother-daughter trip for the holidays, I would pick 1900 PF hands down.* For one, the food is much, much better at 1900 PF - there's an omelet station, the famous strawberry soup, a great kale salad, etc. While it has a kids' buffet, the majority of the buffet would be very appealing to adults and has a good variety. The crowd at Ohana trends more toward the younger kids and can get a little hectic. And the last big bonus - you will be at Grand Floridian and can see the Christmas decorations there, and the gingerbread house, which is really, really spectacular.

*note - 1900 PF is becoming somewhat of an arrival day "tradition" for our family when we are staying in the MK area.

I really appreciate everyone's comments, I am going to keep 1900 Park Fare and enjoy the resort at the same time. Our last trip, the piano player asked my daughter to see with him (she is a music graduate) will miss her on this trip. Life is ever changing. Enjoy your kids, they grow up and they are gone so quickly.

As much as I like Ohana breakfast (we eat there once every trip) if you have never seen the Mad Hatter 1900 is worth it just to see him. I do have to admit we have eaten at 1900 the last 2 trips as well because the 9 year old has loved Mary Poppins since she was about 3 (we watch the movie at least once a week).

I agree with this. I like the fact that you can sit back and relax at ohana while the food and characters come to you. I really like Ohana.

We like all the characters and have never seen Stitch or Mary Poppins or Mad Hatter, its just my 19 year old and myself, so relaxing, good food, and not so rushed characters are what we are looking for.
Sounds like Ohana is the right choice for you then. 1900 isnt bad, but its not my fave to be honest. The characters (other than mad hatter) were just meh. Food is good, but nothing blew me away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!