1993 Child's Super Duper Pass-Still good?

Pooh's Pal

Soon to be dancing with My Pal Po
Hi All, As I was going through an old photo album I found a what was called then,
a "5 day Super Duper Pass" for a child from our visit in March of 1993, when my DD was 6 !!
All 5 days of the park hopper part are used, but none of the pluses have been validated yet.
(I remember the weather was rainy and cold, NE had lots of snow in March that year)

They include Pleasure island, Typhoon Lagoon, River Country and Discovery Island (which I do not think is there any longer there).

My question is: Can we use those leftover 3 pluses to apply towards an adult park hopper plus pass? (As now DD is an adult, at least in the eyes of Disney!)
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any advise! :confused:

I spoke with Disney Travel yesterday as we have 2 unused days from 91
and she told me to take them to guest relations and they will apply them to a new pass

Thanks for the reply, I know you can reapply unused Days, but can we use Unuses Plusses?
Anyone? Thanks in advance for replys.

Yes, I am pretty sure you can. However, it will be a better deal to just use the passes. The reason is that if you cash them in, you will get the value you paid applyed to your new ticket. However, if you just use them, you'll get in today at 1993 prices. I hope that didn't confuse you, lol:confused:

Thanks for both replys. I think I will try to use it at the Typhoon Lagoon, but the Pass says CHILD, will they turn her away and tell her to buy a new one, as she is now 15, no longer a child, maybe in my eyes, but no in Disney's eyes!.

WOW, what kind of credit would I get for unused days? Can they be put towards an AP?

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you don't have anything left on those 1993 passes. :(

The way those passes worked was you had unlimited admission to the minor parks and PI for 7 days from the first use of the pass. That perk expired one week after you first used the pass anywhere. The only way one of those passes would have any value at all today is if you have any unused major park admission days remaining, but you don't.

Sorry.

I bought park hoppers a few years ago and one of my children is now 11. I called disney and they said to bring the pass in and they will replace it with an adult pass for free. Can you beleive that???? I thought that was awesome! A friend of mine did this and her passes were really old, and she bought them before AK and they still let her trade her old passes and go to AK!!! Didn't cost a cent!

Well all, I think that I will bring it with me in April....I'll check with guest services at a park entrance before I buy my DD her pass for this year...
If it's still good, that would be great!!! (but I highly doubt it, as Golden Oldie said--I think that's right)
If it's not any good...back in the scrapbook it goes! Thanks for all your responses!;)

Hi, Pooh's Pal. Just trying to save every penny aren't you? Thats the way to do it. Like someone else posted, options such as typoon lagoon were always only good for 7 days from the time you first used your pass. Luckily they have changed that in the last couple years. We have one option left from last year we will be able to use again this year. I would bring the ticket anyway, even if they give you a small credit towards your ticket it is better than nothing. See ya soon for the big day!!:D

GoldenOldie is absolutely correct. Might as well put back in the scrapbook and smile and remember the happy memories.

I agree with Gail, Goldenoldie is absolutely correct. The extras on the pass were only good for seven days from the first validation date. Back then it was use it or lose it. Sorry!!!!:earsgirl:

Are you all sure you have your years correct? I had a day for a water park left on one of my passes from years ago and took it with me. They were able to check it at GS and we had a day at the water park last year that we used from that pass. It was on a plastic room card. The pass is not that big I would take it and check it with Disney before I go and purchase anything. The CM told me to use the card and we were nervous because it was old but it went thru the reader no problem. CM also told me not to use the upgrade option because it is a dollar amount from that year you are given credit for.

Yep, quite sure. In fact, I double checked it in my old Birnbaum guide. It did not even have a bar code on it for the plus parts, in fact, I believe they used to stamp it with the date.
It was never put on a room key, it was a paper ticket in two parts, one part for the major parks and one part for the "super dooper" part. I found two of these little charmers the other day when cleaning out some stuff. Also, found two a few years ago with 3 days left on each, for the major parks, I traded them in on annuals.
Worst case, she can take them with her and they tell her to put them in her scrap book, best case, they are nice and allow her to use them.

Well, Well, Well, I just got on my computer and saw the replys to this thread......
Well after reading all your posts, I pulled out the pass again and turned it over and read the part of the pass (in discussion here-the water parks part) Well here goes...this is what it reads:
For SEVEN consecutive days after the "1st Day" stamped on your SUPER DUPER PASS you are entitled to admission and unlimited enjoyment of : PI, RC, TpL, and Discovery Island (which is no longer open) This portion of the Super Duper Pass is valid throught Fedruary 28th, 1994!!!
The 1st day of the stamp (and the only one I can read) is March 11th, 1993....my DD was 6!

So looks like it goes back into my scrapbook...Thanks for all your help and replys..
What's the saying..should of read the directions FIRST!!!! DUH..as my "now" teen would say!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter