• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

1999 mallard 25A

tiggereyore

The laughter of a child is the light of a house
Hi
Dh just saw one and is interested in it ( I'm at work and haven't even seen it yet).

1) does any one have one?

2) any problems?

3)Do you like it/ change about it?

4)Ride?

5) how low to the ground?

Any other info on mallards in general? Thanks.

BTW We have a 24' jayco j 2450 that an '84.

Mallard is a Fleetwood product, the largest manufacturer of RV's, they have a mixed reputation, people either love em or hate em, I do own a Fleetwood product we have a Prowler 31g, had it almost 2 years and no problems other than a bad toilet water valve.

I do see some quality control issues - mainly the holes in the bottom of the trailer where pipes and wirein gcom ein and out were not sealed to my satisfaction, i could see daylight from inside, I should say I did notice this on many different brands we looked at, how hard is it to use some spray foam and seal it up??

Overall I am happy with the product. The specific model you are looking at has a base MSRP of 11800.00 for a new model.

What type of tow vehicle do you have??

Hi Scott
I have a Toytoa Sequoia. Its rating is 6200lbs. The Jayco we have now weighs 4800 empty this mallard is just over 4000. I never haul with more than 20 gal of water and gray and black empty except for potty breaks. I can't say enough for the sequoia it hauls like a charm we still had to watch the speed there is so much power. We climb the Kangamagus in the White mountians the first time out (my dad wanted to see how DH handled it dad has a 40 fleetwood Excursion) by dropping to second going down we hardly touched the breaks. Going up if I didn't look back and watch it I wouldn't have know it was there.
I think your right about the problems of holes our jayco we could only find 1 but Dh said he could see that we'd be sealing a few holes on this one.
Thank you
Christry

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter