1am check in??

Mdktf

You gotta love Mickey waffles!
Hi, we have booked at OKW, we should probable get to the resort, after flight about 1-2am on the day we have booked (we could not get the night before as using dvc points and resort is booked).

What are the chances our room will be ready?

Hi, we have booked at OKW, we should probable get to the resort, after flight about 1-2am on the day we have booked (we could not get the night before as using dvc points and resort is booked).

I don't think you can check in that early. I think the computer doesn't roll over for the day until 6 am. I know I've had to hang out in the lobby.

We had a similar issue in 2001. We were driving, and planned on stopping. Didn't stop, so on the way down called and got a room at the Doubletree Guest Suites in Downtown Disney for a night. We pulled in at 1:30am, unloaded the kids and an overnight bag. No much sleep as they had fallen asleep by 8, so were wide awake next morning!

I'd book something, even an airport hotel if you are flying (if so, I'd do the Hyatt for convenience).

6AM is when the system rolls over, but if resort is full then you will have to wait until a room is cleaned and becomes available. Have you checked to see if one of the value resorts has a room for that night that you could book. I would rather do that then hangout in the lobby for hours and this way you can head to the park the next day and let WDW move your luggage to OKW.

I see you asked this on another board and you can read the full reply there and I’ll give a shorter form here. As a hotelier I can tell you we sell nights not days. So if you book Friday it actually starts at 6:00am Friday to 6:00am Saturday. If you arrive at 1:00am Friday you are actually arriving on the hotel’s Thursday. If you haven’t booked the Thursday then you do not have a room booked at 1:00am Friday and will have to wait until your Friday booked room is ready after the 6:00am rollover, possibly after the 3:00pm checkin time.

So, there will be no room available at the 1:00am arrival time and need to book a room at the airport. In the example I’m using, book a room at the airport for Thursday.

None. Book a hotel nearby for the night and don't show up that early. I have been a hotel GM for 20 plus years and there are some top annoying things guests do.. Showing up at 1am for a room you don't have until 3=4pm the next day is near the top.

Just spring for a cheap hotel for the night outside of Disney. Don't be THAT guest that we all talk about. Trust me, they won't rush to get you in early.

If you are renting dvc, the rooms are not available until 4 pm. In the 14 years we've been members, not once has our room been ready before that time. I'm sure someone has had better luck than us, but not as early as you'd like. We've arrived around 1 a.m. before and got a room for the night before. Well worth it.

Check out the rates at the MCO Hyatt for the night you get in. Sometimes they are $300+, sometimes they are $100. If you can get them for $100, it would be a great option. If not, book a Value at Disney. Let them move your luggage the next day.

Because there is zero chance you can check in at OKW at 1AM the day before you arrive. As other said, you don't become a guest on that day until 6 AM

In the 14 years we've been members, not once has our room been ready before that time.

We got into okw and blt earlier than 4, but by that I mean 9am. The clock had already switched to the next day.

At 1am it’s very much still the night before, and there’s no chance.

And if you were unable to book the night of your arrival, it means there are no vacancies. So even after 6AM turnover it depends on when people start checking out, and housekeeping turnover. I would expect to be without a room from arrival to 4PM - 15 hours or more - unless you book something for arrival night.

If you are saying you booked to arrive EX: Friday's date, but that your flight is actually late Thursday so you are getting there around 1 am Friday ................ you have no room available, and given you are talking a DVC you are arriving more than 15 hours early. Computers say a day early, they won't even check you in as arrived.

Everyone is correct, you won't get your DVC - don't go to the hotel. If you are using Magical Express book the airport hotel and then get on ME in the morning, drop your stuff with bell services then hit the pool or a park. If you are getting a rental car, book a hotel closer to Disney, get a good night sleep and then start your next day.

Your best bet is to just grab a room at the airport and then take the ME to the resort in the morning.

We have the exact same situation("HOPEFULLY" arriving in MCO at 1130pm, hopefully at resort by 230am). At first, we had a room booked at POP because that arrival at at 230am was a "waste" of a night since it was basically the next day so we booked the value to save money (we are then moving to CSR). After thinking about it for a few days, I realized that my room at CSR the next day may not be ready until 3 and I will have to check out of POP and wait for checkin all within a days time. It wasnt worth it to us, so I actually switched POP to CSR so when we check in, at least we have that room guaranteed ready (with a 2am checkin) and the continuation of the stay to consider! I know it kind of stinks but having a room your arrival night is totally worth the peace of mind

We have the exact same situation("HOPEFULLY" arriving in MCO at 1130pm, hopefully at resort by 230am). At first, we had a room booked at POP because that arrival at at 230am was a "waste" of a night since it was basically the next day so we booked the value to save money (we are then moving to CSR). After thinking about it for a few days, I realized that my room at CSR the next day may not be ready until 3 and I will have to check out of POP and wait for checkin all within a days time. It wasnt worth it to us, so I actually switched POP to CSR so when we check in, at least we have that room guaranteed ready (with a 2am checkin) and the continuation of the stay to consider! I know it kind of stinks but having a room your arrival night is totally worth the peace of mind
We've done both ways.
I figure if we are spending till 3:00 in the park it won't matter if I'm roomless all day. If I know we need a room before 3:00 for any reason we pay for the day before so we can have a room as soon as we arrive
All depends on plans

After thinking about it for a few days, I realized that my room at CSR the next day may not be ready until 3 and I will have to check out of POP and wait for checkin all within a days time. It wasnt worth it to us, so I actually switched POP to CSR so when we check in, at least we have that room guaranteed ready (with a 2am checkin) and the continuation of the stay to consider!

Yep!! Not having to get up and move rooms is awesome.

Alas the OP seems to be unable to get her resort booked for the night she gets in so she’ll have to move.

Zero chance. It isn't even remotely possible to get a room until after 6 am, that when it technically becomes your day to check in. I'd book a value resort for the night, and have disney move your bags in the morning to OKW.

None. Book a hotel nearby for the night and don't show up that early. I have been a hotel GM for 20 plus years and there are some top annoying things guests do.. Showing up at 1am for a room you don't have until 3=4pm the next day is near the top.

Just spring for a cheap hotel for the night outside of Disney. Don't be THAT guest that we all talk about. Trust me, they won't rush to get you in early.

I wanna know the other top things.

Or do I?? :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter