1br DLH versus 3 rooms Marriott Suites - help

I personally would not be comfortable sharing that small of space with non-family members and the EMH wouldn't be enough for me to sacrifice comfort/privacy for.

I would do the 1 bedroom if it were me and 3-4 other close family members (brothers, sisters, mom, etc), but would go for more bedrooms if it involved extended family and their s/o - especially more than 1 day. If you're closer with their girlfriends, it might not be that big of a deal but I know I would struggle with feeling like I had enough privacy and away time from everyone.

You're absolutely right, and thanks so much for sharing your story! I didn't think about it in that way, and every relationship/comfort level is different.

For the OP, I think what would be the nicest thing you could do is to ask your college sons and GF's what they would personally prefer given the pros and cons of each. It's honestly incredible that you have the generosity and kindness to invite them in the first place, and I am 110% sure they are grateful because I would be if I were invited to a Disney trip (hasn't happened yet but I can hope). BUT it would really be going the extra mile if you would at least consider their preferences. Once again, it is your generosity with your family trip, and the "kids" are your guests. I think including them in the planning process for accommodations would just make it extra special for them.

Definitely! I did make sure to ask all of them, and while of course they would prefer to have their privacy if it's possible, they also prefer to stay on-site and are very appreciative of the opportunity to go no matter where we decide to stay. I'm still on the fence.

I really didn't want to spend too much more than the one-bedroom is costing, but I might keep calling back to see if a two-bedroom opens up (at PPH or DLH) and what the price difference is between them, if we decide we absolutely must stay onsite.

Thank you all so much for your feedback! I went online today and saw that the 2 br suite at DLH was available, so I booked it. I then called to confirm that the online reservation was all set and canceled the 1br. I'm sure we will all be very happy having the space!

Thank you all so much for your feedback! I went online today and saw that the 2 br suite at DLH was available, so I booked it. I then called to confirm that the online reservation was all set and canceled the 1br. I'm sure we will all be very happy having the space!

You are very generous. I hope you all have a wonderful time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter