1br value vs BWV studio

Cyberc1978

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone

The family and I, 2 adults and 1 child are going to WDW in may. I had originally booked a studio p/g view at Boardwalk. Now I just saw availability in a 1br value at jambo, so I booked 3 days.

Is the extra space worth it compared to staying at the boardwalk?. Also the atmosphere during evening time is great at the boardwalk but at jambo you are more secluded and are locked into the resort. Except if you take the bus, and that would seem like much hassel, except if you are already at the parks then its easy.

Just wondering if the 6 extra points pr day for a 1br is really worth it. Had I already been booked into AKV I would have upgraded but now i'm in doubt.

Any and all thoughts are appreciated.

TIA

Will you be going to the Flower and Garden Festival much? For the concerts BWV is more convenient, but for the workshops, the venue is nearer the bus stops. So for me, it’s really a wash. For my flower and garden stay this year, I actually have AKV Concierge.

In the evening, I very much enjoy the CM’s presentations at AKV, both at Jambo and at Kidani.

Do you have a split stay, to enjoy them both?

Will you be going to the Flower and Garden Festival much? For the concerts BWV is more convenient, but for the workshops, the venue is nearer the bus stops. So for me, it’s really a wash. For my flower and garden stay this year, I actually have AKV Concierge.

In the evening, I very much enjoy the CM’s presentations at AKV, both at Jambo and at Kidani.

Do you have a split stay, to enjoy them both?

I have all nights except for the first at BWV in a P/G view. My thought was to drop the first 3 night of those and use the 1br value.

We are not gonna go more often to Epcot because of the flower and garden festival so that’s not a factor.

The idea of a larger room is appealing but I’m still undecided.

Regards

If you stay in that value 1BR, you will never want to stay in a studio again. AKV is amazing...you will forget all about BWV the minute you walk into the lobby. The 1BR will win you over with the convenience of doing your laundry right in the room. Nothing beats coming home with a suitcase full of clean clothing! The huge shower and jetted tub is amazing after a long day at the parks. The full kitchen is great, even if you don’t ever cook a meal, just having the full size refrigerator and freezer is convenient for storing water bottles and groceries.

The value 1BR is the reason we bought a contract at AKV...they are amazing. You even have a 40% chance of scoring a savanna view!

I love the BWV, especially during F&W, but if I had to choose between a studio at BWV and a value 1BR at AKV, the 1BR would win every time. AKV is beautiful in its own way and you won’t regret it.

I love BWV as well, but I feel like once you stay in a 1BR or larger, it's hard to go back to the studios when the point difference is only 6 per night. Having all the extra space is really luxurious.

We just stayed at both during our trip over NYE/Marathon weekend, and our family absolutely fell in love with AKL. We were at Kidani, but enjoyed our Boma breakfast and the larger gift shop at Jambo. I was expecting the bus situation to be awful, but it wasn’t bad at all. And the ride over to AK is really fast if you’re planning to spend time at that park. We also did two MK days while staying at AKL and had no bus issues. Well minus our return trip from MK after the NYE fireworks/countdown. I’d say you’re in for a real treat. My kids now say it’s their favorite even over VGC, so we may be looking at adding more points....

BWV was fine for the convenience factor of being able to walk to Epcot, but it didn’t really “wow” us.

We have been doing a lot of split stays between AKV and BWV. Just did it in December and last April. We don't feel there is any better deal than AKV 1 bedroom value. We can't spend more than 2 nights in a studio before we start tripping over each other.
Initially I was against split stays but the more we do them the more we enjoy them.

If your child loves animals, and the convenience of being to close to EP and HS aren't a factor for you, I would say go for AKV. Even if you don't get a room with a savanna view, there are lots of public places to view the animals from. AKV has a pretty good pool too.

I'm a die-hard BWV fan and I don't like staying at AKV for long trips, because I get tired of having to take the bus everywhere. But if it's just for a couple of nights, I really enjoy AKV. It's a beautiful resort. One of the unexpected things I really enjoyed about it was visiting with the CM's that were from Africa. They were so much fun.
The other amazing thing about AKV is the theming and decor. I really enjoyed just walking around the resort and checking out the different artifacts.

Have a great trip!

Thanks everyone for your reply’s.

What do you guys do at the resort during the evening? I know you can borrow the night goggles, bon fire are there any entertainment or kids activities during the evening?

I agree 6 points extra is not a lot extra to pay to get a 1Br.

Regards

Thanks everyone for your reply’s.

What do you guys do at the resort during the evening? I know you can borrow the night goggles, bon fire are there any entertainment or kids activities during the evening?

I agree 6 points extra is not a lot extra to pay to get a 1Br.

Regards
Aside from the activities listed in the link above, we like both pool areas and walking all around both resorts seeing all the different animals.

Hi everyone

The family and I, 2 adults and 1 child are going to WDW in may. I had originally booked a studio p/g view at Boardwalk. Now I just saw availability in a 1br value at jambo, so I booked 3 days.

Is the extra space worth it compared to staying at the boardwalk?. Also the atmosphere during evening time is great at the boardwalk but at jambo you are more secluded and are locked into the resort. Except if you take the bus, and that would seem like much hassel, except if you are already at the parks then its easy.

Just wondering if the 6 extra points pr day for a 1br is really worth it. Had I already been booked into AKV I would have upgraded but now i'm in doubt.

Any and all thoughts are appreciated.

TIA
It's well worth it if the location works for you and I suspect it does or you wouldn't have changed.

Well sometimes you don’t know if something suits you before you actually try it. :-)
Regardless, you've decided it's a good choice for this trip. AKV is great option if you're OK with the location.

Here's my dark and grainy Value 1BR from many moons ago.
We've been fortunate to have stayed in Value rooms numerous times, even though we're not owners. Love the rooms and the savings on points! We're going back for our March/Spring Break for a week in a Value 1BR. ;)

I look at it if it was my wife and I and 1 of our kids (we have 4 kids) I would say location location location. I would do BWV as we use EPCOT as an extension of the resort and wander in there or even DHS for that matter. almost every evening and just stroll around. I always prefer a 1br over a studio as the extra room and kitchen are awesome...for us it would still come back to the location of the EPCOT resort area.

I myself would rather BWV walk or boat to 2 parks than AKV bus to 1 park

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter