• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

1st Anniversary Dinner at Grand Floridian with Wedding Cake Replica

Hi. Great report, thanks. Do you know if you have to have the dinner during the fireworks? I am hoping to do something like this and then go on a wishes cruise afterwards? Also do you think I would be OK wearing a wedding dress during the meal and do you know of any other locations to do this?
Thanks for your help
x x x

Hi. Great report, thanks. Do you know if you have to have the dinner during the fireworks? I am hoping to do something like this and then go on a wishes cruise afterwards? Also do you think I would be OK wearing a wedding dress during the meal and do you know of any other locations to do this?
Thanks for your help
x x x
I don't believe that you would have to do it during the fireworks because you can arrange for a lot of different things through private dining at the GF. I would suggest calling Disney Catered Events to see what you can arrange first before calling the number at the GF. I actually dealt with them when I was considering an Illuminations DP.
http://www.disneycateredevents.com/?=EMC-11J11A
So, will that be your actual wedding day? :bride: If so, how exciting. The pictures I have seen of brides on the wishes cruises are always fantastic!

Yes it will be. Its only going to be the two of us on the day, I dont really like the idea of just the two of us sitting in a crowded restaurant with my dress on and this sounds really intimate:) Its not untill Sept 2010 so I might leave it a while before calling but thanks for your help-i didnt like calling for my ADR's last year-think the CM's had trouble with my scouse/english accent so trying to get as much info as I can!! x x

Yes it will be. Its only going to be the two of us on the day, I dont really like the idea of just the two of us sitting in a crowded restaurant with my dress on and this sounds really intimate:) Its not untill Sept 2010 so I might leave it a while before calling but thanks for your help-i didnt like calling for my ADR's last year-think the CM's had trouble with my scouse/english accent so trying to get as much info as I can!! x x
I think it would be a wonderful way to spend your wedding dinner together. The attention by the personal butler is amazing! If you don't want to do a lot by phone I wouldn't worry about it because the planners were extremely helpful and sent a lot of stuff via email :thumbsup2

I love the PD idea. I may surprise my DFi on our honeymoon. We were considering doing one of the dining plans, but are going to splurge at least one night, a PD may be a nice option.

Can you request to be inside at the GF, or is the default outside? It sounds like the view may be better and our honeymoon is in January so it may be a bit chilly (for me at least) at night.

I love the PD idea. I may surprise my DFi on our honeymoon. We were considering doing one of the dining plans, but are going to splurge at least one night, a PD may be a nice option.

Can you request to be inside at the GF, or is the default outside? It sounds like the view may be better and our honeymoon is in January so it may be a bit chilly (for me at least) at night.

This was definitely worth the splurge. Plus, if you're on the dining plan skipping a night for the PD means that you will have an extra table credit which could be used somewhere like Yachtsman Steakhouse which requires 2 table service :thumbsup2 I would assume that you could request that it be held indoors. I would just ask the planner when you call about setting things up. Odds are at that time of year it would get moved inside anyway, but I'm sure they would be more than willing to arrange it in advance :goodvibes

Does any one have pictures of the dinner for two on the balcony.
I am going to disney and have already made my reservation for the dinner for two on the balcony with the butler service.

But they will not show me photos of the views from the balcony.
They say you can see the castle, the illuminations show and the wishes show as well from the balcony.
Even though i am sure it is a great view i want to be certain.

She is kind of shy so I am planning on proposing on the balcony durring the fireworks. So i really want that night to be perfect in every way that i can make it.

Any other suggestions would be greatly apprecited.

I am going to disney and have already made my reservation for the dinner for two on the balcony with the butler service.

They say you can see the castle, the illuminations show and the wishes show as well from the balcony.

She is kind of shy so I am planning on proposing on the balcony durring the fireworks. So i really want that night to be perfect in every way that i can make it.

You can email me at Martys567(at)gmail(dot)com

She is kind of shy so I am planning on proposing on the balcony during the fireworks. So i really want that night to be perfect in every way that i can make it.

You can email me at Martys567(at)gmail(dot)com

We were told the night of our dinner that the balcony was two floors down from where we were sitting. At one point the waiter pointed it out to us, so I would guess the view should be similar. I wish I could help out more in that area and maybe someone else will be able to answer that question.

I'm don't think you will be able to see the Illuminations show very well from the balcony if at all. It will be pretty far off in the distance since the GF is right across from the Magic Kingdom.

I would also contact Disney Floral www.disneyflorist.com to have some flowers delivered to the dinner on the balcony or to have some things in your room once you return back to your resort. Also, you could request a special dessert like the Cinderella's slipper :goodvibes

Little things you can do are to get the special pins for engagement from guest services too.

If you need some help with more ideas just let me know and I would be more than happy to email you some links.

An early congratulations and good luck in your planning! :bride::groom:

Ohhhhhhhhh...how sweet is that? I would be glad to help as well. Just let us know if there is anything we can help you with!

Anna Marie

Thanks for all the helpful information. My fiance and I booked our special honeymoon dinner at the GF. We can't wait. Now we are just coordinating our menu.

You can do it through any resort at WDW by contacting Catering and Convention Services at 407-828-3200. They will assign you a planner who is based at whatever resort you are staying at, no matter which resort you want to hold the event at.

The other way to hold a Grand Floridian event is to contact their Private Dining department directly, the way Vanessa did. 407-824-2474

Thanks for posting this, Vanessa! :goodvibes I gotta get on the ball with my report on our anniversary IllumiNations party at Epcot...:cutie:

Carrie-
Can you really do something like this at any of the resorts? Where would the locale be say for AKL, BWI or CR? I'm curious...you know...for future reference. ;)

It depends on the resort. For example, when I talked to our BWI planner about doing something like this at BoardWalk Inn, we were just offered convention-center venues, which I wasn't that into. The Grand Floridian is unique in its various nooks and crannies. But you might see if Animal Kingdom would let you use an area on one of the savannah paths or near the pool. At the Contemporary I've read of them being done on the balconies around Top of the World Lounge, but when we asked our CR planner about this she said it wasn't possible. :mad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter