1st day arriving noon

Val-Mike

Earning My Ears
We're scheduled to arrive MCO 9:30A on TUE 4/25/06. I don't have our schedule with me, but did not schedule anything yet for our 1st day. We have the dining plan & no rental car so we're slaves to WDW for all meals! My plan so far is to use the " we go shop" plan I saw posted here once to order breakfast things/snacks (milk/cereal/bread/peanut butter/fruit/yogurt...you get the idea). My dilema is what to do for meals the 1st day? Check-in at CBR is 3P so we will be all checked in waiting for our room # and will need to hit somewhere for dinner at the very least. I do recall that the 1st full day we are there I've booked Liberty Tree for dinner & the next day Chef Mickey for breakfast. We leave 10 days later on 5/4, flight leaving MCO at 8P.

Bottom line - knowing all this can anyone give any suggestions on 1st day dinner ideas?? Also, does anyone have any comments on using the "we go shop" for grocery delivery? Or has anyone taken a taxi to Publix instead? Ideas on cost of that??

32 days to go!!!

Our flight arrived at MCO at 10:05 a.m. in late November. Using DE, we checked into WL,(room was ready) and we were on the boat to MK by 11:30 a.m. We had counter service for lunch, but the park was hot and crowded, and traveling made everyone tired. We came back and spent the afternoon swimming and napping. I had booked a late dinner at Coral Reef, and it turned out to be one of our best meals of the trip. Next time, I would not rush out to the parks.

Since you are staying at a mod, you could have a decent counter service lunch at the food court. Even if you room is not ready, if your suits are in you carry ons, you could relax by the pool. I have never used a shopping service, so I can't help there, but I am not sure you will need it at all while on the dining plan. My younger boy was not quite 3 in November, so he didn't have any meals. Even with the 2 boys occassionaly sharing a kids meal, we had plenty of food. We are pretty big eaters, but who eats an appetizer, entree and dessert every night? The only things I brought were the snacks I put in the boy's back packs for the plane rides. (cereal bars, crackers, juice boxes etc...) We were never hungry.

Even with all the walking, and the fact that I used the gym 3x that week, I still gained weight! Just my $.02, but I hope it helps.

I'm not sure that I understand what your issue is--are you just looking for a place for the first day's dinner? Or are you concerned about the early time or arrival and that you might not have enough dining credits for the week?

An idea--Beaches and Cream--if you are paying cash and not using the dining plan. Prices are more like a counter service place (as are selections), but it counts as table service on the dining plan.

When you arrive at your resort, there is no way to predict whether or not you can get into your room early. If not, they will hold your luggage and you can hit the pool or a park. We always do a character meal on the first night so that the kids get the Disney experience even if we don't go to a park. Since you have a 10 day trip, you'll have "almost" enough time to enjoy the whole place. You might want to consider a water park for the first day.

There is a supermarket in Crossroads shopping center--the closest one to Downtown Disney--right at the end of the hotel road. It is closer than Publix. However, might you be able to put some cereal in your luggage along with a jar of peanut butter and just buy the perishables? All of the Disney resorts have a market area where they sell milk, butter, cereal, juice, etc. THey have all the basics, but not a huge selection. For instance, they carry only Kellogg's cereals. I haven't used the shopping service, but have been able to get all the basics right at the resort. Since we are in DVC, we have the refrigerator and microwave in the unit.

With the dining plan, you will probably have more than enough food. Other than a few breakfast items, I can't see what you would need.

Back to a restaurant for the first night...what about 1900 Park Fare? Take the bus to MK and hop the monorail to Grand Floridian.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter