1st day of strict Atkins

deelam

DIS Veteran
Okay, I started the induction again, with only the basic foods. All the low carb goodies on the market got the best of me this past week. Knowing that I was going with the strict Atkins today triggered me to bing last night. I binged only on low carb goodies. I had a pizza tortilla wrap, it was so good. And also 3 morning start bars, and two low carb carmels. I have a bit of a belly ache today. But I feel good because I didn't eat the regular pizza the rest of my family had. After pizza, the family had banana splits. That's when I started with the candy and low carb bars.

Today I am planning my menu as follows:

Breakfast 3 slices of bacon & water

Lunch Shrimp cocktail, (I use steeles zero carb sweet ketchup for dip, it is good)
Also water

Snack string cheese

Dinner: Roast pork, I just put it in the crock pot this am with garlic. I hope it is good, I've never tried before in crock pot.
Cucumber salad with vinegar & oil

Plent of water in pm along with string cheese as a snack.

I have to start an excercise routine. 7 weeks to go until Disney and Universal.

Dee

Sounds good - with just a couple of suggestions.

You will burn out fast, just having bacon & water for breakfast (not to mention that's not too healthy every day, obviously). Maybe you could supplement that bacon with a couple of scrambled eggs with cheese? Throw in a few mushrooms, or chopped broccoli too!

Unless you're eating 3 cups of cucumbers, you won't be getting enough vegetables. The Atkins book says 3 cups of salad veggies a day during induction (or 2 cups of salad, plus 2/3 cups of other vegetables).

Otherwise - sounds great! Those pounds will be melting off you in no time! Remember, the first two week Induction period is the hardest!! If you can make it through those 2 weeks, you're home free! :sunny:

I agree with Rhonda. Go strict, but get in those veggies. They will help yo and make you drink lots and lots of water.

How is induction going for you? It takes lots of willpower to start strict induction again. I know I started induction for the second time this past Tuesday.

Hope today was an easy day.

Katholyn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter