1st Disney trip ever really could use advice

ariel_fan76

Mouseketeer
We will be in Disney on Saturday Aug. 26 - Sunday Sept 3 It will be me and my daughter and son I planned this trip to celebrate their bdays which are Aug7 and Oct 7 they will be 16 and 18. I would love input on my plans so far? I wasnt sure what to pick as far as fast passes since this is our first trip.

We are staying at Pop Century.
I figured the day we check in we would just relax and spend time at the pool

Sunday Aug 27th
Epcot
Fast Passes
Seas with Nemo and Friends 11-12
Soarin 1230-130
Turtle Talk 355-455

Dinner
Akershus 250

Monday Aug 28th Animal Kingdom
Fast Passes
Kali Rapids 1015-1115
Expedition Everest 1130-1230
Na'vi River 340-440

Dinner
Tusker House 745

Tuesday Aug 29th Magic Kingdom
Fast Passes
Haunted Mansion 1130-1230
Space Mountain 125-225
Jungle Cruise 415-515

Dinner
Ohana 745

Wednesday Aug 30th Magic Kingdom
Fast Passes
Pirates of the Caribbean 1045-1145
Big Thunder Mountain 1145-1245
7 Dwarfs Mine Train 420-20

Dinner
Whispering Canyon 645

Thursday Aug 31st Hollywood Studios
Fast Passes
Tower of Terror 1045-1145
Voyage of the Little Mermaid 1235-1250
Fantasmic 750-805

Dinner
50s Prime Time Cafe 435

Friday Sept 1st Breakfast at Ohana by 745am
dinner at The Crystal Palace at 345 then MNSSHP

Saturday Sept 2nd Animal Kingdom for

Fast Passes
Kilimanjaro Safaris 910-1010
Dinosaur 1010-1110
Flight of Passage 320-420

Dinner
1900 Park Fare 420 or 845

Sunday Sept 3rd check out

Only fastpass I would definitely change is voyage of the litttle mermaid unless you really really want the very first seats. I'd do toy story instead or rockin rollerocoaster or star tours! :) is also change turtle talk again unless you really feel you need to be up front. I can't remember what the groups are like for Epcot but I'd do mission space or the frozen ride instead if they're options:) your meal choices look excellent many of my favorites!! Have a wonderful time! :)

Only fastpass I would definitely change is voyage of the litttle mermaid unless you really really want the very first seats. I'd do toy story instead or rockin rollerocoaster or star tours! :) is also change turtle talk again unless you really feel you need to be up front. I can't remember what the groups are like for Epcot but I'd do mission space or the frozen ride instead if they're options:) your meal choices look excellent many of my favorites!! Have a wonderful time! :)
thanks for the advice i dont need to sit upfront so i will change these

Solid plan! I agree, I would switch the voyage of the little mermaid fast pass and personally, I would also switch jungle cruise FP with another BTM or 7DMT FP.

I would go for the later Park Fare, it will take a while to get over there from Animal Kingdom. My teenagers LOVED that meal by the way, their favorite of the trip! The stepsisters are hilarious!!

Since this is your first trip, and only if you can swap your fast passes, I would take more advantage of the extra magic hours. You may have two teenagers that simply cannot make the early hours. But, if you can, I would. I would swap HS and EPCOT (Hollywood Studios on Sunday and EPCOT on Thursday.

At Hollywood Studios, I would go first to Rock n Roller Coaster right at rope drop. I would then get in line for Twilight Zone Tower of Terror. (if you are brave enough). If that is not desired then I would go to the Great Movie Ride. The goal during Extra magic hours is to get at least two A category attractions.

I would have fast passes for Toy Story Midway Mania, Star Tours and either Indiana Jones or the Little Mermaid these would start around 9:30 and allow for an hour 1030/1130. I would look to eat lunch at a quick service restaurant like the commissary at around 11:00. To fill in go see the Muppet vision 3 D. It is rarely crowded.

I recommend you use the https://touringplans.com They offer a pay service, but I have found you do not need it. They provide detailed info on what attractions are open for extra magic hours, what attractions are available for A cat fast passes and B cat fast passes. They offer restaurant reviews and right ups.

At EPCOT (if you can do the extra magic hours) I would do Test Track and Frozen Ever After. I would then have fast passes for Soarin for around 930, Mission Space if it is open, and Spaceship Earth or Turtle Talk. You can fill in the rest based upon how tired you are and how long the lines are.

Regardless of swapping - I noticed you are going to AK two times. https://touringplans.com/animal-kingdom/attractions/morning-extra-magic-hour Both of the days you are going are extra magic hour days at AK.

I would use the Touring plans site -- there is a section there that will tell you what Fast passes are still available for each day. This is a free service.
I would DEFINITELY add Avatar Flight of Passage. If you cannot get a fast pass for it -- plan on going to it first thing during rope drop on an extra magic hours day. I would also keep the Na'vi river Journey, Kali River Rapids, and Dinosaur in your plans. I would also definitely use a fast pass on the Festival of the Lion King. To all of my family -- it is tied with the safari for best attraction (although we have not seen the new Pandora rides yet). If your kids like roller coasters, you would not want to miss out on the Expedition Everest. It is a CAT B fast pass.

Just looking over your itinerary -- I would also highly recommend going to the Hoop de doo Revue. I would pay for the (A) seating. We go every time and it never gets old. It is my favorite show at Disney.

This starts to get really expensive and I do not know your budget, but if you can squeeze this in -- I highly recommend it -- eating at California Grill. If you eat dinner there, you can get reservations for later for the rooftop viewing of the fireworks at MK (they have the music piped in). Even better is to make late reservations for around 8:30.

After you have the plans set -- print out the menus for each of the places you will eat. It is a great thing to get the excitement going. Your kids can pick out what they will want ahead of time.

You have really good choices for your meals so swapping would be difficult. I really would recommend the Hoop de Doo Revue though. It is at Fort Wilderness. You can ride a boat to get there from the MK.

Sorry, I could talk all afternoon about Disney. LOL

Since this is your first trip, and only if you can swap your fast passes, I would take more advantage of the extra magic hours. You may have two teenagers that simply cannot make the early hours. But, if you can, I would. I would swap HS and EPCOT (Hollywood Studios on Sunday and EPCOT on Thursday.

At Hollywood Studios, I would go first to Rock n Roller Coaster right at rope drop. I would then get in line for Twilight Zone Tower of Terror. (if you are brave enough). If that is not desired then I would go to the Great Movie Ride. The goal during Extra magic hours is to get at least two A category attractions.

I would have fast passes for Toy Story Midway Mania, Star Tours and either Indiana Jones or the Little Mermaid these would start around 9:30 and allow for an hour 1030/1130. I would look to eat lunch at a quick service restaurant like the commissary at around 11:00. To fill in go see the Muppet vision 3 D. It is rarely crowded.

I recommend you use the https://touringplans.com They offer a pay service, but I have found you do not need it. They provide detailed info on what attractions are open for extra magic hours, what attractions are available for A cat fast passes and B cat fast passes. They offer restaurant reviews and right ups.

At EPCOT (if you can do the extra magic hours) I would do Test Track and Frozen Ever After. I would then have fast passes for Soarin for around 930, Mission Space if it is open, and Spaceship Earth or Turtle Talk. You can fill in the rest based upon how tired you are and how long the lines are.

Regardless of swapping - I noticed you are going to AK two times. https://touringplans.com/animal-kingdom/attractions/morning-extra-magic-hour Both of the days you are going are extra magic hour days at AK.

I would use the Touring plans site -- there is a section there that will tell you what Fast passes are still available for each day. This is a free service.
I would DEFINITELY add Avatar Flight of Passage. If you cannot get a fast pass for it -- plan on going to it first thing during rope drop on an extra magic hours day. I would also keep the Na'vi river Journey, Kali River Rapids, and Dinosaur in your plans. I would also definitely use a fast pass on the Festival of the Lion King. To all of my family -- it is tied with the safari for best attraction (although we have not seen the new Pandora rides yet). If your kids like roller coasters, you would not want to miss out on the Expedition Everest. It is a CAT B fast pass.

Just looking over your itinerary -- I would also highly recommend going to the Hoop de doo Revue. I would pay for the (A) seating. We go every time and it never gets old. It is my favorite show at Disney.

This starts to get really expensive and I do not know your budget, but if you can squeeze this in -- I highly recommend it -- eating at California Grill. If you eat dinner there, you can get reservations for later for the rooftop viewing of the fireworks at MK (they have the music piped in). Even better is to make late reservations for around 8:30.

After you have the plans set -- print out the menus for each of the places you will eat. It is a great thing to get the excitement going. Your kids can pick out what they will want ahead of time.

You have really good choices for your meals so swapping would be difficult. I really would recommend the Hoop de Doo Revue though. It is at Fort Wilderness. You can ride a boat to get there from the MK.

I could use you to help plan my trip!! :D

Personally I would dump Akershus. There are so many better places to eat in World Showcase. I'm not sure it's the right character meal for teenagers.

The new breakfast character meal at Trattoria al Forno looks better for that age group. I know my three teenagers are interested for our next trip.

Thanks so much for the advice I will look into the site you mentioned and see how I can switch things up like you mentioned

I would change your FPs for your first day. first impressions are very important and you don't want your teens to decide the parks are for only little kids. Turtle Talk is filled with toddlers and moms. And Nemo is so tame.... I would change those to something more age appropriate like Test Track and Spaceship Earth.

How are your teens when it is time to wake up. If they are cranky I would book the fast passes later and stay out later at night!

How are your teens when it is time to wake up. If they are cranky I would book the fast passes later and stay out later at night!

They don't mind waking up early plus they are super excited about this trip BC it's celebrating both their bdays

You have a lot of good advice here - I'll just add that your first day looks like you are backtracking. I'd do turtle talk when you finish Nemo - there's no point in going back there for two different times. (I also don't think you need a fasts for it...)
100% agree about the later time for Park Fare - the earlier one is cutting things awfully close...

I'd take a look at the park maps and sort of figure out a plan of attack to minimize crossing the parks. You're going to be doing a lot of walking anyway!

Only things i would change would be your fastpasses for jungle cruise, and little mermaid. I would try to replace jungle cruise with one of the more popular roller coasters, big thunder mountain, 7 dwarves, etc. if possible. I have never had an issue getting a day-of fastpass for jungle cruise. The others are harder to get. But I also love jungle cruise so if you cant change it, its still worth doing! I would definitely get a fastpass for rock'n'roller coaster. Its a blast, and very popular with long lines so you should for sure fastpass it if you can.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter