1st full time female coach in mlb history.

I was talking to my DS about it tonight when we saw it on the news. He's a college player and thinks it's great.

From the article:

The team said Nakken has been responsible for "developing, producing and directing a number of the organization's health and wellness initiatives and events."

This is good, as more sports teams are focusing on well-being and encouraging things like better nutrition and yoga to stretch and calm the mind, etc. It will be interesting to see how it plays out and whether it helps the team with its success.

"Couldn’t imagine taking baseball instruction from an ex-female softball player."
He can't take instruction from anyone. He's an idiot.

The way it sounds she isn't going to be in the position of a traditional coach as far as baseball instruction goes. From the articles I've read I don't really understand what her position is going to entail.

"Mark and Alyssa will focus on fostering a clubhouse culture that promotes high performance through, among other attributes, a deep sense of collaboration and team"

That quote makes it sound like they're going to be in charge of team building and behind the scenes stuff. I wish they would explain it a little further to allow better understanding of their roles.

Huff sounds like a "wonderful" human being. I'm amazed no MLB team has hired him to be a coach in their org.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter