1st full time female coach in mlb history.

Another quote from Huff.

"no way women who have never threw a touchdown pass, hit a game winning 3, or hit a 2-0 slider deserve half of a mans hard earned money just for having his babies."
"Divorce rates amongst athletes will continue to rise until the justice system is rightfully fixed",

What a guy. I wonder if he's still available?

The way it sounds she isn't going to be in the position of a traditional coach as far as baseball instruction goes. From the articles I've read I don't really understand what her position is going to entail.

"Mark and Alyssa will focus on fostering a clubhouse culture that promotes high performance through, among other attributes, a deep sense of collaboration and team"

That quote makes it sound like they're going to be in charge of team building and behind the scenes stuff. I wish they would explain it a little further to allow better understanding of their roles.
Well besides what I wrote before, the article states this:

"Kapler said Nakken will travel full time with the team, will be in uniform before games and will throw batting practice and hit fungoes."

I'm betting there'll be other things that she takes on that may not be possible to define at this time. Roles evolve. But it sounds like there's plenty to keep her busy to start.

I was talking to my DS about it tonight when we saw it on the news. He's a college player and thinks it's great.

From the article:

The team said Nakken has been responsible for "developing, producing and directing a number of the organization's health and wellness initiatives and events."

This is good, as more sports teams are focusing on well-being and encouraging things like better nutrition and yoga to stretch and calm the mind, etc. It will be interesting to see how it plays out and whether it helps the team with its success.

Another quote from Huff.

"no way women who have never threw a touchdown pass, hit a game winning 3, or hit a 2-0 slider deserve half of a mans hard earned money just for having his babies."
"Divorce rates amongst athletes will continue to rise until the justice system is rightfully fixed",

What a guy. I wonder if he's still available?
Shockingly, that prize of a man is divorced. He's available ladies!

Also, do you worry about this any other time a male coach is hired? Can you even name the other coaches hired this season (the entire coaching staff save one is new!).

Don’t most if not all fans want the most qualified coach for the job?
I think that’s pretty much a given that nobody wants a coach who doesn’t know what the heck they are doing, regardless of their gender.

Don’t most if not all fans want the most qualified coach for the job?
I think that’s pretty much a given that nobody wants a coach who doesn’t know what the heck they are doing, regardless of their gender.
So why did he then did he make the statement when he admittedly doesn't have a clue whether she is in fact the most qualified? Why not make the statement when someone hires a coach that is known to have a track record of losing?

So why did he then did he make the statement when he admittedly doesn't have a clue whether she is in fact the most qualified? Why not make the statement when someone hires a coach that is known to have a track record of losing?

Well I'm not that poster so I can't say why they asked but, it isn't a false statement that they made.
If you want to know why you'll have to ask that poster.
If you have questions about other coaches maybe you should start a thread about every single one who has a track record of losing and see how that poster responds.
You can even keep score.

Also, do you worry about this any other time a male coach is hired? Can you even name the other coaches hired this season (the entire coaching staff save one is new!).
It’s not something I have ever worried about. Not even this time.

I haven’t asked any questions.

You didn't! I'm just curious if this post was about a dude, you'd mention anything about qualifications.

I don't think the Giants MANAGER is the best qualified person for the job, but I also think they know more than I do, and considered things I might not. Seeing as Alyssa has been with the organization for years already, I think she is probably more qualified than anyone doubting her is giving her credit for.

You didn't! I'm just curious if this post was about a dude, you'd mention anything about qualifications.

I don't think the Giants MANAGER is the best qualified person for the job, but I also think they know more than I do, and considered things I might not. Seeing as Alyssa has been with the organization for years already, I think she is probably more qualified than anyone doubting her is giving her credit for.
Then she should get the job. If you are correct that would fit the criteria of hiring the best person for the job.

It’s the “it’s about time” thing that’s hard for me to understand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter