1st solo trip. To tour or not to tour...

Luv Daisy

Earning My Ears
I'm not really sure if I should treat myself to a tour. I've never been on one at WDW and so I don't know if I should go ahead and do it. What are your fave tours and why?

My favorite was The Magic of our Steam Trains, because... I like steam trains! And I liked that it's a specialized tour. And you get to see a backstage area for the trains.

Did the Backstage Magic tour, but not solo - loved it. My wife not so much because she feels like it took some of the magic out of it. It includes lunch though so if you make friends easily it could be a good choice.

I am scheduled for Keys to the Kingdom in Sept. Looking forward to it. Only other one I have done is Behind the Seeds which was interesting

I'm not really sure if I should treat myself to a tour. I've never been on one at WDW and so I don't know if I should go ahead and do it. What are your fave tours and why?

From my experience, if you pick a tour that's in your favorite park, you can't go wrong. I've done several in Animal Kingdom (my favorite park) and next month I'm doing "Caring for Giants". Loved them all!

I tend to prefer tours that go backstage at some point, rather than tours that walk you through public areas, tell stories, and take you on rides you could have done on your own. I did not enjoy the "Marcelline to Magic Kingdom" tour, and I felt like I was wasting my time. I know it has its fans, and YMMV. :)

I have done Keys to the Kingdom and Wild Africa Trek solo. Enjoyed them both, they were something different and I learned a few things.

Touring is so much fun. Do the keys to the kingdom tour. It's so much fun.

Highly recommend taking a tour when going solo. I've enjoyed every tour I've taken: Wild Trek is probably the tops, but Keys to the Kingdom was also really good. Future World was a bit sad, as there was a lot of looking and talking about things that used to be there, but you also get to go thru the laundry area and see where the face characters prep to be on-stage... just don't make eye contact with them :duck:. Behind the Seeds was also interesting.

I have never been on a tour but on my next trip I want to do Wild Animal Trek in AK and Behind the Seeds in Epcot.

I did Keys to the Kingdom solo. It was a great way to see a different perspective to the park and meet other obsessed Disney fans. I think it’s also a good one to do on a solo trip because it’s several hours, so you don’t need to worry about getting back to your friends/family.

I’ve also done the Behind the Seeds tour which was really fun. It’s also short and inexpensive.

I've done just two - Wild Africa Trek and Behind the Seeds. Both were great and I recommend both. Went solo. Actually the only time I've done a NON-solo tour was when Disney offered a tour for teenagers behind the scenes to give parents a break from the kids - that was a LONG time ago now - and I did a backstage one with my brother.

I think as long as you have the time, money, and desire to do one of the tours - go for it!

I've done Backstage Magic and Keys to the Kingdom, and both were cool. There was some overlap in the two when you went down in the Utilidoors, which are not nearly as exciting as you'd think. In Sept I'm doing Wild Africa Trek, DestiNATIONS Discovered and Caring for Giants. I don't mind doing the tours solo and when I did Keys we had an odd number of people so I got to ride Haunted Mansion with our tour guide and she pointed things out and talked the whole way through it. Very cool way to do the ride!

I've done Backstage Magic and Keys to the Kingdom, and both were cool. There was some overlap in the two when you went down in the Utilidoors, which are not nearly as exciting as you'd think. In Sept I'm doing Wild Africa Trek, DestiNATIONS Discovered and Caring for Giants. I don't mind doing the tours solo and when I did Keys we had an odd number of people so I got to ride Haunted Mansion with our tour guide and she pointed things out and talked the whole way through it. Very cool way to do the ride!

I'm doing Wild Africa Trek in September too! :)

One of my best Disney memories was a tour of Epcot World Showcase by Segway that I took on a solo trip. Backstage Magic at Animal Kingdom was also good.

I've done several solo tours at WDW and DLR and the only tours I would do over again are the Segway Epcot World Showcase, which sadly is no longer offered and scuba diving at Epcot DiveQuest which you need to be a certified diver to even go on. Both these tours are at the top of my list and I look forward to diving again at Epcot next time I visit WDW.

It's kind of a tour, but my last solo trip in Dec '16 I did the Savor the Savannah: Evening Safari Experience at AK. It was awesome, and is also nice b/c it includes appetizers and drinks on the savanna.

Next solo trip in Feb I'm planning on doing Caring for Giants.

It's kind of a tour, but my last solo trip in Dec '16 I did the Savor the Savannah: Evening Safari Experience at AK. It was awesome, and is also nice b/c it includes appetizers and drinks on the savanna.

Next solo trip in Feb I'm planning on doing Caring for Giants.

Caring for Giants is FABULOUS, and really inexpensive. Could I ask...how were the drinks and apps on Savannah tour? It's expensive, but I love AK, and I'm going solo in two weeks...really thinking of doing this one...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter