1st stay at SSR

LAWalz23

DIS Veteran
I went "home" for the 1st time 7/28-8/1 and enjoyed it very much. The cast memebers were very, very nice. One night I got my Hoop Dee Doo tickets even though it was after 10pm (closing time for guest services). We stayed at the Congress Park section with a view of Downtown Disney. My niece and nephew (twins, 7) enjoyed the small pool as much as the large one. The only downside is the corridors being outside. They are very noisy, as the sound echos and one night there were a group of loud adults in the hall and it was hard to sleep. All in all, I enjoyed it very much and am looking forward to going back in January.

Glad to hear you enjoyed it and you are going back! :cool1: :cool1:
I also enjoy the Congress Park section very much. It's great that your kids liked the quiet pool so much, too!

LAWalz23 said:
I went "home" for the 1st time 7/28-8/1 and enjoyed it very much. The cast memebers were very, very nice. One night I got my Hoop Dee Doo tickets even though it was after 10pm (closing time for guest services). We stayed at the Congress Park section with a view of Downtown Disney. My niece and nephew (twins, 7) enjoyed the small pool as much as the large one. The only downside is the corridors being outside. They are very noisy, as the sound echos and one night there were a group of loud adults in the hall and it was hard to sleep. All in all, I enjoyed it very much and am looking forward to going back in January.

Glad you enjoyed SSR. I always like to read reviews of people that like this resort.

DAVE

Glad you enjoyed your trip and glad to hear that the young ones enjoyed both pools also. We stayed in the Springs section last trip, but I think I'd really like a Downtown Disney view if we stay there again.

ggrrr I do hate people that seem to forget that there are others sleeping right inside the rooms, etc. I didn't realize you could hear that much from the walkways to the rooms once inside. One of the coolest points on our tour of SSR (which was AFTER we had bought in sight unseen) was how well the balcony doors blocked the sounds coming in from outside. I kinda got the same impression from the main door, so either those people were REALLY rude and loud, or I was wrong. Probably some of both!

Glad the rest of your trip was great! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter