1st Time DV Points Purchase to Rent questions

Eldon Ahmu

FanBoy
Hi,
My family and I will be travelling a long way from home for our first family Disney vacation.

Iv decided there is better value by renting DV points from a existing DV member for our Deluxe Resort accommodation.

If you have any experience with this that can help me plan please share, also I have a few specific questions:

1. Assuming I find a DV member, who has the point for our accomodation, can they also add Park tickets and Meal plans to that same booking and I settle the entire package (room + parks + dinning) via normal payment method, eg. paypal

2. Or would you just organise accomodation only via DV member, and purchase parks + dinning packages once we arrive at the resort.

I want to go with best option that will give me the better price. Based on my research it appears that putting this all into a single package gives best value. If not guess we just purchase parks and dinning packages when we arrive.

Thank you!

With DVC there isn't a "package" to be booked. What DVC is only a way to book accommodations. However, with that being said if you want the dining plan the DVC member does need to add that for you, as I believe it needs to be added 2 days prior to check in. The difference in the DVC dining package is that it doesn't require park tickets to be booked at the same time. So with your park tickets you will be responsible to book on your own and should buy the cheapest options.

Last edited:
With DVC there isn't a "package" to be booked. What DVC is only a way to book accommodations. However, with that being said if you want the dining plan the DVC member does need to add that for you, as I believe it needs to be added 30 days prior to check in. The difference in the DVC dining package is that it doesn't require park tickets to be booked at the same time. So with your park tickets you will be responsible to book on your own and should buy the cheapest options.

thanks,
so based on your experience do you feel it wont matter if i pre-purchase park tickets or purchase them on the day? We will need to buy a 7 day package.

thanks,
so based on your experience do you feel it wont matter if i pre-purchase park tickets or purchase them on the day? We will need to buy a 7 day package.
A couple things
1) the Dining plan will be for length of stay or not at all, just wanted to confirm that
2) if you plan on taking advantage of booking FastPasses early, which you can 60 days ahead of checkin, you will need to have Park Tickets to do so.

A couple things
1) the Dining plan will be for length of stay or not at all, just wanted to confirm that
2) if you plan on taking advantage of booking FastPasses early, which you can 60 days ahead of checkin, you will need to have Park Tickets to do so.

Dining plan will be length of stay
We do want to book fastpasses early, so guess that answers that :)

Buy tickets in advance from an authorized reseller like maple leaf tickets or undercover tourist.

I've looked through undercover tourist website, they seem good and provide what little discounts are available..

If I purchase the 7day package for our family with UT, would we miss out on any offers or benefits if we were to purchase from either the official Disneyland website or Deluxe Resort?

I've looked through undercover tourist website, they seem good and provide what little discounts are available..

If I purchase the 7day package for our family with UT, would we miss out on any offers or benefits if we were to purchase from either the official Disneyland website or Deluxe Resort?

Nope a ticket is a ticket. Just make sure you have park hopper chosen if you want that feature. It allows you to switch parks on the same day.

By the way, ignore any private messages you get as a response to your post since that is a way people get scammed. Make any contact yours first to a post and then the owner responds.

By the way, ignore any private messages you get as a response to your post since that is a way people get scammed. Make any contact yours first to a post and then the owner responds.

Thanks for the heads up Deb & Bill, I'll be making sure I reference check any DVC owner thoroughly, before i arrange any payments..

How do you recommend i go about finding the DVC points im after for my specific resort and dates, I was just going to wait around till the 11months mark tick over, then wait for post in the "DVC Trade" section.. my vacation dates are end of April 2020, So I'm still a few months out before owners can check availability

Thanks for the heads up Deb & Bill, I'll be making sure I reference check any DVC owner thoroughly, before i arrange any payments..

How do you recommend i go about finding the DVC points im after for my specific resort and dates, I was just going to wait around till the 11months mark tick over, then wait for post in the "DVC Trade" section.. my vacation dates are end of April 2020, So I'm still a few months out before owners can check availability

11 months is just a month or so away for late April!

11 months is just a month or so away for late April!

My dates are 26th April 2020, So i think, if you a DVC owner you can check this date availability on the 25th of May, So around 1 month, yes,

Vacation date is 26/04 - 01/05, So i will need to wait until end of May/ early June, for owner to check in and lock in my proposed dates,

Does this sound correct? This is my first time..

My dates are 26th April 2020, So i think, if you a DVC owner you can check this date availability on the 25th of May, So around 1 month, yes,

Vacation date is 26/04 - 01/05, So i will need to wait until end of May/ early June, for owner to check in and lock in my proposed dates,

Does this sound correct? This is my first time..

An owner at that resort could book the reservation starting on May 26th or any time after that. :thumbsup2

You could respond to an ad on the DIS Rent/Trade Board or even use a broker. David is a sponsor for the DVC Boards.

Just remember, if the deal sounds too good to believe, it is too good to believe.

With DVC there isn't a "package" to be booked. What DVC is only a way to book accommodations. However, with that being said if you want the dining plan the DVC member does need to add that for you, as I believe it needs to be added 30 days prior to check in. The difference in the DVC dining package is that it doesn't require park tickets to be booked at the same time. So with your park tickets you will be responsible to book on your own and should buy the cheapest options.
Doesn’t dining plan only need to be purchased 2 days prior to check in?

Yeah not sure why wrote 30 that day. But it is 2. I’ve edited the post.
But if you know you want the dining plan, you don't want to be doing a last minute fire drill with the owner. The owner may not be responsive at 2 days out, for many reasons.

For a first time renter going with a broker such as David’s isn’t a bad idea - I believe he will refund your money if an issue arises with your owner and of course he has lots of experience and thus can guide both owner and renter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!