~~1st time staying at a value.....which is best?

loveysbydesign

I can pinch a penny so hard you can hear it scream
Contemplating staying onsite at a value for a quick surprise trip for maybe 4-5 nights. Which one is the cleanest, least noisy and has the best busses with the least wait times??? -to cut costs we wouldn't be getting a rental car..for the 1st time.

My vote would be for POP Century. I stayed there in early December of last year and it was very nice, much nicer than I figured it would be, being a value and all. And we never had to wait long for a bus, probably since you dont share bus stops with any other resorts (like the other values do). Most times we walked down towards the bus stop and the buses were already there, which meant no wait time at all. I think maybe the longest we waited for a bus (and this was only one time) was 10 minutes. Other than that it was either already there or came in like 5 minutes. Now, obviously depending on when you go and the crowd level at that time, this may not be the case for you. But I would still give POP a try as it was very nice. The only reason I am not staying there this year is because my parents are going this time and requested a resort with queen beds. Otherwise, we would definitely be at POP as it is much cheaper than a moderate and quite adequate for what we use it for (a place to sleep, a place to park the car and use the buses so we dont have to drive, etc.).

I've only stayed at Pop Century for the value resorts and I was pleasantly suprised. I thought that the rooms though small were adequate and I thought the grounds and landscaping were very well manicured. The theming is fun and the bus service was very good!

They are all pretty much the same when it comes to size of the rooms. PoP has it's own bus stop, because it is such a big resort. The ASMu, ASMo, and ASSp share a bus stop. We have found PoP to be the best out of all of them. Decor is lively, the food court is quick and efficient, and bus wait times are minimal at best. Some of the rooms way in the back of the PoP, are very quiet at night. Hope this helps!

We've stayed at every All-Star. Pop for only one night.

We recently got back from All SS. I don't care much for the Theming, but like I've said before the resort and our room looked so new and it was so clean it sparkled, lol. Everyone was nice, friendly and helpful and the food court was good, so that made up for the sporty icons which I don't care for.

I think All SS is the least popular of the values, but it's a great place to stay, IMO.

On our previous stay we were at ASM. The room was rundown, but I've heard it was recently refurbished (just as Sport was) so it's much nicer now. It has some amenities like movie nights -but Music and Sport are welcome to participate.

I think that of the All-Stars, Movies has the best theme. But it hasn't been refurbished, and it shows.

The All-Stars can share buses, Always picking up Sports first, and Movies last. But I don't see it as a problem, because when it's busy -like park opening and closing- each one has its own bus. I think the Values have great bus service.

Finally, Pop. Only stayed there onle night so I can't say much. It looked great. I didn't care for the food. But Pop it's the favorite around here. It has great themeing.

HTH. Whichever resort you choose, have a great time!

I would stay at the All Star Sports or Music. The rooms at both of those resorts were recently redone, and I can testify to the fact that they look great!:thumbsup2

At the All Star Music for an added extra they do games by the pool during the day, and show movies by the pool at night. Those things really added to the whole fun feel of the resort.

And about the bus sharing: The All Star Resorts have their own busses much more often than they share! And even when they do share it is not a big deal at all. The resorts are all within walking distance of each other, so it is not like the bus is driving all over the place to make stops. It maybe adds 5 minutes tops to the ride if the bus stops at all 3 resorts.

Plus to be more fair in the bus comparison you have to remember that the Pop resort is 50% bigger than any individual All Star Resort. So if you stay at the Pop every day you will have 50% more people with you hoping to get a spot on that bus. And in line with you at the food court. And looking for chairs by the pool.

My vote for best Value resort would go to the All Star Music. From the games and movies by the pool, to the refurbished rooms, and the bus service you can't beat the All Star Music.:thumbsup2

I vote for POP! It is a wonderful resort. Fun atmosphere and definitely in my opinion the best out of the four values!

I agree with maxiesmom.
Pop is showing wear and can feel very crowded.
We have not stayed at Movies and will not until it is refurbished.
Music is most recently renovated and in great shape.
Busses at All stars are much better than Pop. I like it that they share midday because your wait is much less than it would be at Pop.
Pop was my favorite value until my recent stay at Music. We liked it enough to book it for bounceback next year without considering another resort.

Thank you everyone for your opinions...I greatly appreciate them and it should help make my decision much easier.

Hmmmm....we are a Pop family. We love it and have never stayed anywhere else because of that. But, after reading some of the early posts, I'm wondering if we should give another value a try...:confused3
Any other thoughts on which value is the "best"?

I think we're leaning towards Sports or Music...however talking my dh into staying somewhere with a double size bed is gonna be difficult-lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter