1st Time to DLP, need advice please

Axelskater

Mouseketeer
Though I am at WDW in Florida 5 times a year, i am completely lost trying to figure this out. I am trying to book a room for 2 nights and the DLP site keeps giving me the room with 3 days in the Parks :headache:
I cannot even see an option for a 1 day only ticket purchase or just booking my room alone. I arrive in Paris (CDG) at 4PM, want to stay overnight at a Disney hotel, spend 1 full day in the park the next day, stay a second night and immediately leave for Normandy the following morning. Can anyone let me know please if I am missing something on the site where I can book room only, or room and ticket separately.
I have a few FP questions but I suppose that is best left until I figure out the above.
Thanks!

Lesson 1 when travelling: don't expect everything to be the same as home. ;)
What you want is not possible in Disneyland Paris when you book through their site, it doesn't exist.

Option 1: call Disney to make a room only reservation.
Option 2: use a site like Expedia, Trivago, Booking.com etc. to book a room only.

Get your 1 day ticket online or at the gate.

When you book through Disney you are automatically booking a package deal which gives tickets for the park for all days including day or arrival or departure.

When are you looking at travelling? If its in summer months the parks are usually open til about 11pm so you would have time to go into the parks for a few hours the day of arrival to get your bearings and perhaps watch the night time show which might make the package more worth while
The parks are very close to the hotels unlike WDW so its very easy to pop in for a couple of hours without the hassle of getting from your hotel

I am going to be there in early May. This will be my 1st Disney experience outside of Florida.
When I travel to Europe I always do a crossing one way and fly one way...this time I am crossing Eastbound so I want to get to Paris ASAP as soon as i arrive in Europe. This requires the Eurostar (tunnel), so it will have me arriving in Paris around 4, and probably just wanting to relax the 1st night, but I figure this is probably my only chance for a while to visit a park outside the US Parks.
Disney here is "competitive planning" - Advance Dining at 180 Days, FP's at 60. When I logged on to the site I saw 5 different types of FastPasses and I had no idea how to even buy a ticket :) I am going to call & book then work out my tickets later. I did check out the maps and it looks like we can walk to everything easily
Is there any restaurant which is a "can't miss" since this is probably a one time visit?
Thanks!

It is a regular North Atlantic crossing - Cunard :) the only line to still have regular TA service. NY to Southampton, 7 day crossing. She will plow through anything the North Atlantic throws at her. My 2 loves - Cunard and Disney
I am going to use Expedia since room only seems the way to go. It just goes against everything ingrained in a Disney trip to not have everything in place, including FP's way in advance! They are offering "half-board" I noticed also if I book a package so I will check out if it is cheaper to book Disney and not use all of the tickets because it gives me a few meals and a park hopper, or do it separately.
Does anyone have advice on Newport vs. Disneyland Hotel? Or insight into the "Club Level" rooms?
Thank you - I am excited to see another park, but I have a feeling from reading this it is a more easygoing experience.

It is a regular North Atlantic crossing - Cunard :) the only line to still have regular TA service. NY to Southampton, 7 day crossing. She will plow through anything the North Atlantic throws at her. My 2 loves - Cunard and Disney
I am going to use Expedia since room only seems the way to go. It just goes against everything ingrained in a Disney trip to not have everything in place, including FP's way in advance! They are offering "half-board" I noticed also if I book a package so I will check out if it is cheaper to book Disney and not use all of the tickets because it gives me a few meals and a park hopper, or do it separately.
Does anyone have advice on Newport vs. Disneyland Hotel? Or insight into the "Club Level" rooms?
Thank you - I am excited to see another park, but I have a feeling from reading this it is a more easygoing experience.

Many US visitors go for the Disneyland hotel as it is a once in a lifetime trip and they splurge on staying as close as possible.

It really depends on if you want to spend time in your room or not, do you want to make use of amenities or not. If you have the money, why not stay at the Disneyland Hotel.

The issue with NewPort Bay for some is that the hotel is very spread, and if you are in a wing far from all amenities or buses, going back and from the park or main building will take longer.

Club level will give you a room in the main building and access to the lounge for breakfast and snacks & drinks during the day (specific times), also rooms are a bit larger, dedicated check in.

You are arriving around 4 in Paris or Disneyland Paris? Either way by the time you get to the reception it is probably not that busy.

Regarding your question about 'must visit' restaurants, in MY opinion there are none ;) I think the table service restaurants are too overpriced to enjoy. Food in DLP is not at the same level as WDW, I never had a meal there that blew me away. I just need food to fuel my body in DLP, and not as an experience. I usually stick to counter service, Toad Hall, Hakuna Matata, are my favourites.

But maybe @olafLover can give a different perspective on restaurants ;)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!