1st time visit to DLP April 12 - where to eat after the park closes?

Eve626

Earning My Ears
DH & I will be going to DLP for one day on April 12. We've been to both parks in the US and love Disney. We will have PH and are staying in Paris so our plan is to arrive an hr before RD and start at DLP then hop over to the studios for a few hours in the afternoon. I plan to close out the park by watching illuminations. We aren't planning on any table service meals during our park day as I want to spend as much time in the parks as possible.

Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions about where to eat dinner AFTER illuminations? We will be taking the train back to Paris to our hotel and going to Versailles the next day.

Also any special tips for navigating what I imagine will be a big crowd?

DLP closes at 22 on the 12.

Thank you!

I was in Disneyland Paris at Christmas when the park closed at 10pm. The night time show starts at park closing for you Illuminations will start at 10pm. Everyone in the entire park will be on Main Street at 10pm, as they close all lands and heard people out to the hub and Main Street. The show is approx 20 minutes long, so it will end at 10.20pm.

It then depends on your location on Main Street. If want to be at the front and in the Hub in front of the Castle for Illumination, then in fact you will be at the back of the mass of people exiting the park after the show.

Even if you are nearer to Main Street Train Station, you will still get caught in the mass of people leaving the park.

I timed it one night, the show ended at 10.20pm but it took us to near 11.pm to get into Disney Village.

My advice to you would be just to go straight to the train station after Illuminations. Honestly you wont have time to got for meal AND get the last train back to Paris. You will still get caught in a mass of people, as alot will be heading for those last trains. From trips reports I have read, those last trains after Illuminations can get very crowded.

I would 1st find out when the last train leaves for Paris... then its a 45 minute or longer ride back into Paris...and do you have to change trains/metro to get back to the area your hotel is in.... then you still have to walk back to your hotel.. So you are talking about getting back to Paris around Midnight or later...

You might want to think about Ubering back to your hotel in Paris... It would be much more comfortable than being squished onto a train at the end of a long day...and a direct route...and this way you could eat dinner.

I would have suggested staying overnight at DLP at a Value this way you can enjoy the fireworks and everything it has to offer... but with going to Versailles the next day.. not unless you plan to go later in day to tour would this work out. Or if you did decided to stay at DLP 1 night you could go from DLP directly to Versailles... then back into Paris to your main hotel... If you could get a good rate it might be worth it... this way you can have dinner, then spend the night and get some extra sleep, before moving on to Versailles.

DH and I have done this a few times when we are vacationing somewhere and want to check out another area... we find a basic hotel for one night and just bring what we need for the next day...we don't check out of our main hotel...

We had some friend that just did this in Vegas... they were staying at the Rio ( for a week) and before they left she and I were talking and she was like we are so close to DL. I would love to go .... So I suggested this plan of attack... so they found a hotel near DL for around 125.00 I think it was like Holiday inn or Hilton garden inn, that offered free breakfast and transportation to the park...they just wanted a clean place, and hot shower for one night... They left Vegas early in the morning they left around 4:30am she said they just took clothes for the next day and a few grooming products, She said it was like around a 5 hour drive... they check in early parked the car... and caught the bus to the park... They did end up adding a extra day to their ticket to check out the other park... they stay till around 2pm then drove back to Vegas....

Whatever you decide have a wonderful time...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter