1st timer to dlp for 1 day over Christmas break.

andychris14

DIS Veteran
My husband and I will be going to Disneyland Paris for only 1 day over the Christmas break. We are staying in Paris and will take the RER A to and from Disney We have been to Disney world countless times. We know it is going to be very busy. We are excited just to visit and do as much as we can.
any tips would be greatly appreciated.
any touring plans, counter service and table service restaurants?
thank you !

In this thread, there are several threads to get you started: www.disboards.com/threads/faq-1st-time-visitors-crowds-weather-language-wifi-money.3736354/

There is no website like Touringplans for DLP like there is for DL and WDW. If you have 1 day, I wouldn't waste my time on table service. Especially during Christmas as it's going to be busy, it will take a lot of time. I would say stick to counter service, but if you really want to have a more relaxed sit down dinner, I would suggest to have lunch at Cafe Agrabah. The food is good, the theming is nice and as it is buffet you can determine better how long the lunch will take.

There is plenty of entertainment for the Christmas season, the only thing I would suggest to skip is the Tree Lightning. I was there yesterday and on Sunday and we were so disappointed on Sunday, we skipped it all together on Monday. It's not very interesting and there are only a handful of people who can have a good view, the rest have to settle for bad/distorted views. If you do decide to see it, make sure you stand on Main Street with your back to the Castle. There are some Christmas-themed snacks. There is a bit of food & wine festival going on in the Studios as well, if you really want to make a quick lunch or dinner.

The highlights of the Christmas season were Mickey's Big Band in the Studios, the Christmas Parade and as we love princesses the Princess Waltz ( I found it better than the version they had two years ago, my friend thought it was okay). Unless you really like Frozen, I would suggest to skip the Frozen Musical Invitation in the Studios. It's nice, but also here there are problems with getting good views.
We weren't able to fit in to see Surprise, Mickey! but it looks cute.

What else would you like to know? :)

Thank you so much!!
We plan on getting there at opening time or even before. It shows the parks open at 9:00am. Do they open a little earlier? Which park would you go to first?
Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!