1st timer to WDW needs lots of HELP!!!

mom2nickntink

WDW Newbie
1. I see on the boards everyone saying they are bringing umbrella strollers - we are bringing our dbl stoller (not umbrella) - can we gate check this stoller or do we need to check it as a bag?

2. What is Florida law for carseats for 6 yr olds? DS is 6-1/2 and in NYS he doesn't have to be in a booster seat - is it the same in Fl?

3. What is the weather like the week following Thanksgiving? What do we pack for days and nites? What are avg highs and lows this time of year?

4. How crowded is it usually this week?

5. Do we need to make PS reservations for non-charachter meals?

6. What are the best breakfasts for kids and at what park are they?

We are staying off site. This is our first time going as a family (I went in 1977 and DH went in 1980) and any other info/tips you can give about our trip for November is appreciated.

1. You can gate check the double stroller, we do it all the time. Start asking for a gate check when you check-in, don't wait until you are boarding the plane

2. Sorry

3. Could be hot, nice or very cold, I've seen all 3. Check out weather.com, go to Orlando and check out the averages and records link. Your best bet is to pack a variety of layers you can peel off as the day warms up.

4. We went 2 years ago first week December, would not say it was a ghost town, but definately lighter crowds than the summer. You will have great time, I wouldn't worry about the crowds at all.

5. You don't have to make PS's. We only make them for character meals during value season. DH hates to be tied down to a schedule, thinks it takes all of the fun out of it. You certainly can if you there are specific places you want to eat, and you may want to eat on the earlier side, before the rush or you very well may be shut out. You can often make them in the morning if you have a better plan of where you will be, then you don't end up waiting for dinner.

6. Not sure, we are so rushed in the morning we usually have milk and cereal in our room....

Hope this helps

1. we always gate check it right before they start boarding. They give you a tag to put on it. Then one for you to hold on to to identify it later. Then it's there waiting for you when you get off the plane.

2. No you do not need a car seat for your 6 year old in FL.

3. Yes, check the weather before you leave and pack for both kinds of weather.

4. Crowds should be manageable!

5. Not really necessary except for character meals.

6. Not sure if you mean character breakfasts or regular restaurants or fast food?

Have a wonderful trip!

A character breakfast at Chef Mickeys is a great breakfast for kids. It is given in the Contemporary hotel which is on the monorail system going to the Magic Kingdom. The characters are Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald Duck ,Chip, and dale. Buy autograph books before you go and bring a camera with plenty of pictures. If you are early risers make a reservation early before the parks open.

3. The weather is always a great question, I have had both just check the 10 day forecast for Orlando right before your leaving.

4. Crowds that week are reasonable with minimal lines

5. You don't need PS unless Character meals but you can still make them just to really have no waiting.

6. Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club Resort near world showcase entrance to Epcot, has a great buffet character breakfast.....i go everytime and i visit disney every 3 months. There is a server there named Sami - she works monday thru friday and is incredible! I recommend requesting her. Bring your camera and autograph books. Goofy, Chip, Dale, and Minnie! Goofys Beach Party!

Also, check disney.com and see if they are having Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party during your stay.....it is a additional cost, but it is so much fun...hot chocolate and cookies in the Magic Kingdom with snow on main street, special shows and parades, a free photo, and the characters dressed in they holiday attire, great thought for those holiday cards! I've gone the last 2 yrs and had a great time and photos.

Good luck planning and have a GREAT trip ! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter