• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

1st week in May?

areno79

DIS Veteran
Hello!
DH and I are hoping to bring my 9 and 11 year old cousins to Disney World the first week in May, from May 1 through May 7. We'll probably stay at a Value, hopefully Pop Century. My question is, what is it like during this time of year? I was thinking it wouldn't be too bad because Spring Break would be over, but you can never tell with Disney ;)
DH and I have been before in Feb-March of '03, and the parks were a madhouse...I'm hoping it's not as busy as that time of year!
Thank you!

Hi and Welcome to the DIS :wave:

Wea will be there at the same time :) I am hoping it won't be too busy but 05/05/05 is the start of the 50th Celebration. Check out the Theme Park Attractions and Stategies Board for more info.

How was it, Candace? Which section did you stay in? I know 60's is the preferred, but I'm going to request a room in the 70's, it looks just as close to everything on the map :)

We went in May 2 years ago and the crowds weren't too bad but it was really hot. We are going in April this year and hoping it won't be quite as hot as I have a 5 year old with epilepsy and the heat affects him having seizures. The 50th celebration starts May 5th so it may be busier than usual.
Have fun! :banana:

I put a room on hold today for Pop Century and asked for a room in the 70's, which the CM at CRO said was no problem. Hopefully now a code will come out to bring down the price of the room!

May is a pretty good time to go. We try to go in either January, May, October or November, and out of these months, I think I enjoy May the most. I guess it's because of the Flower Festival at Epcot. It shouldn't be too crowded. Of course, the big 50 year celebration begins on May 5, so who knows? :flower:

:earboy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter