$2,000 Really?!?

stitchlover

DIS Veteran
We have this years trip planned and ready to go. Just waiting for March 11 to arrive. So I thought I would start looking into planning next years trip. DH is thinking Boardwalk (we have never been there) and I am thinking WL because we loved it when we stayed there. I called to get a room only quote and it is $2,000 more to stay at Boardwalk. Is it really that much better? Is it because it's so close to two parks? Can't quite figure out why it's so much more expensive.

There are some discounts available for the Boardwalk. 40% regular rate.
You might want to check on that. Boardwalk is good if you plan on going to Epcot and Hollywood Studios often during your trip.

We have this years trip planned and ready to go. Just waiting for March 11 to arrive. So I thought I would start looking into planning next years trip. DH is thinking Boardwalk (we have never been there) and I am thinking WL because we loved it when we stayed there. I called to get a room only quote and it is $2,000 more to stay at Boardwalk. Is it really that much better? Is it because it's so close to two parks? Can't quite figure out why it's so much more expensive.

I seem to agree with the masses here. Check into renting DVC points , or see if becoming a DVC member is doable.
The money you would spend for just a week , could be used as your down payment and your hotel stays for the next 40 years would be paid for :banana::banana::banana:

Boardwalk is a deluxe resort (like WL, I know), but I think it gets the higher price because of the entertainment factor of the boardwalk itself. I've also been told by several DVC agents that it is the most popular of all the DVC resorts right now. I'm sure that is another sign of it being high in price.

I could actually doing Contemporary Bay Lake View for less than the Boardwalk. We paid the premium and stayed at the Polynesian last year and we were really disappointed with it. So I think we are going to pass on Boardwalk.

I seem to agree with the masses here. Check into renting DVC points , or see if becoming a DVC member is doable.
The money you would spend for just a week , could be used as your down payment and your hotel stays for the next 40 years would be paid for :banana::banana::banana:

WOAH!
You make it sound like the money (a week's stay / down payment) would pay for the next 40 years of hotel stays. Don't they still have to finish paying the mortgage, and then the annual fees?

WOAH!
You make it sound like the money (a week's stay / down payment) would pay for the next 40 years of hotel stays. Don't they still have to finish paying the mortgage, and then the annual fees?

Yes . you do have to pay anual dues on your points , I love DVC so much I always forget about them :upsidedow
You can pay for your anual dues either in one lump sum, or in monthly installments , whatever works better for you.

What happen if I am still late with my 2023 anual dues ?

What happen if I am still late with my 2023 anual dues ?

This thread is over 13 years old.

You will not be able to use your membership if you still owe dues. You will be locked out.

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.g...ome_Resort_Rules_and_Regulations_Aug_2021.pdf
VII. DISNEY VACATION CLUB OPERATIONS

1. Annual Dues.
Around the beginning of each calendar year, Club Members will receive a statement setting forth their Annual Dues. Annual Dues are based on calendar years, not on Use Years. These Annual Dues may be paid in one of two ways :

a. A single lump-sum payment due on or before the due date. Annual Dues are considered past due on the date set forth in the governing documents for each DVC Resort or the arrival date of a reservation made with Home Resort Vacation Points, whichever is earlier. If the Club Member’s payment arrives on or after the past due date, interest will accrue from due date, and a late fee may be imposed.

b. Equal monthly direct debit installments collected by the 1st or 15th of each month. The number of such installments will be determined by the mailing of the statement of Annual Dues. The monthly payment option is only available on a direct debit basis from a U.S. bank account .Notwithstanding the Annual Dues payment procedure set forth in these Rules and Regulations, the board of directors of the Association for each DVC Resort may amend the due date, past due date, the number of direct debit installments, and the collection date for direct debit installments from time to time.

2. Lock-Out.
Pursuant to the governing documents for each DVC Resort and applicable law, DVC Operator is authorized to deny membership privileges to any Club Member who fails to pay Annual Dues with respect to any Ownership Interest that the Club Member owns or fails to adhere to the requirements of any of the governing documents for their Home Resort or another DVC Resort or the Club (“Lock-out”). Reservations associated with a Club membership that is in Lock-out status may be canceled and all cancellation fees or penalties will be the responsibility of the Club Member. Lock-out status will prevent the Club Member from making any reservations with respect to their Club membership either at their Home Resort or at any other DVC Resort through the DVC Reservation Component, checking in at any DVC Resort in the event of an already confirmed reservation, Banking or Borrowing Home Resort Vacation Points, Transferring Home Resort Vacation Resorts, making an External Exchange Program reservation, or accessing or using any other Club Member benefit program. It will also prohibit the use of any of the accommodations and facilities of the Club Member’s Home Resort or any other DVC Resort unless and until the total amount of the delinquent Annual Dues is satisfied in full with guaranteed funds or the violation of the governing document is remedied, as determined by DVC Operator in its discretion. If a Club Member is prohibited from making a reservation or using accommodations and facilities at their Home Resort, the Club Member will also automatically be prohibited from making a reservation or using accommodations and facilities at any other DVC Resort, except as permitted by DVC Operator in its discretion

Is renting points from DVC members the deal that it seems like? Because I'm on Dave's Vacation Club Rentals site and it's showing three nights in December for the Grand at $1,134.

That can't possibly be right... can it? I mean, that's more than 50% discount vs Disney's site.

Is renting points from DVC members the deal that it seems like? Because I'm on Dave's Vacation Club Rentals site and it's showing three nights in December for the Grand at $1,134.

That can't possibly be right... can it? I mean, that's more than 50% discount vs Disney's site.
You may want to see the posts just above yours as this is a zombie thread from 13 years ago. You will have better luck on the main DVC forum.

I agree. Rent DVC points. I’m a DVC owner and we own at Boardwalk as well as Animal Kingdom. The Boardwalk theme is not particularly appealing to us. It’s fine… it’s just not amazing to us like other resort
theming such as AKL or Wilderness Lodge. BUT… the location, the vibe of the boardwalk, the surrounding restaurants, etc are all top notch. It’s hard to beat BW in those categories.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter