2/20/18 Show - Toy Story Land News Story

savannahindisney

Earning My Ears
I got a little aggravated when the question arose about Toy Story Land rivaling Cars Land.

While I understand there are two perspectives - some that are very excited and others that feel underwhelmed, I think it is fair to say that while we will be able to appreciate Toy Story Land for what it is, it will not match Cars Land overall.

They do both have three attractions, but Cars Land introduced three new attractions, while Toy Story will only introduce two. There are plenty of logical reasons it will not be AS amazing.

The overall opinion seemed to agree with the things I just mentioned, but it seemed as if Craig and Steve were shut down when they listed the reasons it won't be as great, when they were just answering the question asked and giving reasons to support their opinion.

I understand this isn't that big of a deal and everyone has a right to their opinion of what Toy Story Land is going to be -- What's yours?

I got a little aggravated when the question arose about Toy Story Land rivaling Cars Land.

While I understand there are two perspectives - some that are very excited and others that feel underwhelmed, I think it is fair to say that while we will be able to appreciate Toy Story Land for what it is, it will not match Cars Land overall.

They do both have three attractions, but Cars Land introduced three new attractions, while Toy Story will only introduce two. There are plenty of logical reasons it will not be AS amazing.

The overall opinion seemed to agree with the things I just mentioned, but it seemed as if Craig and Steve were shut down when they listed the reasons it won't be as great, when they were just answering the question asked and giving reasons to support their opinion.

I understand this isn't that big of a deal and everyone has a right to their opinion of what Toy Story Land is going to be -- What's yours?
When Toy Story Land was announced at D23 Expo in 2015 Kathy Magnum of Imagineering compared it specifically to Carsland and she is someone who worked on the Carsland project. The talk was all about immersion and being shrunk down to the size of a toy. At that time the land didn't face its budget cuts yet either.

Toy Story Land only introduces two new attractions but the land overall will have three as Toy Story Mania will be part of the land so it will have the same amount as Carsland.

While I am not impressed by what we have seen I haven't been in it yet. I am excited to try it out though. We have to remember this land is all about capacity for a park that doesn't have it and needs it especially when Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge opens in 2019.

I would be curious to see it, but since I've had neck surgery, I don't know if I'll be able to ride either attraction, and I don't really care for TSMM, and will not wait in much of a line for it, I don't know how much appeal it will have for me, beyond idle curiosity to see it the first time.

Personally, I am much more excited for the Mickey/Minnie runaway train ride, as it is "classic Disney" (as @DisneyKevin has said), and also I"m pretty sure I'll be able to ride it, even with my health issues.

I'm really excited for it. I was also excited to hear about Pixar Pier. Super bummed I will miss the opening of that one by 1 month. I am hoping it is up there with Carsland.

I have yet to visit Cars Land, but the ride itself is basically Test Track, right? (ride mechanics/etc).

I just assumed that was the main reason to not bring that HERE. And also, why not have some things exclusive to one resort.
With that said, Toy Story Land will be a welcome addition to a park that is light on the more kid-friendly attractions (well, attractions in general, really).

We are going to Carsland this May and plan on going back to WDW next summer. I am afraid that Disneyland will make us want to stay out West for next vacation. With that being said we are looking forward to the new Toy Story land. Seldom does a ride/land turn out exactly like the plans. Even the new Fantasyland was missing some of the original charm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!