2 adults one week (HNL) in Aulani what day trips would you do Need help...

dis2cruise

Long Island, NY
Not into doing a luau also, my husband and I are not into snorkeling or surfing either...
But... not sure if there’s any wineries any where on the island that would be fun!!
We we’re thinking....

1. north shore what are the top places to see/do?

2. Pearl Harbor / swap meet

3. spa day at Aulani,

4. Waikiki shopping/lunch/beach

Any add-ons to my itinerary would be appreciated or any suggestions. We would love to make the most of our vacation and yes we will have time to spend at Alani just relaxing by the pool as well!!

Definitely a spa day at Aulani!

If you're comfortable riding a moped, I would suggest renting one from the Waikiki area (we rented from Hawaiian Style Rentals) and riding along the coast towards Lanikai. It was a really fun day and a great way to see the island. I had never been on a moped before but they do give you lessons before they send you off.

1. north shore what are the top places to see/do?

2. Pearl Harbor / swap meet

3. spa day at Aulani,

4. Waikiki shopping/lunch/beach

1. North Shore - we loved Kono's for lunch followed by Matsumoto's for shave ice. Also made a stop at Laniakea Beach to see the sea turtles. Also went to Waimea Valley which was enjoyable but not a must do, IMO.

2. Loved Pearl Harbor, but didn't care much for the Swap Meet. Many of the booths offered the same trinkets. While the prices were good, a lot of the same things could be found at the various ABC stores all over the place.

3. We did the couples massage and loved it. The hydrotherapy gardens were awesome. Also thought the pricing was decent, and the locker room amenities were nice. Highly recommend.

4. We spent 3 nights in Waikiki before going to Aulani, and loved walking up and down the strip of Waikiki. We ate at some casual places, but would recommend House Without a Key for a nice dinner with a view. We stopped in there and it was gorgeous and we liked it better than Duke's, which is often recommended. Also recommend parking somewhere and utilizing the Pink Line trolley. It goes up and down the Waikiki strip and is hop on hop off with cheap fares. Easy to use with convenient stops. Good for shopping.

My trip report is in my signature with everything we did. We are also 2 adults and were on our honeymoon, no snorkeling/surfing. In addition to the things listed, we also spent a day at Kualoa Ranch doing the movie tour which was fun and then spent the afternoon in Kailua which is beautiful. Nicest beach we saw in Hawaii. We also did Diamond Head which to us is not something we'd repeat.

If you'll have a car, I'd recommend a smartphone app of downloadable driving tours called "Shaka Guide". Each tour costs about $5 or $6. We did 3 of them on Kauai and 2 on Oahu. They were pretty good.

Definitely a spa day at Aulani!

If you're comfortable riding a moped, I would suggest renting one from the Waikiki area (we rented from Hawaiian Style Rentals) and riding along the coast towards Lanikai. It was a really fun day and a great way to see the island. I had never been on a moped before but they do give you lessons before they send you off.

Mopes sounds like fun!!

Yes, we are book for a couples massage!!

If you're at all into history, a tour of Iolani Palace is really interesting. We did the self-guided tour with the listening devices, and it was great!

Also, while Dole Plantation is a pretty touristy place to go, we made it a short stop and that worked well for us. We took the narrated train ride around the plantation fields and really enjoyed it. Then a Dole Whip treat, and we moved on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter