2 Bedroom Villa or 2 Separate Rooms?

Ozmosis45

Earning My Ears
Hello all, my family and I are going to Walt Disney World November 2020. The party is going to be 5 in total: Me, Wife, and son, sister in law and her husband.

My question is which is cheaper between the 2 listed above? I heard that 2 bedroom villa is slightly more but that’s fine due to the extra amenities. But is it a significant price hike?

In your experience which resort has the least expensive 2 bedroom villas?

last question is if we do end up getting 2 separate rooms is it possible to get them with a joining door between them.

thank you all in advanced!

Hello all, my family and I are going to Walt Disney World November 2020. The party is going to be 5 in total: Me, Wife, and son, sister in law and her husband.

My question is which is cheaper between the 2 listed above? I heard that 2 bedroom villa is slightly more but that’s fine due to the extra amenities. But is it a significant price hike?

In your experience which resort has the least expensive 2 bedroom villas?

last question is if we do end up getting 2 separate rooms is it possible to get them with a joining door between them.

thank you all in advanced!

For DVC, I think Poly is the only way to go with connecting studios. Otherwise it's a studio and one bedroom = 2 bd lockoff.

Are you planning to cook? Want a place for the family to gather?

Last edited:
I have also been looking into this for a future trip. Have you ever shared living quarters with the other couple? Do you get along great or do you think after a few days in the Florida heat you may need to escape to your own living quarters? Also consider the DDP (If you are thinking about it)...if you are all in one 2 bedroom villa the plan applies to all of you (I believe). Are you okay with that? Pricing for the 2 options, they are pretty close but it depends on the resort. Last I checked Saratoga has the lowest 2 bedroom rates. And yes it is possible but not guaranteed to get 2 separate rooms with connecting door at some resorts. Good luck and enjoy the planning!

If you go with the two separate rooms, would your trip be ruined if they didn't have the inside connecting door? Because while you can request that room set up it is not something you can book, nor is it guaranteed you will get them.

A lot depends on how you vacation.

If eating at WDW restaurants most of the time is a big part of your experience then yes 2 hotel rooms or studios are cheaper. If not then the savings on food from preparing and eating in the 2br can be dramatic. Assuming your food cost would be at least what the DDP plus plan is that would be $475/day my experience is that even with significant splurges it is hard to spend more then $175/day for groceries and in park treats, so $300/day to go towards the extra cost of the 2br.

Also a villa experience is very different experience, positive it you like to spend time with your group.

Also having a washer/ dryer is a big plus and allows much lighter packing

Last October our family of six had two connecting rooms at CSR and loved it. The extra space and bathroom was needed, and it was also helpful to be able to close the door between us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts