2 Best Friends - 2013 July Disney World Vacation

Can't wait to find out how you liked Tony's! the Girls are adorable. you are such a wonderful Dad!

Really nice pictures. It really was a picture perfect day at Magic Kingdom. I'm really glad that Midori got to share her love of Disney with her BFF.

I reserved a standard room in hoping for some kind of upgrade and yes we received one, Savannah view room 3210 on the main level.

What a great upgrade! Awesome :thumbsup2

Midori and I played Host and hostess for the day to make sure Lucy and Kathleen could do as much as they could since this was their first visit to Disney. We went to Be Our Guest at 5:00PM to check in for our 5:30PM reservation. Seated at 5:45PM and enjoyed the dinner and getting pictures taken with the Beast.

I'm sure they appreciated having someone show them the ropes. Glad you all enjoyed BOG.

We started at RRC and T of T, rode each one 3 times before the tour group got in line. Midori and Lucy had a great time on the two rides. The laughed, giggled and smiled the entire time.

Ick...tour groups. This is why I decided on August this year instead of July. I have heard, and I pray this is right, that the groups clear out by August. Fingers crossed!

We walked the resort grounds, enjoyed visiting the food courts and shops. We ate lunch at the Captain Cooks at the Polynesian Food Court.

Yum...Capt Cooks....can't wait! What did you all have?? Anyone try the pork nachos?? Yummmmm

We decided to swim at the Beach and Yacht Club shared pool. WOW !!! The pool is amazing. Sandy bottoms, Small Lazy River and a nice 8 foot deep section where we could dive and swim around in.

Really?? I had heard that they have the most strict pool in Disney as far as pool hopping. I thought it was all fenced off and you needed wristbands to get in. I'm surprised to find out, in July no less, that they allowed you there??? Glad for you...what a fun place, but surprised.

Decided to eat at the food court at Riverside and then returned back to AKL for the night.

Again...what did you all eat?? Make Your Own Pasta?? Yum!! Can you tell I'm hungry right now?? All I care about is the food! popcorn::

Great trip report Bob. Glad to see you all had fun! I just love Animal Kingdom Lodge. Someday we will stay there, but for now, while my son is young, I like to be closer to MK. But AKL is just beautiful. And to be upgraded to Savanna view....awesome!

What a great upgrade! Awesome :thumbsup2

I'm sure they appreciated having someone show them the ropes. Glad you all enjoyed BOG.

:thumbsup2Enjoyed the dinner very much and WOW!! the Lemon Cupcake was Superb.

Ick...tour groups. This is why I decided on August this year instead of July. I have heard, and I pray this is right, that the groups clear out by August. Fingers crossed!

:thumbsup2Hope you will miss them, we all had to experience them last year. This year they were much better. The Disney CM's did not let them get out of hand.

Yum...Capt Cooks....can't wait! What did you all have?? Anyone try the pork nachos?? Yummmmm

:thumbsup2Midori and Lucy had Chicken Nuggets :lmao: I had the Grilled Chicken Sandwich with the Fruit Relish

Really?? I had heard that they have the most strict pool in Disney as far as pool hopping. I thought it was all fenced off and you needed wristbands to get in. I'm surprised to find out, in July no less, that they allowed you there??? Glad for you...what a fun place, but surprised.

:thumbsup2OK - I will tell you my secret :guilty: I knew they were really strict so I had Midori and Lucy walk up with me at the gate where one of the Lifeguards were checking World Cards. The lady said sorry Sir, you are not a Beach and Yacht Guest... I said OH!! Ok, and then turned to the 2 girls and said I am sorry 10 times. The lady lifeguard tapped me on the shoulder and said to me, don't tell any one and put the orange wrist bands on Midori, Lucy and I and let us in. :guilty:

Again...what did you all eat?? Make Your Own Pasta?? Yum!! Can you tell I'm hungry right now?? All I care about is the food! popcorn::

:thumbsup2Midori ate Pep Pizza, Lucy had Cheese Burger and I had the Pulled Pork Sandwich.

Great trip report Bob. Glad to see you all had fun! I just love Animal Kingdom Lodge. Someday we will stay there, but for now, while my son is young, I like to be closer to MK. But AKL is just beautiful. And to be upgraded to Savanna view....awesome!

Thanks, BUT !!!! - I learned how to produce a better trip report from YOU!!:yay:

Subbing! So far we were at MK and HS on the same days, we also had an 8:10 ressie at 50's, but our waitress was less than fun but the food was good!

Can't wait to find out how you liked Tony's! the Girls are adorable. you are such a wonderful Dad!

Thanks so much. Tony's is not my favorite but the Girl's liked it.

Really nice pictures. It really was a picture perfect day at Magic Kingdom. I'm really glad that Midori got to share her love of Disney with her BFF.

Thanks. Yes this year was very special.

Your trip report is great. Wish we could've met up at some point.

It would have been fun meeting you.

Subbing! So far we were at MK and HS on the same days, we also had an 8:10 ressie at 50's, but our waitress was less than fun but the food was good!

WOW!! we were in the same restaurant at the same time! I would have enjoyed meeting you..

To All - I have finished the trip report. Page 1 and continued on Page 2.

Thanks

the ending of your report just gave me chills!! You are honestly the sweetest father any girl can have. :hug:

I hope you have more and more visits in the future!

the ending of your report just gave me chills!! You are honestly the sweetest father any girl can have. :hug:

I hope you have more and more visits in the future!

Thanks so much for your kind worlds. I had tears while typing the post. :goodvibes

I want to take this moment to thank everyone on the July thread and everyone on the Dis-Board for being a part of our Magical Disney Vacation. May we all stay in touch and share our Magical Life Moments with each other. It has been a pleasure meeting, chatting and being a part of everyone's journey I will never forget.

The July DIS board thread was a new experience for me! I must say talking to all of you wonderful people made our trip that much more magical and exciting!

I want to take this moment to thank everyone on the July thread and everyone on the Dis-Board for being a part of our Magical Disney Vacation. May we all stay in touch and share our Magical Life Moments with each other. It has been a pleasure meeting, chatting and being a part of everyone's journey I will never forget.

The July DIS board thread was a new experience for me! I must say talking to all of you wonderful people made our trip that much more magical and exciting!

It's been a pleasure visiting with you also. I have been on the July thread for 3 years now. We used to go during Spring Break until my Boss implemented a policy that vacations can only be taken during the summer.

Hope to be able to see ya next year!

Great Stuff. :thumbsup2

I see you have a tentative plan to do Beach Club next July. We are planning to go back in July, and we are eyeing up Beach Club as well. We are at the mercy of the RCI inventory come December/January, but that's our hope. :rolleyes1
We'll be looking for you on the July 2014 board.

Great Stuff. :thumbsup2

I see you have a tentative plan to do Beach Club next July. We are planning to go back in July, and we are eyeing up Beach Club as well. We are at the mercy of the RCI inventory come December/January, but that's our hope. :rolleyes1
We'll be looking for you on the July 2014 board.

Yes Sir - OMG, can get enough of Disney. Just can not get 2 trips a year in as we would love to do.

Thanks for the compliment on the TP, did you see the You Tube Video? The one labeled Midori & Lucy Best Friends At Disneyworld. I am kinda of proud of the way it turned out. Had to speed up the fireworks at the end to fit with the music.

Wished we could have met up this year. Hopefully next year. BC here we come...:cool1:

Great report! We had some overlapping time and I shared many of your thoughts.

Our best morning? Rode EE 7 times in a row...at least that's what DS says :thumbsup2

Great report! We had some overlapping time and I shared many of your thoughts.

Our best morning? Rode EE 7 times in a row...at least that's what DS says :thumbsup2

Thanks Friend.. wished we would have been able top meet to say Hello.

EE 7 times - That Rocks :yay:

How lucky is Midori to have an awesome dad! And, how lucky is Lucy to have such great friends in you and Midori to include her in this fabulous holiday! Sounds like you have lots of fun, but not sure I could keep up your pace! You really do know how to tour the parks!

Great photos and videos! Hope to meet up next year!

Thanks for sharing, Karen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter